• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

I just saw the refs blatantly screw over the Mavs to help the Toronto Raptors. Please explain how that makes any sense in a universe where the NBA is not corrupt as hell.

Lakers also lost to the Raptors this year...sorry if LiveFromKyoto was caught stunting on you too.

To your point about corruption, someone on this thread once told me that the Lakers were favored by Stern. Then we

1) got swept in 2011

2) had the CP3 trade overturned

How could any of those things happen if Stern loved the Lakers?

Branduil

Lakers also lost to the Raptors this year...sorry if LiveFromKyoto was caught stunting on you too.

To your point about corruption, someone on this thread once told me that the Lakers were favored by Stern. Then we

1) got swept in 2011

2) had the CP3 trade overturned

How could any of those things happen if Stern loved the Lakers?

Who said anything about the Lakers? Stern doesn't universally favor anyone except himself and his cronies. He might favor a team for a while but as soon as they start getting a big head he'll put them in their place.

If the league was really corrupt, they would've vetoed every single Knicks trade of the last 10 seasons.

Not if the Knicks are professional jobbers.

They said he could be back in as soon as 4 weeks. Need to stay in playoff contention
pierce_medium.gif

Who said anything about the Lakers? Stern doesn't universally favor anyone except himself and his cronies. He might favor a team for a while but as soon as they start getting a big head he'll put them in their place.

The someone I was referring to was YOU.

You used to always gripe over how Stern favored the Lakers but then he didn't and you had no answer as to why.

Now the reason is he grows tired of favoring teams?

Should the Heat be worried going forward?

Does he favor them too?

Why didn't he in 2011?

zychi

Banned
I just saw the refs blatantly screw over the Mavs to help the Toronto Raptors. Please explain how that makes any sense in a universe where the NBA is not corrupt as hell.
Practicing the corruption for the playoffs in games no one will notice

Branduil

The someone I was referring to was YOU.

You used to always gripe over how Stern favored the Lakers but then he didn't and you had no answer as to why.

Now the reason is he grows tired of favoring teams?

Should the Heat be worried going forward?

Does he favor them too?

Why didn't he in 2011?

Why do I have to psychically explain Stern's every whim? It's blatantly obvious there is corruption and systematic bias in the way the NBA is refereed.

This isn't even hypothetical. A referee was thrown in jail for fixing NBA games. This is a factual thing that happened. How does a corrupt referee go unnoticed in a league that calls games fairly? And yet I'm crazy for saying that it wasn't an isolated incident.

Konex, you like anime...here's one for you...if Kobe could jack into anyone's body on the Lakers (ala the Matrix) and have all his Kobe such amazing powers (but in control of a youthful body) who would you want and why?

Go.

Kemba hasn't been the primary facilitator of the offense for any real stretch since his rookie year. He's on his tempo - which is cool, but not too many coaches would co-sign his playstyle.

if Westbrook can average more than 6 dimes then I don't see how Kemba can't. He's killing me : (

Top Bottom