• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Fjordson

On that note, how bad must Syracuse be?They beat the Heels by 12. They must be terrible.
Syracuse's offense has not been great at times this year. I'm nitpicking a bit since they are undefeated, but UNC held them to 35% shooting. 21% from 3. And against a bad Miami team they didnt' even score 50 and shot 36%.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Why is Duke bad? Isn't Jabari Parker really good?

He's playing out of position and getting tired. K had visions of making this years Duke team the CBB version of the Miami Heat, because they're small too and have a bunch of role players beyond LeBron, D Wade and Bosh. Only Miami (when they feel motivated) actually knows how to play small ball defense, Duke has no fucking clue. Its been apparent for months that this shit wasn't going to work, only K didn't have a plan B. If 2010 was one of K's best coaching jobs, (and I think it was) then 2014 is shaping up to be his worst, relative to the talent on the team. Not sure Duke will even make the NIT to get beat by Robert Morris.

Seth C

He's playing out of position and getting tired. K had visions of making this years Duke team the CBB version of the Miami Heat, because they're small too and have a bunch of role players beyond LeBron, D Wade and Bosh. Only Miami (when they feel motivated) actually knows how to play small ball defense, Duke has no fucking clue. Its been apparent for months that this shit wasn't going to work, only K didn't have a plan B. If 2010 was one of K's best coaching jobs, (and I think it was) then 2014 is shaping up to be his worst, relative to the talent on the team. Not sure Duke will even make the NIT to get beat by Robert Morris.

Before you can call that one Jabari needs to go down for the season to a knee injury. I doubt you want that. :)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Before you can call that one Jabari needs to go down for the season to a knee injury. I doubt you want that. :)

I don't want that for any player. Still the parallels are there. Cal got a lot of shit for that team's performance and I personally don't see how K can be immune to the same criticism. He's not, as far as I'm concerned. Pretty shitty job by him and the staff.

inm8num2

Its wiscy, theyll fuck up, they always fuck up

I don't know, this year's team is easily Bo Ryan's best. They'll lose in the round of 32 for sure, but I can't envision a scenario where they don't win the B1G.

They dodge what their most likely road losses would be by not playing @ OSU or MSU, even as we saw today anybody is beatable at home. They're going to be unbeatable at home due to the ridiculous disparity in fouls and free throws they've enjoyed at Kohl for a number of years.

Fjordson

Yeah, very surprised to see that score. I was mostly caught up in the Niners/Panthers game, but OSU was ahead every time I clicked over until like the last minute where I saw Iowa up 9. Nice win for Fran and co.

DominoKid

derrick-marks-slips.gif

Illinois makes making shots look like rocket science.

Open 3 pointers, uncontested layups, baseline jumpers... we are equal opportunity clankers.

15 point half. Good lord.

6-31 from the field. 4 FTA. Against Northwestern.

Next time one of you whiners complains about how crappy your team is I'm gonna personally mail you a turd sandwich

Considering Ekey is now 1 of 3 on dunks today i'm not even sure that statement is accurate. But hey, 33% shooting is a hell of alot better than 18%.
Ekey is very not good. Pretty sad indictment of Weber's roster that Groce had to take a transfer like that.

e: lol, after I badmouth him he nails a 3.

So the rumor is that Rayvonte Rice is nursing a leg injury (hamstring). That would explain many things, first and foremost being why he's not doing anything when he has the ball.

Servbot24

Banned
YES. So good to finally get that quality win we needed (Iowa). Was worried we would continue our frustrating trend of playing great and botching it at the last second against quality opponents.

"this is shaping up to be a good one!"

27-27 with 11 minutes left. You and I do not have the same mental image of "good", announcer guy.

jakncoke

Banned
wow Durand Johnson tore his ACL

This sucks :|

We already have enough trouble with 3..

edit; roughly 30% of our made 3 production and attempts came from him

Top Bottom