• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Meanwhile, Notre Dame officially became an ACC team tonight. Beat Duke Saturday, lost at home to NC State today.

Check the record books, I think teams are 4-200 all time in the games after they beat Duke against Coach K.

Fjordson

Crazy game. Two pretty legit teams I think. Thought OSU might be a bit overrated going into the game, but I think I was wrong on that one. They had a great showing.

I cannot stand the NBA so I don't watch much basketball.
Interesting. I find the NBA to be much more enjoyable on most nights. I mean don't get me wrong I love college basketball, but this sport really benefits from the higher level of play in the pros I think. No zones, better shooters, better athletes, etc. It's several levels above anything you see in college and it's been especially great these last 5-6 years I think.

Crazy game. Two pretty legit teams I think. Thought OSU might be a bit overrated going into the game, but I think I was wrong on that one. They had a great showing.

Interesting. I find the NBA to be much more enjoyable on most nights. I mean don't get me wrong I love college basketball, but this sport really benefits from the higher level of play in the pros I think. No zones, better shooters, better athletes, etc. It's several levels above anything you see in college and it's been especially great these last 5-6 years I think.

NBA usually does nothing for me. The whole concept of rotations and seeing entire lineups sitting for minutes at a time, it just doesn't work. I want to see the best players in the game all the time. Rotate people out for short spurts, but not all at the same time, and then get them back in there. Then you have the usually terrible atmospheres. The lethargic fans, the annoying PA hype guys, the canned chants and distracting music. And who can possibly care for 82 games? The players sure seem not to.

Shorten seasons, shorten games, make every play mean something, and get rid of basically all the current arena noise and replace it with anything and maybe NBA would be worth watching.

I'm usually just interested in checking up on how Duke guys are doing and when the postseason rolls around and players start to care, that's when I'll tune in a bit more.

Fjordson

NBA usually does nothing for me. The whole concept of rotations and seeing entire lineups sitting for minutes at a time, it just doesn't work. I want to see the best players in the game all the time. Rotate people out for short spurts, but not all at the same time, and then get them back in there. Then you have the usually terrible atmospheres. The lethargic fans, the annoying PA hype guys, the canned chants and distracting music. And who can possibly care for 82 games? The players sure seem not to.

Shorten seasons, shorten games, make every play mean something, and get rid of basically all the current arena noise and replace it with anything and maybe NBA would be worth watching.

I'm usually just interested in checking up on how Duke guys are doing and when the postseason rolls around and players start to care, that's when I'll tune in a bit more.
Oh I agree with some of that, there are definitely problems. You see some of the arenas on TV and they're just an awful environment. People in the crowds looking and sounding bored out of their mind. And there will never be as much parity as college basketball, nor intense rivalries like you get with some schools in college. I also can't stand how dramatic some players get with all the complaining. Lots of bitching and moaning about every little call in the NBA. But despite all that I really enjoy the actual play, these guys are just insanely good at what they do.

Especially when you consider how ugly college basketball has gotten. Literally been historically bad offensively lately. Though hopefully all the recent rule changes will fix that in the long run.

Silkworm

Mississippi State up 12-2 on UK to start....

It's just rust from the 13 day break. Definitely.

You guys caught up. Missouri seems to have some rust too (watching UF, we do too!) :-D

Edit: The UF rust might be leftover from that rusty game against Richmond :-\

DominoKid

Hey UNC...
iboUJeuU3rfqir.gif

It's weird seeing a Wisconsin team that can actually score points. I like this feeling.
They're good! Hope that Bo doesn't screw it up in March though...

I knew this was going to be a loss for my guys as soon as I saw the schedule. We'll probably make a valiant second half comeback to cut the final deficit to 10 and salvage our kenpom ranking though.

UNC losing?

*Checks Miami's ranking, sees they're not in the Top 25*

Yep, sounds about right.

Syracuse will get run out of the gym on Saturday.

lolno, Cuse will zone Carolina into missing a shitload of perimeter shots

They're good! Hope that Bo doesn't screw it up in March though...

I knew this was going to be a loss for my guys as soon as I saw the schedule. We'll probably make a valiant second half comeback to cut the final deficit to 10 and salvage our kenpom ranking though.

They are good but they enjoy their ridiculous home cooking every year and then bomb out of the tourney losing to a double digit seed because they have to play at a neutral site with refs from other conferences.

It's the same story every single year. Looking forward to the flame out this year.

They are good but they enjoy their ridiculous home cooking every year and then bomb out of the tourney losing to a double digit seed because they have to play at a neutral site with refs from other conferences.

It's the same story every single year. Looking forward to the flame out this year.
That's what usually happens, yes. But they might actually be good on their own merits this year!

We all know there was the rules emphasis on hand checking and whatnot for CBB. After a couple in-conference B1G games it's nice to see nothing's changed!

(wondering if this might backfire and all the B1G teams get upset early March due to foul trouble)

Bowser

Fuck these losers. Can we fast forward to next year? Can't wait for Berry, Pinson, and Jackson to send these scrubs to the bench.

The amount of travels UNC has gotten away with tonight is staggering. They travel clear as day every possession at least once and the refs don't call a damn thing.

Travels everywhere are down, it seems. Must be an emphasis.

But they call that travel. :jnc

Mrbob

You might be right but this is the first Badgers team I've seen where these boys can score. They have multiple players who can create their own shot. They don't need to rotate the ball for 35 seconds and hope for the best on a long jumper.

Interesting to see how long Wisconsin can keep this up. I'm loving this start though. It's the best i've ever seen in my lifetime from them. The question is can they stay undefeated until they play Ohio State.

It sucks to get see my team get destroyed like that but I don't feel how a team fares at the Kohl Center is a reflection on their quality. Wiscy is a bad matchup for us in any case. I will be interested to see how we rebound against Northwestern, my guess is we destroy them.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The amount of travels UNC has gotten away with tonight is staggering. They travel clear as day every possession at least once and the refs don't call a damn thing.

Thats called the Hansbrough Effect.

Also I'm thinking Roy retires in 2 years.

eznark

Banned
Interesting to see how long Wisconsin can keep this up. I'm loving this start though. It's the best i've ever seen in my lifetime from them. The question is can they stay undefeated until they play Ohio State.

Nigel Hayes is a huge wrinkle to the traditional Badger offense. The ability to have someone athletic in the post, even if he is short for the role, is going to be a big deal. Gives them a potentially dynamic scoring threat to loosen up the perimeter.

Also fucking DEKKER!

Does it matter? Theyll get bounced in the round of 32 anyway. its the Bo way

Nigel Hayes is a huge wrinkle to the traditional Badger offense. The ability to have someone athletic in the post, even if he is short for the role, is going to be a big deal. Gives them a potentially dynamic scoring threat to loosen up the perimeter.

Also fucking DEKKER!

Yeah i seen him in highlights. I just haven't really got a chance to watch the games outside the second half of the Florida game.

They must really be trying to make it like the pro game
z6FRlXp.gif

Cue people searching furiously for the Josh McRoberts dances across Cameron video

Kevtones

Sneaky game versus Cal tonight for Oregon...

Also Coach Altman is a fucking transfer wizard. The Ducks picked up Brandon Austin from Providence - kid's a Top 50 player recruit from 2013 and EXACTLY what Oregon needs next year. Oregon didn't even recruit him!

Top Bottom