• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is kind of a weird question... but does anyone know where I can find detailed scouting reports?

I haven't watched pro basketball in a few years and hardly recognize anyone playing these days. I have an assignment due in one of my fitness classes, to put together a scouting report on the Boston Celtics... and while I know guys like Rondo, Pierce, Allen, Garnett... the rest of the team not so much.

I've done all the statistical stuff... but I need to list at least 5 play tendencies of the starters and 4-5 subs. Kind of stuck on this. Would really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Hollinger of ESPN has nice scouting reports, but you need ESPN Insider which costs a few dollars a month. You may be able to do a free trial though I don't know.

Cloudy

Banned
This is kind of a weird question... but does anyone know where I can find detailed scouting reports?

I haven't watched pro basketball in a few years and hardly recognize anyone playing these days. I have an assignment due in one of my fitness classes, to put together a scouting report on the Boston Celtics... and while I know guys like Rondo, Pierce, Allen, Garnett... the rest of the team not so much.

I've done all the statistical stuff... but I need to list at least 5 play tendencies of the starters and 4-5 subs. Kind of stuck on this. Would really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nbascouts/post/_/id/998/atlanta-hawks-boston-celtics-scouting-report

Emwitus

Originally Posted by Evolved1:

Google draftexpress. I think that't a good place. Not sure though.

Jonm1010

Banned
My brother just tried to tell me that Lebron James would beat Michael Jordan one on one. That Dwight Howard is the greatest Center of all time.........I think I'm going to punch him.

SUPREME1

Banned
*Lady co-worker walks in on a couple of us dudes talking Lakers*

Her: Oh the Lakers? *shakes head* You now, some of us had to abandon ship.

Me: What do you mean?

Her: The Lakers. We had to go over to the Clippers, you know.

Me: *self-control being tested* Oh yeah? Why?

Her: Because they are disappointing.

Me: How so?

Her: Well, they're just disappointing this season.

Her: They're just not that good. And the Clippers are pretty good this year. Some might say they're better.

Me: The Clippers are a lot better than they were before, yeah. But better than the Lakers? How so?

Her: The way they play.

Me: What do you mean? The Lakers had a better record than them and the Lakers finished first and the Clippers came in second in their division.

Her: *shakes head* Still, they're just so disappointing.

Me: *fighting inner rage* Well, I don't know. I guess we'll have to see.

Her: *shakes head* Yeah. It's just the way they're playing.

Me: *about to lose it... walks away*

FFUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted so bad to embarass her... but I just couldn't do it. This woman doesn't watch shit besides American Idol, The Voice and the Kardashians. She is always injecting herself into our conversations. The other day we were talkign the draft... and she butted in asking "who did we get?". Like we knew who the fuck she was talking about. We collectively asked, "you like footaball?" and she said yes. We asked her what team and she said the Bills. Then I remembered her husband is from NY and is likely why she even knew such a team existed. We told her we didn't know who they got and she said, "we never get anyone good anyway".

I think I walkked away that day as well.

/rant

This feels like one of those games where LAL can coast and still get a W. Nuggs are just completely overmatched. Faried is a nightmare cover for this team though. He is going to abuse Gasol and Drew on the boards and PnR all game long.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hollinger of ESPN has nice scouting reports, but you need ESPN Insider which costs a few dollars a month. You may be able to do a free trial though I don't know.

Thanks.

Hmm... $8 isn't too bad. You're pretty sure he breaks down player tendencies? Even the bench?

Again, thanks for your help.

edit: You guys were very helpful, thanks a lot. Sorry to interrupt your game!

Google draftexpress. I think that't a good place. Not sure though.

Actually, this is the best suggestion, I forgot they did scouting reports for most players back in 2008.

Thanks.

Hmm... $8 isn't too bad. You're pretty sure he breaks down player tendencies? Even the bench?

Again, thanks for your help.

edit: You guys were very helpful, thanks a lot. Sorry to interrupt your game!

He's does good stuff for all them I think, they were free for a bit and the ones I looked at were pretty detailed and good, but I didn't check the ones on the Celtics. Draftexpress has should have most players scouting reports for free.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Marquis-Daniels-2134/
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Keyon-Dooling-2255/
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Mickael-Pietrus-3953/

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I wish Shaq would go away.

And I love Coach Nick dubbing Amare the "Glasshole"

Duki

Banned
*Lady co-worker walks in on a couple of us dudes talking Lakers*

Her: Oh the Lakers? *shakes head* You now, some of us had to abandon ship.

Her: The Lakers. We had to go over to the Clippers, you know.

Me: *self-control being tested* Oh yeah? Why?

Her: Because they are disappointing.

Me: How so?

Her: Well, they're just disappointing this season.

Her: They're just not that good. And the Clippers are pretty good this year. Some might say they're better.

Me: The Clippers are a lot better than they were before, yeah. But better than the Lakers? How so?

Her: The way they play.

Me: What do you mean? The Lakers had a better record than them and the Lakers finished first and the Clippers came in second in their division.

Her: *shakes head* Still, they're just so disappointing.

Me: *fighting inner rage* Well, I don't know. I guess we'll have to see.

Her: *shakes head* Yeah. It's just the way they're playing.

Me: *about to lose it... walks away*

FFUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted so bad to embarass her... but I just couldn't do it. This woman doesn't watch shit besides American Idol, The Voice and the Kardashians. She is always injecting herself into our conversations. The other day we were talkign the draft... and she butted in asking "who did we get?". Like we knew who the fuck she was talking about. We collectively asked, "you like footaball?" and she said yes. We asked her what team and she said the Bills. Then I remembered her husband is from NY and is likely why she even knew such a team existed. We told her we didn't know who they got and she said, "we never get anyone good anyway".

I think I walkked away that day as well.

/rant

a mesmerizing soliloquy by imperial

Lkr

bynum sucks when doubled goddamn how can you be so bad when doubled?!

beautiful pass by Sessions to Gasol

how did the nuggets make it to the #6 seed? they look awful. you can say they're playing a good team in the lakers but the nugs are missing wide open shots and gimme shots around the basket

I can't stress enough how disappointing these playoffs have been. I bet the first round of last year will probably be better than the rest of this years postseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom