• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuC

yoTXK.jpg

:)

Hard to believe that monstrous human being just turned 19, looks like he's pushing 30.

i know its preseason, but cmon there's over ten thousand people here and these are two of the most exciting teams in the league. fuck a boring halfcourt snoozefest with scrubs.

preseason

maybe if he's lucky, he can be the next stromile swift

no just... no

ryan hollins and sexy lexi and sean may. i'm not even gonna start on other people's favorite prospects...

Yeah...no. That perennial losing has you all messed up on judging players man

Sean may was fat from day one and had no commitment to shaping up, not even a valid comparison to Drummond's situation.

Ryan hollins averaged 5.5 and 1.7 in his debut year and not much else in the next. Show me a game in 2006 where Hollins came close to doing what drummond did tonight.

Drummond's defensive presence is changing the way teams attack already. He's swatting shit left and right. his 19 and 10 was done off instinct and hustle plays, nothing ran for him.

I'm not saying the dude is the second coming. He looks lost at times and it's going to take some time for him to really learn the fundamentals beyond his instincts, but you act like because Sean may liked to dunk donuts instead of baskets for your team and didn't pan out that no one else will.

abuC

Sean may was fat from day one and had no commitment to shaping up, not even a valid comparison to Drummond's situation.

Ryan hollins averaged 5.5 and 1.7 in his debut year and not much else in the next. Show me a game in 2006 where Hollins came close to doing what drummond did tonight.

Drummond's defensive presence is changing the way teams attack already. He's swatting shit left and right. his 19 and 10 was done off instinct and hustle plays, nothing ran for him.

I'm not saying the dude is the second coming. He looks lost at times and it's going to take some time for him to really learn the fundamentals beyond his instincts, but you act like because Sean may liked to dunk donuts instead of baskets for your team and didn't pan out that no one else will.

And Ryan Hollins college numbers as a senior were 7.0ppg and 4.8rpg too, he was obviously bum juice.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

no

i'm saying its preseason. and i lol at everyone - i just don't call out other people's favorite rookies (other than john wall). i just like to laugh at myself first.

but hey, if you want to set yourself up for disappointment go right ahead. Drummond is your typical iwassoftallthroughaauandcollegenowigotanewjerseysoi'llgohard for a few games til i get hit back type of big. anyone who's ever seen 2 games of him in college can you tell that - and while he was in college he was almost a record breaking parody of center. he's a project, let me know what he does in a year

in all reality, if detroit wasn't in even worse shape than sacramento, he'd be headed to the d-league on opening day

DY_nasty

We have an actual Andre Drummond fan on GAF? lmao
like if that bum from Baylor had a big preseason game

the next day, he'd still be that bum from Baylor.

I don't think people realize how much I had to force myself to like Biyombo at first. It wasn't until he shit on Dwight that I actually became a fan.

it did suck. at some point the NBA should schedule a regular season game in one of these bball crazy countries. I dunno why the fuck the NBA gives GB a regular season game, the game of basketball is not appreciated or cared about in GB and probably never will be.

pilonv1

I don't think people realize how much I had to force myself to like Biyombo at first. It wasn't until he shit on Dwight that I actually became a fan.

I will always remember not liking the Klay pick because I wanted Leonard. Then I saw him play in pre-season and was converted, and had my faith in the Logo restored

Hmm, if Collins hated Iggy firing away from three, I can only imagine how much he'll love a punk ass gunner like Nick Young. J-Rich aint trigger shy either. But at least theyll have a big to draw double and triple teams. for now.

Hmm, if Collins hated Iggy firing away from three, I can only imagine how much he'll love a punk ass gunner like Nick Young. J-Rich aint trigger shy either. But at least theyll have a big to draw double and triple teams. for now.

Iggy actually cared what people thought of him. If he did the whole fuck you coach thing people would murder him.

