• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I cant wait to see how CJ Mccollum fits on this Blazers squad and if he's any good, cause if he is, that could be huge for them

Statistically, Blazers bench has been kinda mediocre. But last year's was worst in the league, so mediocre is a huge improvement. McCollumn should help. Another three-point weapon for Portland sounds scary...

reilo

Remember guys, Portland media said LaMarcus REALLY wanted out.

reilo

then they started winning..

It's one thing to ask for the team to improve (like duh, what serious professional athlete wouldn't want that?), and it's another to paint the picture that he wanted out, despite everything to the contrary.

KingGondo

Banned
And yet OKC shot 7 more freethrows. Not a good argument to make.
Portland attempted 23 threes compared to 11 for us. OKC was driving all night.

The game was fairly called. Looking forward to the next 3 games against you guys. Glad the season's going well so far.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It's one thing to ask for the team to improve (like duh, what serious professional athlete wouldn't want that?), and it's another to paint the picture that he wanted out, despite everything to the contrary.

He wanted out unless they could improve isn't fair to say?

Pkaz01

reilo

BillSimmons: I think Billy King should be the NBA's Exec of the Year. He helped build a contender in Portland, and it looks like he saved the Celtics.

lol fucking cruel.

Kevtones

Blazers are 8-1 vs. Playoff Teams

It's pretty important for them to win games against teams like this even when the threes aren't falling. Portland has been able to execute their gameplan to a T. They don't get rattled.

Notice there are no ISO plays, either. When LMA gets the ball, it's after a successfully run play, and not out of desperation.

22 to 11 in assists tonight. And yeah the knock has been 'they're reliant on the three' - well they still made a decent clip but missed a ton of wide open looks. Love their demeanor too. They're focused and I hope they can keep it (think they can).

Nice to see Wright play well too.

Clipjoint

The Jennette McCurdy Effect

My man.

spl602421-017.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
MKG out 6 weeks.

He was without question the primary reason our defense was one of the best in the league even in limited minutes.

#shutitdown
#nevertoolatetotank
#restartforsmart

Blackace

MKG out 6 weeks.

He was without question the primary reason our defense was one of the best in the league even in limited minutes.

#shutitdown
#nevertoolatetotank
#restartforsmart

lol 8-11 and in 8th

DY_nasty

lol 8-11 and in 8th

We can't always play Cleveland. :p

Besides, its not like we haven't had injuries. Al is putting up great numbers but he and Kemba are both gimped right now.

Sessions has to go though. I didn't think it was possible for a guy to put up 24 assists in a game then somehow transform into one of the most selfish players in the league. Only loss I'm really mad about this season is the one to Boston. Charlotte is exactly what I thought they'd be this year. Under .500 and in the playoffs lol

Blackace

We can't always play Cleveland. :p

Besides, its not like we haven't had injuries. Al is putting up great numbers but he and Kemba are both gimped right now.

Sessions has to go though. I didn't think it was possible for a guy to put up 24 assists in a game then somehow transform into one of the most selfish players in the league. Only loss I'm really mad about this season is the one to Boston. Charlotte is exactly what I thought they'd be this year. Under .500 and in the playoffs lol

The Cats are so poorly put together. Jefferson is awesome and paired with Kemba is good.. the rest of the team? hot trash.

MKG out 6 weeks.

#shutitdown
#nevertoolatetotank
#restartforsmart

If I wanted us to win games this year I'd be disappointed, but I don't so this is really a good thing in my view. Our defense/rebounding are going to take a huge hit, so we'll be back to being one of the worst teams in the league. Taylor and Gordon are going to get us L's like the pros they are.

And can I get a 3 seed chant from Wizards-gaf?

DY_nasty

The Cats are so poorly put together. Jefferson is awesome and paired with Kemba is good.. the rest of the team? hot trash.

Nah. We're good. Especially considering where we came from. With all the bad luck in the draft recently, this isn't a bad spot at all. Kinda wish Portland wasn't sabotaging our pick, but Detroit is just as bad as we need them to be and we stand ready to hit the tank button at a moments notice.

Actually - The main thing that's pissing me off is Kemba. He can run an offense. For whatever reason, we'd rather just run high post bullshittery all game long. I don't mind it in spurts, but its pretty much the same situation that Lillard is in. Neither guy runs the offense. When things break down, he needs to have his mind made up before the shot clock is below 7 seconds. Nobody wants a passive point guard.

Top Bottom