• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Picked a hell of a day to travel on business. Watched the first quarter on the plane and had no idea Steph would cut lose.

Pretty good result considering Lee was out, let alone Bogut

Awesome game by Curry last night...that said the game still was ultimately unsatisfying to watch. Defensively, outside of the first quarter, for the most part it was an admirable effort by the W's given no Lee nor Bogut. That said...Barnes and Thompson ...SMH..Barnes is a rook so he gets a pass for the time being (probably hitting the rookie wall) but Klay is so goddamn unclutch for a shooter. 0-6 last night at the 3 and 3-13 overall. With all the double teams Curry was getting at the end, you would think that Klay could've made them pay...but nope...he decides to put up a brick wall..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Has anyone elbow passed in a game lately?

Oh the memories. How has there not been another Jason Williams to come along?

Only time I saw the elbow pass happen was in the rookie/sophomore game when Nick Collison caught one in the face on a 3 on 2 break. Was still awesome.

but Klay is so goddamn unclutch for a shooter

Ooh careful how you use that "c"-word around here. We don't need yesterday to happen again. :)

Oh the memories. How has there not been another Jason Williams to come along?

Only time I saw the elbow pass happen was in the rookie/sophomore game when Nick Collison caught one in the face on a 3 on 2 break. Was still awesome.

Ricky Rubio is the closest thing we got. I can't imagine Rubio pulling up for wild transition 3's...Of course the look on Adelman's face should he decide to do that would be priceless...

Ooh careful how you use that "c"-word around here. We don't need yesterday to happen again. :)

What happened yesterday? I don't think there's much of a debate on how un-clutch Klay is..

ESPN's lottery mock draft is up:

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2013/mockdraft

Chad Ford apparently thinks the Magic have Marcus Smart as the top player in the draft which Blaster will be happy with. Not sure why he thinks the Hornets love Len considering that Davis-Ryno is going to be a great frontcourt and their wings mostly suck (and considering that Len isn't particularly good...). Does he think that Davis can't bulk up to Larry Sanders' size or something? You don't have to be that big to play center anymore.

Jeff-DSA

Chad Ford apparently thinks the Magic have Marcus Smart as the top player in the draft which Blaster will be happy with. Not sure why he thinks the Hornets love Len considering that Davis-Ryno is going to be a great frontcourt and their wings mostly suck (and considering that Len isn't particularly good...). Does he think that Davis can't bulk up to Larry Sanders' size or something? You don't have to be that big to play center anymore.

The whole thing is bunk, because they have the Bobcats picking #1 when you know they'll end up #3.

Edit: Ok, got it. Bobcats at #3 just like it should be.

fuck i almost don't wanna get the 1st pick this year

oh well, Jabari Parker or Julius Randle is still a nice consolation for not getting Wiggins

edit: goddamit, the magic keep winning

lulz i just did the mock lotto about 10 times

bobcats didn't win once

lol, at least it's accurate. Orlando #1, Charlotte #2 just like old times. There's no clear cut top player this year though, so I won't be that mad if we don't get it.

edit: i was furious last year though, I freaking loathe the Hornets..CP3 AND Davis? FU they should have played in Charlotte.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ricky Rubio is the closest thing we got. I can't imagine Rubio pulling up for wild transition 3's...Of course the look on Adelman's face should he decide to do that would be priceless.

It would be. Just checking but you knew that Alderman coached those Kings team right? It was Hubie Brown in Memphis that pulled The reigns in on Jwill.

It would be. Just checking but you knew that Alderman coached those Kings team right? It was Hubie Brown in Memphis that pulled The reigns in on Jwill.

Yeah that's why I brought up Adelman in the first place...I remember reading an interview about how Adelman despite letting Williams do what he did would quietly cringe every time Williams pulled his bullshit 3 or threw a no look pass to no one..

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Did about 10 mock drafts:

8 mocks have OKC (raps pick) drafting at #10
1 mock had OKC drafting at #11
1 mock had the Raptors retaining their pick and selecting first in the draft.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
First lotto I did has the Wolves picking Ben McLemore #1 overall with the Bobcats picking fourth

If McLemore measures out with a 6'9 wingspan I'm ok with taking him number one. If it's in the 6'7 territory I'll have to say no, he doesn't have the handle to create his own offense. If his arms are short too he's going to struggle to score in the NBA.