Nick? Lolno

No fucks given. Plus it will be his role to chuck just like Lou did for us last year. Iggy chucking would get the boo birds out quick. People used to trash iggy just because we went dumb and gave him his crazy ass contract.

I get why iggy is so butthurt. He was treated like shit ( sometime for good reasons) and then people would suck Turners dick when ever he made a layup and shit. That gets at you after a while I guess. It's kinda lame that he's popping off now but I get it.

Gonna drop 50 on us opening night and then go jump kick Doug.
and miss

so its come out that the Spanish basketball team trashed the shit out their hotel rooms in London and rang up a 14k bill in damages after dat Gold medal game loss.

Spain's basketball players have been slammed for 'trashing their apartments' following their gold-medal loss in the London Olympics to the U.S.
Manager Sergio Scariolo's team racked up more than $14,400 in damages to their two London 2012 rooms after the 107-100 loss, it was revealed Thursday.
The exact nature of the damage has not yet been confirmed, but the Spanish media has condemned the actions as "despicable" and "disrespectful".
And a source within the Spanish Basketball Federation, which has officially denied any knowledge of the vandalism, said: "The leaving parties are usually a regular thing when players finish a tournament. After living together for six weeks, preparing and competing, they have it. But it has never led to this."
Newspaper El Pais said Spain's Chef de Mission, Cayetano Cornet, confirmed the damage the day after the Aug. 12 game and that the Spanish Olympic Committee paid for the destruction immediately.
Dennis Hone, interim chief executive of the London Legacy Development Corporation, who is in charge of developing the Olympic Park in east London, told British newspaper The Guardian it was the only incident of hooliganism he had encountered during the sporting event.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ss-u-s-london-article-1.1180846#ixzz29HdNyulz

Team Spain building international goodwill, from China to GB.

Quick, name me a pre-season MVP who actually contributed anything when real basketball starts.

My point is that the dude has been impressive for where he's supposed to be at in his development. Look to grill me all you want with Drummond, I'm sticking to my opinion that he'll go far in the league and make some nice strides this season.

i...must...defend...my..fantasy...title

Is there a gaf league going?

DY_nasty

My point is that the dude has been impressive for where he's supposed to be at in his development. Look to grill me all you want with Drummond, I'm sticking to my opinion that he'll go far in the league and make some nice strides this season.
Joseph Forte was a preseason God Preseason is more meaningless than summer league imo. At least the level of play in summer league is consistent allowing you to get an idea of how guys should and shouldn't look. You'd be lucky to find 4 guys that give a fuck in any preseason game. The majority of players are sleep walking and when some kid comes out of nowhere busting ass its usually because they looked like ass for some extended period of time and they have something to prove - then they look like nancies later when the season rolls around and the rest of the league is like "You thought that we were serious? lol, u gon get this work"
Is there a gaf league going?
Should be

just waiting on a couple of people to see if we want to open another league i think

Joseph Forte was a preseason God Preseason is more meaningless than summer league imo. At least the level of play in summer league is consistent allowing you to get an idea of how guys should and shouldn't look. You'd be lucky to find 4 guys that give a fuck in any preseason game. The majority of players are sleep walking and when some kid comes out of nowhere busting ass its usually because they looked like ass for some extended period of time and they have something to prove - then they look like nancies later when the season rolls around and the rest of the league is like "You thought that we were serious? lol, u gon get this work"

Should be

just waiting on a couple of people to see if we want to open another league i think

If there's any spots open I'm down. won my league last year, looking to do some damage this year again also

DY_nasty

How come you guys hate Drummond?

I don't hate him.

But after him watching in college you can only say that he's the biggest waste of natural abilities and size since... well... of the past 10 years.

He can still "figure it out" but its hard to unfuck his kind of issue.

DCX

DCX
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/340832-rockets-coaches-jeremy-lin-needs-to-work-harder?eref=sihp&sct=hp_bf2_a9

Better to be old than wrong .

DCX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom