• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nothing will replace Cats-Knicks

Cats-Knicks was fun at the time, but the fact that Brooklyn and New York both have no picks at all in the draft of the decade while being bottom feeders instead of the championship contenders they were claiming to be is just...

i0gdejtP36GSH.png

Fox318

Cats-Knicks was fun at the time, but the fact that Brooklyn and New York both have no picks at all in the draft of the decade while being bottom feeders instead of the championship contenders they were claiming to be is just...

i0gdejtP36GSH.png

They tank don't tank for the big player, they tank with real heart and soul that no team could match. Any team could lose back to back to the kings, it takes a real team to lose 9 in a row and be winless for a month.

masud

Banned

i0gdejtP36GSH.png

They're also 1 and 2 in payroll. It really is just poetry.

Fox318

They're also 1 and 2 in payroll. It really is just poetry.

They cut Lin for financial reasons.

Maybe they can resign Alan Houston and have to pay a $100 million Luxury Tax. Maybe when Jimmy Dolan can't pay the Boss so he can front for the ‎E Street Band will they make changes.

They scared now

Its kind of sad and hilarious how everyone will tune in tonight to see who will out-suck the other. I'm kind of hoping for a Knicks loss to see the team implode.

They cut Lin for financial reasons.

Maybe they can resign Alan Houston and have to pay a $100 million Luxury Tax. Maybe when Jimmy Dolan can't pay the Boss so he can front for the ‎E Street Band will they make changes.

They scared now

Dolan got mad at Lin for the most bitchmade of reasons, plus Melo probably had something to do with it as well. CAA owns the Knicks. Seems like theres an easier way to get Dolan to do whatever you want than buying the team outright. You just gotta get him on tour with his favorite band.

Keep it up, maybe if you pound those keys a little harder I'll feel your anger over here

Cavs absolutely dominated the Nuggets last night on both sides of the ball. The offense looks like it has flowed a lot better since the Miami game and Mike Brown has obviously improved the defense dramatically. Heck, Kyrie looked like a passable defender last night and was able to hold Ty Lawson to 1-13 from the field. Offensively he needs to be more efficient (23 points on 20 shots) but I'm sure he'll find his groove here soon. Let's look at some of the notable performers:

Tristan Thompson 17/21
Anderson Varejao 18/13
Andrew Bynum 14/7

Nuggets held to under 40% shooting and their 7 game win streak was snapped. We take on Atlanta Friday.

No assets on this team though.

Jeff-DSA

Keep it up, maybe if you pound those keys a little harder I'll feel your anger over here

Cavs absolutely dominated the Nuggets last night on both sides of the ball. The offense looks like it has flowed a lot better since the Miami game and Mike Brown has obviously improved the defense dramatically. Heck, Kyrie looked like a passable defender last night and was able to hold Ty Lawson to 1-13 from the field. Offensively he needs to be more efficient (23 points on 20 shots) but I'm sure he'll find his groove here soon. Let's look at some of the notable performers:

Tristan Thompson 17/21
Anderson Varejao 18/13
Andrew Bynum 14/7

Nuggets held to under 40% shooting and their 7 game win streak was snapped. We take on Atlanta Friday.

No assets on this team though.

Ok.

Guys, Gucci can look at a box score. He has shown that skill and he knows how to copy the numbers from that box score and post them on GAF. We'll have to decide if that's two skills or if it's just one skill with added application.

Guys, Gucci can look at a box score. He has shown that skill and he knows how to copy the numbers from that box score and post them on GAF. We'll have to decide if that's two skills or if it's just one skill with added application.

Nice try. Really like the stealth edit too.

We're discussing basketball in this thread you neanderthal, half the discussion is dominated by statistics. Not sure if you noticed but that's how normal people with intelligence evaluate things.

He's the Cleveland fan and he thinks I'm the one who should be mad.

You like the Dolphins, Jazz, and BYU. The irony is strong with this one.

So mad lmao

KingGondo

Banned
Zach Lowe said:
Kendrick Perkins' PER is a career-low 5.4, and his turnover rate is gargantuan. Rebounding way down. Not sure he deserves 18 minutes/game.

Whenever I write/tweet anything pointing out Perk issues, execs on other West teams implore me to shut up. Gleeful he still plays so much.

perkheavyheart.jpg

Adams has to start at some point this season, right?

Right?

I just remember how so many people dismissed my claim that Carmelo would make the Knicks worse.
Having a third of the roster hurt and another 3rd a shell of themselves due to major injuries will do that. But sure, just blame it on Carmelo. It's possible. I mean it's not an entirely intelligent position, but it's possible.

... relatively.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
isclevelandagoodbasketballteamyet.com says "No, come back again next season."

FYI to everyone: Bobcats are 3rd in Defensive Efficiency.

DY_nasty

Bobcats are currently the 3rd best defensive team in the NBA.

MKG's on/off court defense tracks him at top 5 in the NBA.

