• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol jon barry acting all concerned

just because you sucked and had to try your hardest every possession doesn't mean everyone else has to

Emwitus

It's easy now for me to tell the difference between a hall of famer shooter like ray allen and a good shooter like steve novak. If you can't get you're self open(by being a good cutter)and can't create for yourself you're skills are pretty much useless in the playoffs where every one is hounded like a rabid dog.

It's easy now for me to tell the difference between a hall of famer shooter like ray allen and a good shooter like steve novak. If you can't get you're self open and can't create for yourself you're skill is pretty much useless....eg. Jason kapono.
That's going to have to be his progression... learning a post move or dribbling. Matt Bonner did it (kinda). Novak is in what, his 2nd-3rd year? He has time to learn, whether he can actually do it is another thing.

EDIT: OMG this is his 6th-7th year in the league. WTF get yo shit together.

Emwitus

That's going to have to be his progression... learning a post move or dribbling. Matt Bonner did it (kinda). Novak is in what, his 2nd-3rd year? He has time to learn, whether he can actually do it is another thing.

I see what you mean. Guy has to get with ray sometime. He has potential, i've seen him pump fake and still get his shot off confidently. And 7th year isn't so bad.

It's easy now for me to tell the difference between a hall of famer shooter like ray allen and a good shooter like steve novak. If you can't get you're self open(by being a good cutter)and can't create for yourself you're skills are pretty much useless in the playoffs where every one is hounded like a rabid dog.
You should make a blog chronicling the discoveries you make watching the NBA playoffs for the first time in your life to keep this self-evident rambling out of here.

That's going to have to be his progression... learning a post move or dribbling. Matt Bonner did it (kinda). He has time to learn, whether he can actually do it is another thing.

EDIT: OMG this is his 7th year in the league.

yeah 7th year. he can still learn, i hope he does. every team knows about him now so he has to adjust

ray allen is one of the most well conditioned athletes and boston also runs a lot of screens for him

novak's shit comes off penetration and ball swings

Emwitus

ray allen is one of the most well conditioned athletes and boston also runs a lot of screens for him

novak's shit comes off penetration and ball swings

Ray was still effective when he was the go to guy earlier on in his career.And he can occasionally create off the dribble. I also think in addition to being a good athlete you have to know how to read screens and cut.....His pull-up shot is also one of the fastest(while still keeping form)i've seen for any shooter ever

K5It5.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You should make a blog chronicling the discoveries you make watching the NBA playoffs for the first time in your life to keep this self-evident rambling out of here.

i lol'd

but at least he's learning. not clinging to espn bullshittery and clinging to preconceived ideas like some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom