• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Simply because he never actually acknowledged his own hidden premise required to reach that conclusion, doesn't mean that because I pointed it out, I created a straw man.

Explain to me how you can conclude that Player A is more clutch than Player B because they rank higher in FG% in the final five minutes without that hidden premise? That statistic isn't measuring clutchness, it's measuring FG% in the last 5 minutes which you are then arbitrarily DEFINING as clutchness, hence your hidden premise.

Nice try motherfucker.

-snaps phone in half-

Larry Sanders might go second overall in a 2010 redraft, lol.

Higher volume referring to the fact that he's a bigger part of the Jazz's offense in the last few minutes and he gets more touches than in the other parts of the game.

I didn't argue that he was amazing either, just that he has a high skill level that translates to being able to volume score pretty effectively at the end of games and that gets praised hugely everywhere else regardless if it should (since there are good arguments to be made that clutch doesn't exist much if at all or if matters that much when other areas are lacking). He probably will never be on a serious contender because of his terrible defense so you can still argue he's in general an empty stats guy, but I think his touch, hands, and footwork are pretty special.

Whatever.

He is not a bigger part than Lebron in the clutch. There is no statistical measure to back this up and just watching the games make this obvious.

Where did this Jefferson more clutch than Lebron this year come from?

Vahagn

Nice try motherfucker.

-snaps phone in half-

Lol!

The truth is, and the reason I painstakingly point this out. Is because people lazily reach all sorts of conclusions derived from stats and think that their conclusions can't possibly be tested because they're using statistics. In reality the arguments are usually filled with tons of faulty hidden premises that lead to lazy and wrong conclusions.

I don't know what's going on, but I do know the Rockets are gonna unleash the Ivory Towers tonight!

UowGiY6.jpg

Vahagn

Higher volume referring to the fact that he's a bigger part of the Jazz's offense in the last few minutes and he gets more touches than in the other parts of the game.

I didn't argue that he was amazing either, just that he has a high skill level that translates to being able to volume score pretty effectively at the end of games and that gets praised hugely everywhere else regardless if it should (since there are good arguments to be made that clutch doesn't exist much if at all or if matters that much when other areas are lacking). He probably will never be on a serious contender because of his terrible defense so you can still argue he's in general an empty stats guy, but I think his touch, hands, and footwork are pretty special.

Whatever.

I more or less agree with all this. Al Jefferson has always had good touch, decent hands, and a combination of post moves and a mid range jumper that most Centers don't have in today's NBA. He's a very skilled low post offensive player.

He is not a bigger part than Lebron in the clutch. There is no statistical measure to back this up and just watching the games make this obvious.

Where did this Jefferson more clutch than Lebron this year come from?

Where am I arguing that he's more clutch than LeBron or shoots more than LeBron? I'm saying he's a bigger part of the offense for the Jazz in the last five minutes than he is for the Jazz in the first 43 minutes and that leads to him having high scoring totals in the last few minutes that would lead to the perception of him being clutch for those who watch the Jazz frequently (whether or not you believe in it).

edit: why is there a civil war between vag and moris.

i dare you to name one thread where laker-age werent arguing with each other.

i'd like to add my hat to the ring.
STeam is a cocksucker and ryutaro tries way too hard with his bolded nicknames.
vag is a bumbling idiot that runs around with its head cut off.
and morris still feels he has to make jokes to fit it.
and oh, steam has a small penis.
there i said it.
come at me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Who needs Patterson....

DMOoooooooo

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
sick lin to Parsons

Jason Kidd is simply too good at hitting 3s over his career to just suddenly not be able to hit anymore.

Keep shooting it, Kidd.

Also, Shumpert is looking more spry tonight...wish he could shoot, though.

Matrix

Fucking love watching this team and they look better with Dmo haha

Top Bottom