• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
He probably sucks but the guy has played 4 minutes a game. Not sure what you can get from that.

Honestly I have a pretty low opinion on Adelman. I don't think he's done anything to develop a system for Ricky and he doesn't do anything to develop his rooks. If Love is a lost cause then they need to be seeing what they have in Dieng and Shabazz off the bench. I know for a fact that Dieng can contribute on an NBA level.

Adelman reminds me of Flip--neither of those guys are patient enough to develop talent. They want to be handed the keys to strong teams with veteran talent.

I think there are some things that you can question about Rick Adelman, but not playing Shabazz isn't one of them. He plays rookies that can play, like Rubio. I mean, he played Williams a lot, too, and he sucks.

I think Dieng could actually contribute, but Pekovic plays in front of him and that guy is really good.

Cloudy

Banned
The Phil Jackson job at LA is really impressive in hindsight. Metta was
is
insane, everyone hates Kobe, Pau is a pussy, Lamar was looking for any excuse to smoke crack and Bynum didn't want to work for money but somehow he got that team to three NBA finals.

The bench mob wasn't NBA ready at all either--Jordan Farmar is probably still overseas caliber and Sasha isn't an NBA player.

Or maybe people just need to give Kobe the credit he deserves for carrying a bunch of guys who did shit before and after they played with him to 3 Finals. I swear, Pau and Odom get more credit for winning with Kobe than Wade and Bosh do for the Heat's 2 rings lol

It's really funny how the same people who say Kobe's first 3 rings are Shaq's (regardless of what actually happened during those playoff runs) turn around and say he only won the other 2 cos of Pau, Bynum and Odom

giri

We're not desperate enough to trade a 1st rounder for old ass Pau Gasol.

But with all your assets surely all your future picks are going to be in the mid 20's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But i see the first asset is walking out the door on jan 7th?

Bynum is still a terrible human being.

giri

i don't even remember what herpes reasons original name was anymore, same with nori chan

all I know is herpes is about that vicbien life

in fact i think i had a tag before MWO and i cant remember that either. WTF is wrong with me

Viakado and Noriega

giri

No one's interested in paying him $6 mil but he will land on any team he wants for the minimum

First, yes, realise i'm responding to a cloudy post.

But, i'm not sure he ends up on any team. If you're being thrown out of a team because of being a cancer, and you're not that good a player, then ...

I mean, odom didn't have a ton of suitors after his stint with the mavs.

And most contending teams have a lot of redundant 7 footers already.

Haven't the clippers JUST resolved their locker room issues too? i'm not sure they should be messing with that.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So Bynum got paid 6 mill to rehab, gain some confidence that he can still play somewhat, and then wants to play for a contender. I hate to say it, but the Cavs got played, hard.

Cloudy

Banned

But, i'm not sure he ends up on any team. If you're being thrown out of a team because of being a cancer, and you're not that good a player, then ...

Haven't the clippers JUST resolved their locker room issues too? i'm not sure they should be messing with that.

Unless he's hurt, someone will pick him up. Shit, the Hawks need a big

Cavs' point differential per 100 possessions

Irving on, Bynum off: -1 (slightly below average)
Irving on, Bynum on: -18 (numbers worse than that of the worst team of all time)

He has negative offensive win shares as well and looks horrible physically.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Beasley got another shot.

The Clippers are playing the likes of Byron Mullens and the Heat are playing Joel Anthony and banking on Greg Oden somehow coming back.

He won't have any problem finding suitors at the minimum. Comparing Bynum to Odom is apples to oranges. One can play center and the other can't. And Odom is an actual threat to himself and has major substance abuse problems. Bynum is just a general dipshit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

The Clippers are playing the likes of Byron Mullens and the Heat are playing Joel Anthony and banking on Greg Oden somehow coming back.

He won't have any problem finding suitors at the minimum. Comparing Bynum to Odom is apples to oranges. One can play center and the other can't. And Odom is an actual threat to himself and has major substance abuse problems. Bynum is just a general dipshit.

mullens only got signed because nobody watches bobcats games

he's the worst player in the league

edit: behind bennett

Joel anthony has played 33 minutes total this season and not a single second was significant...

Miami doesn't play him, Birdman took all his minutes. So using Joel as an argument for the Heat wanting Bynum doesn't make sense.

And we aren't banking anything in a minimum contract Oden.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Joel anthony has played 33 minutes total this season and not a single second was significant...

Miami doesn't play him, Birdman took all his minutes. So using Joel as an argument for the Heat wanting Bynum doesn't make sense.

It's not about the regular season. It's about potential playoff matchups. Miami's bigs can't hang with the likes of Indiana. It's the reason why they thought signing Greg Oden was a good idea.

Then again the Pacers should probably should just sign him themselves. They are so fucked when Hibbert has to come out of the game and Mahinmi has to play.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Knicks' next four games: Raptors, Spurs, Rockets, Mavs.

6 game L streak inbound.

Never underestimate the Rockets when it comes to losing to the worst teams.

Then again it's the Knicks... who the fuck loses to them.

giri

ehhh no

Odom can and has played C. And the biggest difference is that Odom wasn't coming back from injury. He just lost the desire to play, but not the one to get paid, which is exactly like Bynum.

And the heat...

I can see him ending up on the clippers because they're a stupid organisation, but they really shouldn't even consider him.

And the Hawks are trying to win. If they want to replace horford they make the Asik trade.

diehard

Fleer
I made a gif to showcase some real PG skills. 10mb is worth it.

lucas.gif

Top Bottom