• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Vahagn

Joke post?

There are three guys in the league with over 70 passes per game and that's Wall, Rubio, and Paul, and he's first in hockey assisted points per game and second in points per assist.

Pls tell me you're joking

Wall has never for a season averaged more than 8.5 apg. He's at 8.6 now, we'll see if it lasts. CP3 has done it every season but one. Nash has done it 9 times. Deron has done it 7 times. You're using a sample size of about 15 games, and you're ranking him not on absolutes, but on league rankings in comparison to other PG's on a sample size where Rajon Rondo, Steve Nash, and Deron Williams, Westbrook and Rose have been injured or recovering from injuries and not their normal selves. Not that Westbrook or Rose are great PG's, but you've got 5 of the better players at that position dealing with injuries over the first 20% of this season.

Edit: I used 8.5 because that's where Wall is at currently this season, the season where you're basing all your data off of, I didn't just pick it arbitrarily

Wall has good floor vision, but he makes dangerous cross court passes too often and he still plays like he wants everyone to know hes the best athlete in the building.
also Wall is absolutely better at setting up teammates than Westbrook. Half of the reason for that is cause he actually has more than a fleeting desire to do so.

Wall has good floor vision, but he makes dangerous cross court passes too often and he still plays like he wants everyone to know hes the best athlete in the building.
also Wall is absolutely better at setting up teammates than Westbrook. Half of the reason for that is cause he actually has more than a fleeting desire to do so.

That's because he is.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Man, Wall was a class-A bum a few seasons again. Especially in these threads. Now the media is ogling over him.

Anyway...

Knicks gon' get dat D tonite.

Caramel Anfernee iz gon' be a Laker next year. Carmel and Kerby lyfe

It's too early to make a dissection on Wall but let's be real, body language doctor says it's not a good thing that Nene saw Wall with the ball and realized oh fuck it I'm not going to run the rest of this break

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Biyombo has looked pretty good when he gets to play, when he and MKG are both on the floor our defense has been top 5 in the league in points allowed. Our offense though...is a thing of revulsion.

edit: I have to believe we're playing to our roster's weaknesses to get better at those things, otherwise..... :-|
I don't even know...

But Sessions completely chopping the offense is killing me.

exarkun

Pheee, don't go at Wall like that. We all know Heat fans don't know what a real PG looks like. Cole World and Mario "Guys, why do you always say we need a PG in Interviews when Im right here" Chalmers aren't exactly lighting anyone's pants on fire with their assists.

Wall has never for a season averaged more than 8.5 apg. He's at 8.6 now, we'll see if it lasts. CP3 has done it every season but one. Nash has done it 9 times. Deron has done it 7 times. You're using a sample size of about 15 games, and you're ranking him not on absolutes, but on league rankings in comparison to other PG's on a sample size where Rajon Rondo, Steve Nash, and Deron Williams, Westbrook and Rose have been injured or recovering from injuries and not their normal selves. Not that Westbrook or Rose are great PG's, but you've got 5 of the better players at that position dealing with injuries over the first 20% of this season.

Edit: I used 8.5 because that's where Wall is at currently this season, the season where you're basing all your data off of, I didn't just pick it arbitrarily

First of all, Wall is at 8.9 APG this season, not 8.5. Basketball reference lags behind. His injury dipped his assist average last year but he's pretty much an 8.4 APG career guy, while playing with one of the worst cast of players you could imagine for the majority of his short career.

He has 19.4 assist opportunities per game, second only to Pauls 22 per game.

Here's the list of guys who averaged over 8.5 APG for their careers: Magic, Stockton, CP, Big O, Isiah, Kevin Johnson, D-Will, Steve Nash, and....that's it.

So basically, your standard for being a true PG is to be a hall of famer. Lol, got it.

The bolded isn't even relevant to the conversation, so I'll dismiss that. I don't know what those guys have to do with Walls play.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 4m
Sources: Cavs shopping Dion Waiters. They've spoken w/Chi, NYK & Philly. No deal imminent. Waiters is open to being traded.

How does Chris Grant have a job? Wow

I don't even know...

But Sessions completely chopping the offense is killing me.

Sessions leading the team in usage percentage is crazy, I don't understand it. We have to be showcasing him for a trade. We damn well better put MKG and Biz on the floor a lot tonight if don't want to get blown out. It should be an interesting game at least.

Who thought that drafting an inefficient, chucking ass midget that needs the ball to be effective to pair with Kyrie Irving -- who else needs the ball -- a right idea?

dalVlatko

I don't even want to watch the game tonight, I already know its going to be embarrassing.

The Q is gonna be filled with Heat fans and ESPN is going after the Lebron free agency story line all week

giri

I don't even want to watch the game tonight, I already know its going to be embarrassing.

The Q is gonna be filled with Heat fans and ESPN is going after the Lebron free agency story line all week

Your avatar always confuses me into thinking you're a GSW fan.

Waiters for Hendo

I'm srs

seWBFwC.jpg

It's going to be weird being the center of attention for best gaf tonight. Hopefully Dion plays out of his mind so that NY is stupid enough to think trading Shump is a good move.

Top Bottom