• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Temped to hope for a Rockets win and a Lakers loss tonight. It's for the greater good

I'm tempted to do the same, but I'm still worried about a potential first round match-up with Golden State. They're the one team in the west against who I don't think we could win a series.

rinse82

derozanHOF_medium.gif

We nearly beat them once in OKC. We played much worse when we played them at home, but we didn't have CP3. We beat them 2/3 times last year, too. They'd be tough, but I think we could beat them in 7 games. I'm not saying it would be likely, but it's feasible. Golden State just has our number this year and shoot way too well from 3 for us to hang with them for 7 games.

KingGondo

Banned
We nearly beat them once in OKC. We played much worse when we played them at home, but we didn't have CP3. We beat them 2/3 times last year, too. They'd be tough, but I think we could beat them in 7 games. I'm not saying it would be likely, but it's feasible. Golden State just has our number this year and shoot way too well from 3 for us to hang with them for 7 games.
Check our $tat$, yo.

I know you shoot well from 3 as well, which is why I still say it's unlikely that we'd beat you. Still, I think we have a decent shot if Westbrook is turnover-happy and not hitting his shots. The one oddity is the Spurs. On paper, they should be by far our worst matchup. From what I've seen, they're a great outside shooting team that doesn't turn the ball over much while our best games are ones in which we force a lot of turnovers and don't give up a lot of 3 pointers. The fact that we're 2-0 against them this year is kind of bizarre.

KingGondo

Banned
I know you shoot well from 3 as well, which is why I still say it's unlikely that we'd beat you. Still, I think we have a decent shot if Westbrook is turnover-happy and not hitting his shots. The one oddity is the Spurs. On paper, they should be by far our worst matchup. From what I've seen, they're a great outside shooting team that doesn't turn the ball over much while our best games are ones in which we force a lot of turnovers and don't give up a lot of 3 pointers. The fact that we're 2-0 against them this year is kind of bizarre.
Clips are huge underdogs against OKC or SA, period. Trust me, I hope you guys knock the Spurs out, but I just don't see it.

The scary thing is that Westbrook hasn't been in Y NOT mode much this year, and our ball movement is excellent. Combine that with our fast break ability and FT proficiency and we're damn tough to stop.

Jeff-DSA

Starting to remember why I don't watch OKC games...

Westbrook is easily top 5 annoying material. Definitely current era. Encroaching on all time.

Clips are huge underdogs against OKC or SA, period. Trust me, I hope you guys knock the Spurs out, but I just don't see it.

The scary thing is that Westbrook hasn't been in Y NOT mode much this year, and our ball movement is excellent. Combine that with our fast break ability and FT proficiency and we're damn tough to stop.

I'd give us a 30% chance of knocking off OKC, 20% chance against the Spurs, and 2% chance against Golden State.

Jeff-DSA

It's not them. It's just that every good team in the NBA is home to the most annoying players possible. Unless they get traded to the Jazz at some point.

Don't tell me that you actually think that the Clippers are not an annoying team.

Watching Westbrook is just stressful. He bull rushes your players nonstop as he jumps into them for fouls. It's garbage play. If he's not doing that, he's doing a jump pass or an ill-advised pull up jumper.

As a fan of the opposing team, I'm happy that he goes into YNOT mode, but Durant is on fire and Westbrook still thinks it's on him to take over.

I had to listen to the game on the radio. Inglis had an awesome call for that dunk. He's like, "That rim needs a doctor." LOL!

Oh yeah. Hey Reilo...how's my ass taste? PEACE
Inglis is the probably one of the most pessimistic radio announcer I've ever heard. Everytime the Heat are down he acts like its the end of the world

100% healthy Clips would beat us in 7

That's why we gotta keep dat HCA

We have yet to play a single game this season 100% healthy. Even in the one game against Miami with a full roster, half of our players were either still nursing injuries or very rusty.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
how long is chinese new year?

they've ben wearing those warm ups since Friday

jjasper

I'd give us a 30% chance of knocking off OKC, 20% chance against the Spurs, and 2% chance against Golden State.
Tank to the four seed. I give us about a 5% chance to beat Denver in a series (although I guess it could go up with the new look) and about a 90% chance against Golden State.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
We have yet to play a single game this season 100% healthy. Even in the one game against Miami with a full roster, half of our players were either still nursing injuries or very rusty.

you beat us 2 times already in convincing fashion...once when were weren't gimped

Jeff-DSA

And call me crazy, but even when OKC is playing against the Jazz, I'd like to see Durant not get denied by that dumb crap "PG" of his.

Top Bottom