• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kenny's bullet points for all star consideration might be dumber than anything Chuck has said on this show.
They're inconsistent and don't even fit together. Sometimes, Kenny just over thinks things without actually thinking things through.

And I actually agree with LeBron. If we're going to have KG starting while Lopez doesn't even make the team, then fuck it, expand the roster to 15 people.

thekad

Banned
CP3/Parker
Kobe/Harden
Durant/Iggy
Griffin/Duncan
Dwight/M. Gasol

Curry/Westbrook
Manu/Gordon
AK47/Batum
Lee/Zbo
Asik/LMA

Yup, Eastern Conference all-stars are pretty evenly matched with the West's JV team when you remove Lebron.

jjasper

Different conferences

Vasquez will make some all-star games in the future though (great job by Lionel Hollins running him out Memphis. He can motivate, but man, he is so dumb)

I still don't understand how you can see how he played in the playoffs, then see Jeremy Pargo in 2 perseason games and somehow think getting rid of Vasquez is a good idea. At least Pondexter is a decent enough player so it wasn't like Hollins forced him out for nothing like Lowry, Mayo, etc.

The only way competition in the East will improve is if some of the tanking teams like us, Cleveland, Washington, and Detroit turn the corner like OKC, Memphis, and the Clippers did.

the Blazers too, but bad luck destroyed their tank

Bropez has been great this year, but his minute count is really low compared to other candidates so I don't think he's that big of a snub.

Probably should have gotten in based on merit over Chandler this year, but Chandler deserved to get a spot once.

This makes it a bigger snub given that he is producing per 36 numbers that are far better than Noah, Bosh, or Garnett.

It speaks to Bropez's efficiency this year.

By per-minute stats:

Lopez- 29.4 Minutes a game, 18.5 PTS, 7.4 REBS, 52% FG, 2.1 BLKS
Bosh- 33.4 Minutes a game, 17.5 PTS, 7.1 REBS, 55% FG, 1.4 BLKS
Noah- 38.2 Minutes a game, 12.2 PTS, 10.7 REBS, 46% FG, 2.1 BLKS
Chandler- 32.9 Minutes a game, 12.2 PTS, 11.0 REBS, 67% FG, 1.0 BLKS
Griffin- 32.2 Minutes a game, 18.3 PTS, 8.6 REBS, 53% FG, 0.7 BLKS

I can see cleveland being just one or 2 pieces away from being pretty good

Cleveland has the best player of all of them, but I don't like the rest of their roster that much. Detroit and Washington are a lot closer to turning the corner. Detroit needs better wings and Washington needs better depth and time to gel.

PBY

Banned
Cleveland has the best player of all of them, but I don't like the rest of their roster that much. Detroit and Washington are a lot closer to turning the corner. Detroit needs better wings and Washington needs better depth and time to gel.
Healthy varejao is surprisingly alright. The rest are scrubalicious tho- I saw them play against the nets this year, it was like who are these fucking people. I refuse to believe there aren't d leaguers who could make the cavs roster right now.

I think the Cavs probably make the playoffs next year if Andy V can stay healthy and if Waiters becomes a good player.

Third year for PGs generally has a pretty big leap so maybe Kyrie can develop some court vision next year (which would make the team's offense a lot better)

Hearing Celts, even before season-worst 7-for-32 shooting from 15+ feet in NYK loss, have ramped up their interest in Magic's J.J. Redick

I'm not sure that offering Courtney Lee for Redick over and over again is really ramping up interest.

Healthy varejao is surprisingly alright. The rest are scrubalicious tho- I saw them play against the nets this year, it was like who are these fucking people. I refuse to believe there aren't d leaguers who could make the cavs roster right now.

They got a bit better with the Memphis trade, but I think only Speights will end up sticking around.

Edit: I'd be floored if the Cavs make the playoffs next year.

Our roster is even worse than the Cavs roster though. Our backcourt is better, but our bigs are so laughably bad they cancel that out. Biyombo, Mullens, Tyrus, and Warrick are all really lucky to be getting minutes in the nba to be honest. Biyombo should have gone to college or stayed in Europe for a few more years. Mullens is talented, but he's too stupid to be a starter in this league. Everyone else just plain sucks.

How the fuck does Iggy keep using Jedi Mind Tricks to make people believe he's a good players. Below average per (14!!), shitty shooting percentages and it's not like his defense is amazing.

ohNOitsRO

I'm not sure that offering Courtney Lee for Redick over and over again is really ramping up interest.

Redick is like the cloning experiment that went wrong.. It's like Ray Allen's genes got scrambled and his clone came out white, with no swag, with slower legs, similar stroke, and worse defense

maybe the east can beat the west this year. Last year was pretty exciting when Lebron took over the game and hit like 4 long threes in a row, wade fucked it up when he missed a free throw and dwill missed the game tying three. KD will probably beat Wilt's all star scoring record though.

masud

Banned
piercestruggleface.0_standard_709.0.gif

So good.

I still hate his face.

Are the Lakers playing the Celtics tonight?! I hope so because regardless of what happens one fanbase is going to melt down in fantastic fashion. Please say it's happening because the timing could not be better.

Edit: damn it's the Jazz, it would have been too perfect I guess

Are the Lakers playing the Celtics tonight?! I hope so because regardless of what happens one fanbase is going to melt down in fantastic fashion. Please say it's happening because the timing could not be better.

Edit: damn it's the Jazz, it would have been too perfect I guess

Celtics are going to make the playoffs anyway. There's not much doubt. Which is fine, because that's probably the worst 1st round opponent possible for the Heat.

The 76ers have been pretty terrible without Iggy though. Gone from 3rd in the NBA in defense to 19th.

It doesn't help that we replaced him with guys who can't guard a chair.

Nick Young is the best defender out of all of our new wings... Let that shit sink in.

Also despite Brand being a corpse he was a solid post defender... Lavoy got paaaaid. Hawes is free. Thad is small.

Jrue might be the only defender in the team and he doesn't try all the time.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
How are the Raptors still within 5 games of a playoff spot?

Just imagine if we started the season without Bargnani, we could be in the sweet, sweet 7th spot already.

Once he returns and we trade Calderon, we'll win no games the rest of the season. Literally.

Top Bottom