• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

giri

Wikipedia always delivers after posters:

LOL! PEACE.

That is meant to be funny?

That seems like elementary grade rubbish.

Random thought

Maybe Minnesota should try to aquire someone like Dragic and have Ricky come off the bench....I know their problems have more to do with defense than offense but man maybe having a pg that can score(or consistently make layups or just make more than 35% of their shots) would help them play better than just barely .500 ball.
I might be going too far since they do play in the west........

There's more to it. A lot more. Their offense is dumb. And i'm not sure why they're trying to play so up tempo when they have two plodders in love/pek and they can't really go small effectively. But realistically, they should be really good in the half court, Pek is a beast in the post, and a rubio / love PnR should be a lot harder to stop than it is.

Pek and Love just aren't working defensively. Love is bad on defense, and Pek isn't athletic enough to cover for him as a help defender. And vice versa. While they're a good rebounding combo, there's no real rim protection / shot altering going on. Combine that with Kevin Martin on the wing, and there's always some way to the basket despite brewer/rubio being good or better defenders. It's further proof that great defenses are built around great defensive bigs.

Maybe going after pekovic for Sanders/ Vucevic or Valunciunas or something like that. Something that gets them more athletic on the front line to back up love. They're basically looking for someone who can be for love, what Tyson was for Dirk.

pilonv1

I will keep to my theory that as good a three point shooter Love is, for this current team he's much more valuable on the offensive boards than jacking up threes.

dalVlatko

Kyrie is going to make Brandon Knight cry one of these games

kyrieblock19pfz.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That is meant to be funny?

That seems like elementary grade rubbish.

There's more to it. A lot more. Their offense is dumb. And i'm not sure why they're trying to play so up tempo when they have two plodders in love/pek and they can't really go small effectively. But realistically, they should be really good in the half court, Pek is a beast in the post, and a rubio / love PnR should be a lot harder to stop than it is.

Pek and Love just aren't working defensively. Love is bad on defense, and Pek isn't athletic enough to cover for him as a help defender. And vice versa. While they're a good rebounding combo, there's no real rim protection / shot altering going on. Combine that with Kevin Martin on the wing, and there's always some way to the basket despite brewer/rubio being good or better defenders. It's further proof that great defenses are built around great defensive bigs.

Maybe going after pekovic for Sanders/ Vucevic or Valunciunas or something like that. Something that gets them more athletic on the front line to back up love. They're basically looking for someone who can be for love, what Tyson was for Dirk.

Pek for Asik.

Who says no?

Emwitus

A rubio/love pnr can never be effective cause rubio can't shoot.love was getting quadrupole teamed in the post because no one respects rubios shot or most of the guys on their teams ability to penetrate . Also, they need a more dominant number 2 scorer.

Fuck, Bropez had become an amazing player too. I don't know if he can recover from another one (this is his 4th).

That's pretty much the end of the Nets' season and their next four years as well if he doesn't come back this.

danny ainge exec of the year

go get that pick from the nets by any means necessary

Danny Ferry traded Joe Johnson's four year, $89 million contract for multiple top 5 picks and then signed Millsap for only a third of what Josh Smith got, it has to be him (even if the Joe Johnson trade happened before, the consequences are coming through now).

Bread

Banned
Danny Ferry traded Joe Johnson's four year, $85 million contract for multiple top 5 picks and then signed Millsap for only a third of what Josh Smith got, it has to be him (even if the Joe Johnson trade happened before, the consequences are coming through now).
Ainge traded 2 geriatric players for 4 years of 1st round picks, Ferry might win now but in 4 years we could consider the pp/kg trade to be the steal of the century.
can we just rename the award Danny of the year?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Danny Ferry traded Joe Johnson's four year, $85 million contract for multiple top 5 picks and then signed Millsap for only a third of what Josh Smith got, it has to be him (even if the Joe Johnson trade happened before, the consequences are coming through now).

Masai Ujiri traded Andrea Bargnani and Rudy Gay in the same year and actually got back some adequate players.

Although I do agree with you about Ferry, but it's not a runaway as yet.

Honorable mention to the Blazers GM whose name escapes me. He built two top 4 West teams (including the Clippers) from two teams who were struggling just to make the playoffs.

I'm surprised Forever didn't break the Brook Lopez news. Too busy hunting down another Isola Knicks piece probably.
Masai Ujiri traded Andrea Bargnani and Rudy Gay in the same year and actually got back some adequate players.

Although I do agree with you about Ferry, but it's not a runaway as yet.
What adequate players did they get for Bargs again?

Eleuin

Sucks about bropez, their best player without a doubt

The Nets owe unprotected first rounders in 2014, 2015, 2017, and 2018. The 2013 Lakers' season of hell has already been beaten.
Wait I thought you couldn't trade picks if you were to go without first rounders two years in a row? I thought the picks were 14, 16, 18, 20 lol

thekad

Banned
Sucks about bropez, their best player without a doubt

Wait I thought you couldn't trade picks if you were to go without first rounders two years in a row? I thought the picks were 14, 16, 18, 20 lol
I don't think that rule extends to pick swaps.

That will be known as the Billy King rule.

Tom Penny

Damn it ATL has the swap with the Nets. C'z almost hit a homerun with the trade in year 1. ATL had to go and be a great team over .500 in the East :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm surprised Forever didn't break the Brook Lopez news. Too busy hunting down another Isola Knicks piece probably.

What adequate players did they get for Bargs again?

Steve Novak a man who probably would have hit that three that Bargs took.

And a player to be named later.

Top Bottom