• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

oh Syracuse...
BcwgiOpCYAADs2q.jpg

they will though.

Syracuse will be our new Maryland. Another school claiming a rivalry with Duke where there is none.

Except Syracuse will actually win

chris121580

And Luke Fischer withdrawals from IU today and is transferring. We are going to be hurting so bad for big men next season if Vonleh decides to try and go pro

thefro

And Luke Fischer withdrawals from IU today and is transferring. We are going to be hurting so bad for big men next season if Vonleh decides to try and go pro

Homesick apparently... we'd better not let him easily transfer to Wisconsin (besides, UWM and Marquette are much closer to his hometown he's allegedly homesick for than Madison, WI).

Seth C

Chase Behanan was just kicked out of Louisville for reasons unknown

Also Kevin Ware is likely to redshirt and take the rest of the season off to get healthy.

Wasn't he indefinitely suspended days before the Kentucky game, then played in the Kentucky game, and now kicked off? Rick Pitino is so predictable it's hilarious.

Fjordson

Wasn't he indefinitely suspended days before the Kentucky game, then played in the Kentucky game, and now kicked off? Rick Pitino is so predictable it's hilarious.
I think that was that Agua guy. Suspended indefinitely on December 20th, then back in business eight days later for the UK game.

I wonder what happened with Behanan. He helped them a lot last year, had some big games in the tourney, but this year he wasn't even starting and looked pretty average. Honestly, all of Louisville's returnees other than Russ Smith are looking pretty mediocre.

iamblades

I think that was that Agua guy. Suspended indefinitely on December 20th, then back in business eight days later for the UK game.

I wonder what happened with Behanan. He helped them a lot last year, had some big games in the tourney, but this year he wasn't even starting and looked pretty average. Honestly, all of Louisville's returnees other than Russ Smith are looking pretty mediocre.

The rumor when he was suspended before the season was drugs. The university isn't going to (and legally can't probably) say anything about it if that is the case.

So apparently Virginia of the ACC went over to Knoxville to have a sporting game of basketball against Tennessee of the SEC. 87-52 Volunteers.

In related news, I propose we trade Virginia to the AAC and take whoever it is that's left in that woebegone conference.

enewtabie

Wife got me tickets to the UNC/Clemson game Jan 26th. Wow I haven't been in the dome since JR Reid played. I hope I don't jinx the streak.

thefro

Tom Crean is coaching one horrible game today, what's the point of not playing Vonleh because he has four fouls with three minutes left? The fuck?

He rode the bench for most of overtime too... baffles me. No TO before the last shot of regulation even though we were just standing around dribbling. Not sure why Stanford Robinson was in on offense when we were subbing defense/offense even though he can't shoot or hit FTs. Not to mention we made a ton of mental mistakes/careless turnovers. Good effort I guess, but that was a big missed opportunity to get a quality W on the road we pissed away. We're not going to hit 3s like that most nights.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
RIP Coach Orr. Guy put Iowa State basketball on the map.

Game against Northern Illinois is about to start. Let's get to 12-0 and end 2013 undefeated. :)

Crean in post game presser: "John is, and I don't say this with anything other than the greatest respect, he's one of the best coaches in the country."

Can't wait 'til we lose him to UNC, Duke, UCLA, or dare i say Kansas!

Coach K is unhappy with ND's one foot in, one foot out approach to ACC

Krzyzewski was asked by the New York Post in a Q&A what he thought about the ACC's relationship with Notre Dame, in which the Irish remain a football independent but are contractually obligated to play five games against ACC foes. The Irish joined the ACC as full members in every other sport.

Let's just say he's not a fan.

"I think you can't do something for one that you're not willing to do for all in these type of situations," Krzyzewski said. "I would never have accepted personally them coming in and not being totally in. Why don't Duke and North Carolina do something different in basketball? I mean it's not right. I'm happy that they're part of it I'm just not happy the way that they're apart of it.

"They add value but, just being old-fashioned, (if) we're playing cards, we all get five cards. That's why they were never a member of the Big Ten."

EDIT: Wisconsin is beating Northwestern 40-14 at half-time. Chris Collins my dude I hate it had to be him

thefro

EDIT: Wisconsin is beating Northwestern 40-14 at half-time. Chris Collins my dude I hate it had to be him

Anyone taking over Northwestern and converting them to a "normal offense" would have the same issue. Princeton Offense in basketball = Triple Option team in football. They seriously lack talent.

jakncoke

Banned
Not the kind of start I imagined to ACC for Pitt. Man this team going to go far down in the ACC :(

edit; terrible possession to end the half pitt

edit; 1st lead of ACC history!

edit2; lamar patterson is a beast

edit; nc st knew we had to play 2 halfs right?

edit; Its amazing to me that Vanderberg is 7'1 according to espn yet has 4.9 rebounds a game average

edit; go with the basics fuck face. get the 2 points

edit; nice true road win. if only we didnt go 13 minutes without a bucket vs cincy we'd be sitting nicer

:lol, Penn St guy sweeps the leg. No foul!

e: Egwu has bricks for hands. It's actually impressive how bad he is at catching the ball

#2 on Penn State just (open palm) smacked Kendrick Nunn in the back of the head.

Only hope of competing in basketball is to make it wrestling I guess? It's working so far, they're only down 9...

B1G REFS! Totally lose control of the game, and then act surprised when something happens. Can't wait to see what they call on this! (been about 5 minutes of huddle)

Ok, they ejected him. Reasonable.

Seth C

K prefers to play decent teams on neutral sites than bad ones on the road in the nonconference.

Duke's first road game is almost always in the ACC (unless they play on the road in the ACC-B1G Challenge)

Why not, you know, play good teams on the road in non-conference? You know that's an option right? We tried to get a home and home going with duke but your boys were too chicken shit to do it (K wanted a rotating Cameron/neutral game). Hahahahaha.

DominoKid

Why not, you know, play good teams on the road in non-conference? You know that's an option right? We tried to get a home and home going with duke but your boys were too chicken shit to do it (K wanted a rotating Cameron/neutral game). Hahahahaha.

K ain't bout that life.

Top Bottom