• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

DominoKid

this game
iOC4FxhuVQRWq.gif

Glad to see the Gophers play well after the flop against Michigan. Should be 2-0 but the season is still early. Easy win against Penn State then 4 games against ranked teams.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I guess we might be getting a little backlash/overcorrecting for staying in the Top 10 with 2 losses. 9 spots...ouch.

There goes the streak. Still pretty damn impressive, I doubt anyone approaches it for a long time.

I guess we might be getting a little backlash/overcorrecting for staying in the Top 10 with 2 losses. 9 spots...ouch.

There goes the streak. Still pretty damn impressive, I doubt anyone approaches it for a long time.

I'm sure the AP poll is happy that people are now looking back and wondering how the hell that Demarcus Nelson/Greg Paulus Duke team was ever ranked in the top 10

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm sure the AP poll is happy that people are now looking back and wondering how the hell that Demarcus Nelson/Greg Paulus Duke team was ever ranked in the top 10

That team had a ton of close losses though. They sucked but they tried....well except McRoberts.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah on paper it does sound bad, although we did pretty well that year. We even beat a #3 UNC at the Dean Dome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_Duke_Blue_Devils_men's_basketball_team

That team had a ton of close losses though. They sucked but they tried....well except McRoberts.

We didn't have McRoberts in 2007-2008 (which is when the streak started).

Yeah on paper it does sound bad, although we did pretty well that year. We even beat a #3 UNC at the Dean Dome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_Duke_Blue_Devils_men's_basketball_team

We didn't have McRoberts in 2007-2008 (which is when the streak started).

The 07-08 team was decent (not really good by Duke standards, losing to Belmont in the second round of the NCAA tourney) but they were world-beaters compared to 06-07. That was a nightmare year. Getting swept by UNC, not even being good enough to get a bye in the ACC Tourney,losing in the first game of the ACCT to fucking NC State led by Engin Atsur (where's he at these days?), and then losing to VCU in the first round of the NCAA Tourney.

The only good thing about 06-07 was bringing in the Scheyer, Henderson, Thomas, Zoubek class that would be the backbone of the title team three years later.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
The 07-08 team was decent (not really good by Duke standards, losing to Belmont in the second round of the NCAA tourney) but they were world-beaters compared to 06-07. That was a nightmare year. Getting swept by UNC, not even being good enough to get a bye in the ACC Tourney,losing in the first game of the ACCT to fucking NC State led by Engin Atsur (where's he at these days?), and then losing to VCU in the first round of the NCAA Tourney.

The only good thing about 06-07 was bringing in the Scheyer, Henderson, Thomas, Zoubek class that would be the backbone of the title team three years later.

Almost losing to Belmont in the 1st round. Lost to WVU in the 2nd round, led by Joe Alexander (cocky little shit). Then we got sweet sweet revenge and blew them out in 2010 in the Final Four.

jakncoke

Banned
Joe Alexander can choke on a bag of dicks, big eared goon

edit; nice night of college basketball baylor at iowa st and ohio st at michigan st

Talon

same at every school. don't care.
This shit don't fly at Duke, Northwestern, and Stanford.

I'd expect this to happen at Ohio State or Arizona, not UNC. UMich, UCB, UVA, and UNC are supposed to be on a separate level academically. Disappointing to read about this.

Duke begins their life as might-as-well-be-unranked in a few minutes against Georgia Tech at home. Sulaimon has apparently been reinserted into tonight's starting lineup. Jefferson, too.

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 3m
New (old) lineup for #Duke: Quinn Cook, Rasheed Sulaimon, Rodney Hood, Jabari Parker and Amile Jefferson

Top Bottom