• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

giri

Lol no, terrible idea no matter how you try to spin it. Why give up assets when we can sign him after the season without giving anything up? Why try to get better this season when we have a historic draft coming up? Why cater to a guy right now when he's going to be here for the next 5 years regardless?

What assets? Waiters? lol yeah a real asset.

Not playing Biyombo at all, when we're going up against Roy Hibbert is indefensible. It's genius game planiing to put a 6'7 power forward on someone that is 7'2. God, I hope Clifford really isn't this retarded.

Mik317

What assets? Waiters? lol yeah a real asset.

Yeah if dude is as cancerous as the rumors say, then most of the league know that the Cavs almost need to trade him and thus won't give shit up for him. Deng is a pretty good get back for him at this point.

Yeah if dude is as cancerous as the rumors say, then most of the league know that the Cavs almost need to trade him and thus won't give shit up for him. Deng is a pretty good get back for him at this point.
For the last time, we're not trading for Luol Deng. It doesn't make sense when he's on an expiring deal. If we wiff on LeBron in free agency he'll still be around and we wouldn't have moved anything to get him.

It's not going to happen, speculate all you want though.

giri

A player is an asset, don't be an idiot. We're not giving up young talent for an old Luol Deng.

Youre right gucci. no name nothing unproven and cancerous in waiters is a total asset compared to the second best wing defender in the league great team mate effecient deng.

Youre right gucci. no name nothing unproven and cancerous in waiters is a total asset compared to the second best wing defender in the league great team mate effecient deng.
You're stupid if you think giving up Dion Waiters for Luol Deng is a good idea, that's all I can say. We're not going to do it so I don't even know why I'm arguing with you about it.

dalVlatko

This is the best the Cavs have looked since game one against Brooklyn

not buying it though, Heat outscore Cavs 30-10 in the third and win by 24

Thats being very harsh on Waiters and even if it was all true I still wouldn't give him up for a guy that we can sign in the offseason

You obviously don't get it. The Cavs are trying to make the playoffs.
You obviously don't get it, that's not a good move for the team long term. Especially with LeBron's possible entrance into free agency and a historic draft coming up. We can get Deng at the end of the season without giving anything up.

It's a miracle we're only down 5. If Biyombo actually got some play we'd probably be winning. MKG, Al, and Zeller are playing great. Everyone else is sucking wind though.

dalVlatko

lol fuck espn

3gqqV9s.png

KG is a -20 in six minutes, what the hell.

If the Hawks didn't have the rights to swap their pick with the Nets I'd swear that KG is sabotaging the Nets from within to help out the Celtics.

edit: and if things continue as is that pick swap is going to be worth its weight in gold. Eff me if it nets (lol) the hawks someone like Parker or Wiggins.

Give reasons.

EDIT: You do realize we aren't tanking?
It's nice to want things.

You do realize this roster needs a complete overhaul and adding Deng isn't going to improve us that much? Tanking is a real possibility.

1. Deng is old and has a ton of minutes logged. We're not giving up the #4 pick for him.

2. Deng is expiring. If we wiff on LeBron he will be available in free agency. We don't need to give anything up for him.

This is the last I'm addressing this stupid rumor because it isn't going to happen. Shump? That's a possibility if NY gets impatient and wants to pull the trigger.

Top Bottom