Edit: the combine and the tournament are going to decide who I like best though.

Peter Vecsey @PeterVecsey1 about 1 hour ago
Since Corbin fingered Tinsley (sole benching) 4 Jazz problems, Watson & Burks have assembled 7 assists & 6 turnovers (2-10 v Atl); 2 hm Ls
Peter Vecsey @PeterVecsey1 about 1 hour ago
Ty very lucky 2 escape losses w Tinsley bolted 2 at crunch time. It escapes him this is time of year u can't beat teams that know how 2 win

Coach Nick's video today is pretty neat, he looks at scorers who pad their stats against the crap defenses in the league and are considerably worse against good defenses

Jrue, Kyrie and Curry do it the most

sry Knux

Coach Nick's video today is pretty neat, he looks at scorers who pad their stats against the crap defenses in the league and are considerably worse against good defenses

Jrue, Kyrie and Curry do it the most

sry Knux

Havent't seen the vide btu Jrue is rather easy to stop.

Just trap him and laugh at our other players fail to score.

Jrue also settles for a fuck ton of jumpers...most good defensive teams can keep him out of the lane and due to the shittiness of the rest of the team he forces shots.

Kryrie probably has the same issue too except he has more swag to overcome it than Jrue.

Post a link, so I can watch it when I get home...sounds interesting

Good lord, this year's draft class looks shitty as fuck.

I don't think this draft is 06 or 2010 level of bad

Smart, Oladipo, Porter and Noel all look like guys who could eventually be good in the NBA. Shabazz will likely be a Kevin Martin facsimile, 20 ppg guy who doesn't do anything else and is a net zero overall. Zeller, Len and Bennett are wildcards, IWMTB doesn't like Len or Bennett.

Havent't seen the vide btu Jrue is rather easy to stop.

Just trap him and laugh at our other players fail to score.

Jrue also settles for a fuck ton of jumpers...most good defensive teams can keep him out of the lane and due to the shittiness of the rest of the team he forces shots.

Kryrie probably has the same issue too except he has more swag to overcome it than Jrue.

Post a link, so I can watch it when I get home...sounds interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMXI-Abkp4g

How the fuck do I keep seeing Alex Len in the top 5 with this shitty Chad Ford Mock draft shit?

Also--I'm in burn it all down mode. I want to trade the whole team other than Beal this summer. Fuck it.

With all the picks and shit we'd get we could end up with some ridiculous shit like a core of Beal, Wiggins, and Nerlens in just two off-seasons.

But we are going to consider extending Okafor.

Fuck life.

DY_nasty

How the fuck do I keep seeing Alex Len in the top 5 with this shitty Chad Ford Mock draft shit?

Also--I'm in burn it all down mode. I want to trade the whole team other than Beal this summer. Fuck it.

With all the picks and shit we'd get we could end up with some ridiculous shit like a core of Beal, Wiggins, and Nerlens in just two off-seasons.

But we are going to consider extending Okafor.

Fuck life.
lol u change your opinion every 3 days

lol u change your opinion every 3 days

Embracing the tank can be hard sometimes.

I was always ready to commit to winning so long as my belief in Wall continued on, but this week has been the first time we've started winning games in spite of him, and once you realize you have cracks in your foundation there's nothing you can do but blow it up.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If McLemore measures out with a 6'9 wingspan I'm ok with taking him number one. If it's in the 6'7 territory I'll have to say no, he doesn't have the handle to create his own offense. If his arms are short too he's going to struggle to score in the NBA.

Edit: the combine and the tournament are going to decide who I like best though.

Can't say having 2 inches of wingspan should make you a first pick or not

DY_nasty

What's the difference between Beal and Mclemore?

Beal is smarter, believes in taking smart shots (meaning he'd rather pass the ball off to let someone else get a better scoring opportunity from the defense instead of passing simply because he can't create or dribble), stronger, probably faster.

Top Bottom