• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

DominoKid

Paige
iRsmdCrs74Eqx.png

every damn time

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
To top it off, I have an even worse feeling about Syracuse now. We should have just played the game last Wednesday.

Talon

On the grand scheme of annoying things, the overrated chant is significantly stupider than court rushing.

"You're not that good, so...wait, why are we chanting this?"

Court rush snobs incoming!

Carolina has 6 national titles. They lead the all-time series against Duke 133-104. They are North Carolina. Dean Smith played for the guy who played for the guy who invented basketball, for crying out loud. You don't storm a court after winning a game that doesn't win anything against a team you beat more often than not.

Normally I don't give a shit about rushing the court. They're college kids, they can have fun and do what the fuck they want to do.

But that's North Carolina man. When you lead the all-time series against Duke and happen to be the second most successful program in the history of college basketball, you should have higher standards than that.

Normally I don't give a shit about rushing the court. They're college kids, they can have fun and do what the fuck they want to do.

But that's North Carolina man. When you lead the all-time series against Duke and happen to be the second most successful program in the history of college basketball, you should have higher standards than that.

Pretty sure some of them rushed in 2005.

When they were ranked #2.

devilhawk

Carolina has 6 national titles. They lead the all-time series against Duke 133-104. They are North Carolina. Dean Smith played for the guy who played for the guy who invented basketball, for crying out loud. You don't storm a court after winning a game that doesn't win anything against a team you beat more often than not.
Nah, Dean played at KU for Phog Allen. Who also coached Rupp. Hence, why KU "invented" the UNC and UK programs.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
K's letting the salt out in the post game presser on the whole team apparently. He's usually pretty composed after a UNC game win or loss, save for the Hansbrough/Henderson thing.

K's letting the salt out in the post game presser on the whole team apparently. He's usually pretty composed after a UNC game win or loss, save for the Hansbrough/Henderson thing.

"I'm walking out of here frustrated, not with the loss, but with the fact that we didn't ante up the way we should." - Mike Krzyzewski

No kidding. He is piiiiissed.

jakncoke

Banned
http://img2-1.timeinc.net/people/i/2012/news/DidntHappenDontKnowWhatYoureTalkingAboutNot [/i\mg][/QUOTE]

Not employed by the uni anymore so i get to box that history away. See how easy that was. Not to mention this a basketball thread and everyone knows im a Pitt basketball fan and not only a Penn St football fan. you noob lol

Damn that was a disappointing game last night. It's one thing when the two teams are well matched and you both play well, but they just play a little bit better and get the win. There you just tip your hat and keep it moving.

It's different when everyone in the building knows you're the better team and you just shit the bed in the second half. Before the week I said I would rather lose to UNC if it meant we beat Cuse, but that one left a bad taste in my mouth. Oh well, I'm not going to play the excuses game, full credit to Roy and UNC. Roy outcoached K and their team played with considerably more fire than Duke.

As for the rushing the court, I'm back to not really caring. I don't agree with it, but I get it. They didn't expect to win that game last night. They probably expected to get blown out. When you're in such an emotionally charged climate, sometimes that emotion (and the alcohol) takes over and you forget about those many banners they have hanging in the Dean Dome. I get that. I bet those old ass baby boomers were mad as fuck though. "These damn kids! Phil Ford and James Worthy would never stand for this!"

No rest for the weary for Duke. Playing a highly motivated Syracuse squad is probably the worst game they could have drawn right now. I have a bad feeling that we may see them get blown out at home by someone not named UNC for the first time in a long long time.

Top Bottom