• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

reading it now, the Deadspin story. sounds like a whole lot of media people got hoodwinked cause they was lazy about research and wanted the ratings grab from an emotional story. No disrespect to Deadspin, but theyre the one to come out with the scoop on this? Deadspin?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Deadspin has done really good work before, too. Off the top of my head, I remember them breaking the Brett Favre story a couple years back.

Canuck76

Banned
reading it now, the Deadspin story. sounds like a whole lot of media people got hoodwinked cause they was lazy about research and wanted the ratings grab from an emotional story. No disrespect to Deadspin, but theyre the one to come out with the scoop on this? Deadspin?

Wow just reading this.

This is crazy......

Not going to blame Wall for a loss when he had 14, 10, 3 and 3 in 26 minutes...dude just wasn't in rhythm to knock down those free throws.

And what the fuck is it going to take for Beal to crack 30 this season? Christ, with the work dude is putting in behind the 3pt line and his stat line in this game..wtf? 6 of 7 threes, plays 40 minutes, shoot more plz.

I'm glad Mclemore looks good...we're just a player away from being in a position to make a splash between the draft and grabbing someone in 2014 FA.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Apparently ESPN knew about this ten days ago.

Emwitus

So my ps3 just YLODed a couple of minutes ago :((((

Out of nowhere man. I rarely use it to play video games or movies(last Full game played Uncharted3). I was watching hulu and the unit just switched off. Feels awful man.

rip.

2007-2013

SamuraiX-

And what the fuck is it going to take for Beal to crack 30 this season? Christ, with the work dude is putting in behind the 3pt line and his stat line in this game..wtf? 6 of 7 threes, plays 40 minutes, shoot more plz.

lol

Did Beal shit in your cereal or something? Tell your coach to stop letting Kevin Seraphin rob the team of 20 shots a night.

Also, tell Ariza, Price, and Webster to stop shooting altogether.

Beal's never dropping 30 until he can get to the line more than three times a game.

The last player to score as much as Shabazz under Ben Howland's "fuck your stats" system was Kevin Love. That includes Westbrook and Holliday, so I like his chances to succeed in the NBA.

There's this guy in okc whose already won three scoring titles
Edit: he'll probably keep the 20k/5k title. My bad. But kd will take scoring for while.

no chance. KD entered the league a year older and would have to make up a whole year and he isn't even on pace when you count by season.

The last player to score as much as Shabazz under Ben Howland's "fuck your stats" system was Kevin Love. That includes Westbrook and Holliday, so I like his chances to succeed in the NBA.

At least the Cats are a year away from Wiggins.

This is the Wiz's last hope of getting a good player in the draft and then it's a treadmill ride until 2014 FA.

At least the Cats are a year away from Wiggins.

This is the Wiz's last hope of getting a good player in the draft and then it's a treadmill ride until 2014 FA.

I think Poythress or Bennett would be better fits for your team than Shabazz. Poythress is a long, athletic wing defender that could free up Wall and Beal to expend more energy on offense. Bennett is the best scorer other than Shabazz and he has the size to guard 3s and 4s.

As for us it's Noel/Shabazz or bust. We need someone with scoring swag and a competent big than can catch balls thrown to him in the post and defend. Shabazz and Noel bring that exactly, no one else fits our needs nearly as well and thankfully they just so happen to be the top 2 ranked players in their class.

I think Poythress or Bennett would be better fits for your team than Shabazz. Poythress is a long, athletic wing defender that could free up Wall and Beal to expend more energy on offense. Bennett is the best scorer other than Shabazz and he has the size to guard 3s and 4s.

As for us it's Noel/Shabazz or bust. We need someone with scoring swag and a competent big than can catch balls thrown to him in the post and defend. Shabazz and Noel bring that exactly, no one else fits our needs nearly as well and thankfully they just so happen to be the top 2 ranked players in their class.

Lol, there's zero way I want a 6'7 PF as my 1st round pick this year. He's an extremely poor mans Derrick Williams. D-Will had one of the best runs I've seen for a "tweener", and while he's still developing, he's been bad at the next level. Bennett is just going to be a bench guy.

And we don't need more guys that can just defend. We have Ariza and Singleton for that and our D is pretty good this year already.

And we're definitely not drafting Mclemore as the Wall/Beal backcourt is set and Ben can't play SF.

We don't exactly need Noel, but we'll draft him to sell tickets and give this team more of an identity, but otherwise we want Bazz.

As for the Cats I think you'll be okay if you miss on Bazz/Noel, only because not adding wins next season is what you want anyway to get Wiggins.

Curry Out Indefinitely With Sprained Ankle

FML...Thought it'd be 1 or 2 games...not indefinitely...

but nori chan said

LONDON -- Iman Shumpert has been cleared to make his season debut for the Knicks today against the Detroit Pistons in London.

Knicks coach Mike Woodson will speak to team doctors before finalizing his rotation for the game but hinted that he will insert the second-year pro into his starting lineup at shooting guard along side Jason Kidd.

But he plans to manage the minutes of Shumpert who is returning after seven months out following an ACL injury.

“We’ll probably play him in 3-4 minute spans. That’s about it,” said Woodson at the Knicks shootaround Thursday morning at The 02 Arena. “But three, four minutes is significant in terms of winning games.”

That, he said, would point to a starting five of Kidd, Shumpert, Chris Copeland, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler, who has recovered from illness.
Shump minutes limit is reported at 15 minutes, so Knicks plan to put JR in at the 7-8 minute mark.

Top Bottom