BUT

reilo

Having a third of the roster hurt and another 3rd a shell of themselves due to major injuries will do that. But sure, just blame it on Carmelo. It's possible. I mean it's not an entirely intelligent position, but it's possible.

... relatively.

Isn't it pretty much an open secret that half the team blames Carmelo? Who else do you think they're talking about when they use a phrase like "the ball seems to stick"? He's also shooting 27% from three on 4.1 attempts. That's lol.

DY_nasty

December

Regression to the mean

Al Jefferson

41M
The defense actually got better when Al came back. I said "wow" too.

If Charlotte is regressing to the mean, does that mean that Kyrie already has his bags packed?
ijPBtb0HdF1Ek.png

... relatively.

Its funny you say this after blaming Tyson Chandler and Shumpert for not picking up the slack.

The defense actually got better when Al came back. I said "wow" too.

If Charlotte is regressing to the mean, does that mean that Kyrie already has his bags packed?
ijPBtb0HdF1Ek.png

30th in defensive efficiency last year

Overpaid for a big man who is notorious for playing shitty defense just so they can be a middling team in the East instead of tanking

3rd in defensive efficiency this year. Oh wait. It's December.

Regression will occur, the law of averages will take over.

Bobcats will be one of the worst defensive teams in the league by years end.

"DUHH BUT KYRIE LOL"
image.php

reilo

Oh, are you saying that Cleveland is gonna regress to their winning percentage of .293 from last season then?

Oh, are you saying that Cleveland is gonna regress to their winning percentage of .293 from last season then?

No because we actually improved our team and didn't sign a black hole at center while keeping the same shitty roster from last year that was the worst defensive team in the association. Nice try though bro, almost got me.

reilo

FYI, Cleveland's SRS is 29th in the league. They are also bottom 8th in SOS.

They are 6-12 after having played one of the easiest schedules in the league. But yep, it's only December.

Jeff-DSA

This kid, who doesn't know any of us, comes in and starts calling people stupid while making stupid arguments about whether or not the Bobcats are going to regress. He's gotta be someone's trolling alt, right?

I'm not even going to talk to him anymore. I might talk about him, we'll see, but he's basically as irrelevant as the post-Lebron Cavs anyway.

DY_nasty

Lets give him a chance guys :3
30th in defensive efficiency last year

Overpaid for a big man who is notorious for playing shitty defense just so they can be a middling team in the East instead of tanking

3rd in defensive efficiency this year. Oh wait. It's December.

Regression will occur, the law of averages will take over.

Bobcats will be one of the worst defensive teams in the league by years end.

"DUHH BUT KYRIE LOL"
image.php
We might've been 30th in defensive efficiency because our front court consisted of Desagna Diop, Brendan Haywood, Byron Mullens, and Bismack "I can guard everyone if I try" Biyombo while our coach banked everything on forcing turnovers with a constant fullcourt press in order to jumpstart a non-existant, two man-offense.

If you actually looked into what I just said, you'd see that Charlotte scored an 'odd' amount of points in the paint last year despite its size - because it was one of the league leaders in fast break points throughout most of the season. Which would be nice, but we had no offense to speak of outside of forcing turnovers.

So

If Charlotte were somehow scoring 100pts per game, then yeah, you'd definitely have an argument. Because with a similar scoring cast, that just shouldn't make much sense at all especially given how the offense is almost identical to Paul Silas'. But defensively? Actually not selling out for every steal or block presented and *gasp* not getting completely demolished on the boards and giving the team the once rare opportunity to end possessions without inbounding it from the baseline changes quite a bit.

Cool - good argument presented. Now, when he decides to not read a damned thing again, we can all just agree to troll him without mercy until Blackace steps in, right?

reilo

LMAO. The Starters just showed a clip where Wesley asked Stotts to guard YNB, and YNB heard it and said some shit like "watch this" as he tried to post up Wesley, and completely got shut down defensively.

Stay free YNB. Stay free.

Jeff, I was 2nd in posting the last thread, where exactly were you at? I'm not saying this to "brag" or anything dumb like that, just pointing out that I've been here.

"Bu...but he's mean and making dumb arguments!"

So when I use statistics and logic to back up my points that you don't want to hear I'm "trolling" now? I love how people like you try to play the victim. I sit here and take personal attacks all day but don't cry about it, I dish it back out. At the end of the day they're fucking words and this is an anonymous forum. I don't care what you say about me, learn to stop being overly sensitive.

Saying you won't talk to me, which obviously implies that you're mad, is the same thing as "I'm taking my ball and going home." If you're over the age of 16 it's pathetic.

I'm ready to have a discourse with anyone here but if you're an asshole to me be prepared to get it right back.

Jeff-DSA

So reilo, how legit is this Portland team? I'm more surprised by their success than, say, Cleveland sucking as hard as they are. That bench is still an issue, but holy jeez, it doesn't seem to matter all that much.

Gucci LMAO-ing at people being 'so mad' and to stop being overly sensitive yet he's the one constantly being defensive and constantly flinging shit at other people to "act an asshole" back at them

stay free

Top Bottom