• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Lol, there's zero way I want a 6'7 PF as my 1st round pick this year. He's an extremely poor mans Derrick Williams. D-Will had one of the best runs I've seen for a "tweener", and while he's still developing, he's been bad at the next level. Bennett is just going to be a bench guy.

And we don't need more guys that can just defend. We have Ariza and Singleton for that and our D is pretty good this year already.

And we're definitely not drafting Mclemore as the Wall/Beal backcourt is set and Ben can't play SF.

We don't exactly need Noel, but we'll draft him to sell tickets and give this team more of an identity, but otherwise we want Bazz.

As for the Cats I think you'll be okay if you miss on Bazz/Noel, only because not adding wins next season is what you want anyway to get Wiggins.

but nori chan said

We aren't getting Wiggins, we're not that lucky. We are due a number one pick though so it's this year or not at all as far as I'm concerned.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
National Basketball Players Association executive director Billy Hunter and union general counsel Gary Hall failed to get proper player representative approval for a five-year, $15 million contract extension for Hunter in 2010, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

The possible violation of the NBPA's constitution raises questions about the legitimacy of Hunter's contract and his future as executive director.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--s...-leader-s--15-million-contract-171108098.html

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Even people with basketball talent!

They need to bring back the '90s graphics-heavy uniforms as throwbacks. Awesome all around.

God yes! I'd love to see the purples again.

I don't know where it is but I'm sure I have an Alvin Williams purple jersey.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What's the big deal about Te'o's fake girlfriend? Taj Gibson has had a fake girlfriend for years, and everybody knows it. Where's his coverage?

reilo

What's the big deal about Te'o's fake girlfriend? Taj Gibson has had a fake girlfriend for years, and everybody knows it. Where's his coverage?

Taj Gibson wasn't a Heisman runner-up nor did the media use that story to make money off of him.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Taj Gibson wasn't a Heisman runner-up nor did the media use that story to make money off of him.
Poor Taj. He never faked his fake girlfriend's death. The most he ever did was say, "Hey Carlos. My 'girlfriend' is sick. You mind writing her a get well not for me?"

h3ro

Holy Fuck

lyqKZl.jpg

No, but the first round picks of the first 4 years were god tier. How did they fuck it up?

Damon Stoudamire
Marcus Camby
T-Mac
Vince

Mighty Mouse wanted out. Management wanted vets and got Oakley for Marcus.

I still don't know why Stoudamire wanted to fuck his career up so bad. The change of scenery ended him.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
No, but the first round picks of the first 4 years were god tier. How did they fuck it up?

Damon Stoudamire
Marcus Camby
T-Mac
Vince

T-Mac and Vince makes me the saddest out of all of those. Some great things could have happened if T-Mac decided to stay.

Stoudamire at least admits he fucked up and should have never asked to be traded.

reilo

I never knew Stoudamire's rookie season was so good..

he was like super Damian Lillard.

Damon Lillard.. Damian Stoudamire?

It took you three months to come up with this after your Ronnie Price joke fell flat? Damn dude.

reilo

Kyrie is so good. Watching that in person was just smh one after another. He's like Richard from Boardwalk Empire with that mask. Just ice cold.

That would be pretty good for Shumpert, if that is what you are talking about.
I'm happy that as the season went on, you saw him start to get it and improve his shooting. His finishing was still crap but you'd think he gets better at that, and he's a good young perimeter defender. Oh and this nugget:

Iman's rookie campaign probably wouldn't seems out of the ordinary...unless you've followed the Knicks these past 12 years or so. The Knicks don't usually get big contributions from rookies, because their front office policy for the past decade has been to include draft picks in every dumb trade imaginable (and they were almost all dumb). They gave away picks for old guys, fat guys, injured guys...you name it. In doing so, they created the bizarre, hopeless experience that is all younger Knick fans have ever known.

Fans have two reasons to root for a team: either they're competing for a playoff spot, or they're playing for the hope of developing young players into a future playoff team. When your team is losing, it's fun to watch your team play some of rookies, watch them develop, track their progress, and dream about next summer's draft.

For a team as bad as the Knicks had been last decade, their fans got very little of that experience. Try to guess how many Knicks rookies qualified for the leaderboard in terms of minutes played per game from 2000 through last season...four players: Trevor Ariza ('04-'05), Nate Robinson ('05-'06), Landry Fields ('10-'11) and Shumpert. That's the same number as the Lakers and two fewer than the Spurs - two perennial contenders who had legitimate reasons to avoid playing rookies. The Bulls have had 15 such rookies in that time. Is it any wonder Knicks fans fell so hard for Shump?

Top Bottom