• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The third leading scorer on the Wizards in 2002 was someone named Chris Whitney. Fourth was someone named Courtney Alexander.

But please, tell me why Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, and Pau Gasol suck.

The third leading scorer on the Wizards in 2002 was someone named Chris Whitney. Fourth was someone named Courtney Alexander.

But please, tell me why Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, and Pau Gasol suck.

Please tell me why you are pretending they have all been in the line-up the whole year.

Blake, Hill, Nash and Howard have all been tagging in and out of the line-up all year long.

Not making excuses at all either--it is what it is.

My point is, Jeffrey should have catwalked into an 8th seed in that shitty ass conference.

He makes players better, remember?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I've seen the Blazers win 45-50 games without their starters playing more than 20 games together and Juwan Howard and Jeff Pendergraph playing center. Try again.

I've seen the Blazers win 45-50 games without their starters playing more than 20 games together and Juwan Howard and Jeff Pendergraph playing center. Try again.

Great point!

So why did Jeffrey fail to make his teammates better and get to the playoffs?

He failed both years!

Even Kobe dragged Kwamers to the playoffs...

Why isn't Kobe?

Well, according to most here, that is easy to answer. Kobe isn't as good as Jeffrey but I can bet he won't miss the playoffs two straight years in a division as shitty as those 2002 and 2003 ones.

Jeffrey won 37 games in 2002.

Jeffrey won 37 games in 2003.

I'm sure that shitty ass Kobe, in his 17th NBA season, will manage to win more than 37 games this year, even if he misses the playoffs.

Jeffrey basically xeroxed the same season, all while failing to make his teammates better.

Well, according to most here, that is easy to answer. Kobe isn't as good as Jeffrey but I can bet he won't miss the playoffs two straight years in a division as shitty as those 2002 and 2003 ones.

Jeffrey won 37 games in 2002.

Jeffrey won 37 games in 2003.

I'm sure that shitty ass Kobe, in his 17th NBA season, will manage to win more than 37 games this year, even if he misses the playoffs.

Jeffrey basically xeroxed the same season, all while failing to make his teammates better.
Wasn't MJ 40 years old though?

DominoKid

iosBnsuXf4sj1.jpg

why not?

Wasn't MJ 40 years old though?

Didn't Jeffrey play college ball, bypassing the NBA 82 game schedule where Kobe didn't?

Didn't Jeffrey take 2 seasons off of the grueling basketball wear and tear on the body? (minor league baseball isn't the same either)

Did Jeffrey make it to 17 years in the league? For that matter, the fans didn't even bother voting Jeffrey into the ASG in his FINAL FUCKING SEASON!

Jeffrey has no real excuse, especially when he was still averaging 22 PPG. He simply failed to make his teammates better.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Refute anything I said as a non-fact.

Easy to say it's a troll.

Quote one thing I said that isn't true.
I'll add my own barbs to another argument. Derrick Rose has been more detrimental to the Bulls' playoff success the past 3 year than Boozer, but no one throws any blame on Rose.

Refute anything I said as a non-fact.

Easy to say it's a troll.

Quote one thing I said that isn't true.
I don't see how anything you said makes MJ look worse. He took two years off because there was no competition? He didn't play as many games(or seasons) as kobe and won more chips? he managed to score 22 PPG at 40 years of age? oh and he didn't make the all star game, big whoop.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/mia...at-says-unfair-judge-players-based-titles-won

"(Jordan) said he would take Kobe over me because ... five rings are better than one, and the last time he checked, five is better than one," James said. "At the end of the day, rings don't always define someone's career. If that's the case, then I'd sit up here and say I would take (Bill) Russell over Jordan. But I wouldn't. I wouldn't take Russell over Jordan. Russell has 11 rings, Jordan has six. I wouldn't do that."

"Jud Buechler has multiple rings. Charles Barkley doesn't have one ring. He's not better than Charles Barkley," James said of Buechler, who won titles alongside Jordan with the Bulls in the late 1990s. "Patrick Ewing is one of the greatest of all time. Reggie Miller is one of the greatest of all time. Sometimes, it's the situation you're in, the team you're (on) and the timing as well."

I just love that he dropped Jed Buechler in the conversation, that's the first scrub I always think about on those Bulls teams

I don't see how anything you said makes MJ look worse. He took two years off because there was no competition?

Is that why he left?

haha...how old are you?

He didn't play as many games(or seasons) as kobe and won more chips?

Point of the seasons played getting mentioned is to say that, when you factor in his "break" and the frontloaded college season (that was way less wear and tear on the body compared to Kobe) you can't use that as an excuse for missing the playoffs two straight years in a shitty East. Either Jeffrey makes teammates better or he doesn't. Can't have it both ways.

he managed to score 22 PPG at 40 years of age?

38 and 39 but again with a break in between. He didn't play straight through to 40.

oh and he didn't make the all star game, big whoop.

THE FANS DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM.

They voted in Vince, AI and T-Mac over him. In his last fucking year.

Even the HIV positive Magic got voted in by the fans for his last game.

Vestal

Who the hell dresses these clowns?!?! Do they know they look absolutely ridiculous? Its like some Fashion guy say hey lets play a continuous joke on Westbrook.

Wish I could see him in person just to tell him, you might be making mad money but you look like a LOSER.

Is that why he left?

haha...how old are you?

Point of the seasons played getting mentioned is to say that, when you factor in his "break" and the frontloaded college season (that was way less wear and tear on the body compared to Kobe) you can't use that as an excuse for missing the playoffs two straight years in a shitty East. Either Jeffrey makes teammates better or he doesn't. Can't have it both ways.

38 and 39 but again with a break in between. He didn't play straight through to 40.

THE FANS DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM.

They voted in Vince, AI and T-Mac over him. In his last fucking year.

Even the HIV positive Magic got voted in by the fans for his last game.
I don't think any of that is worse than Kobe being unable to get to the playoffs with a team with Nash and Dwight despite the injuries.

edit: what are you guys watching, NBATV?

nvm, ESPN

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Stu needs to go away. He used to be great but... fuck it

send his ass to china

Top Bottom