• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Kobe is so methodical and surgical right now. I fell in love all over again. Where was this years ago though? Better late than never I guess!

Jamison!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Kobe not looking to shoot as his first option changed the whole dynamic of the team. To think he could have always played like that...

Darkman M

Kobe not looking to shoot as his first option changed the whole dynamic of the team. To think he could have always played like that...
Look man, the man won 5 chips doing what he does, obviously with this current team he needs to adjust and has done so.

Vahagn

Do you know what a probability is?

Sure.

But, you're using it as an excuse. Oh the prediction I made was wrong? Don't blame it on methodology, but on probability.

I'm not saying Hollinger is crazy for calling the Lakers champions in 2008 (which he did before the finals) because they made the finals. That's a close mistake.

When you claim the Jazz are contenders in a season that they get swept in the first round...you were way off. When you make mistake after mistake after mistake on it, then your methodology is off.

Remember, before last season, 90% of NBA people without any methodology picked Heat/Thunder finals. In the NBA you don't need methodology to pick likely champions most of the time. Best of 7 format almost guarantees that the best team wins.

But Hollinger makes crazy predictions, backs it up with his methodology, and then wants his claims forgiven.

Remember "Nuggets will have the second seed in the West" prediction at the beginning of last season? They finished 7th. That's not probability, that's being stupid. And his reason for that idea was "they had one of the best point differentials after the Melo trade last year"

Kobe stole Nash's assist ability and Pau stole Dwight's FT ability.

It's like that gift exchange you play at Christmas time when people steal your gift and shit.

Mamba, you change your mind and start believing the hype?

I'm still riding with the "we ain't making the playoffs" train.

Sure.

But, you're using it as an excuse. Oh the prediction I made was wrong? Don't blame it on methodology, but on probability.

I'm not saying Hollinger is crazy for calling the Lakers champions in 2008 (which he did before the finals) because they made the finals. That's a close mistake.

When you claim the Jazz are contenders in a season that they get swept in the first round...you were way off. When you make mistake after mistake after mistake on it, then your methodology is off.

Remember, before last season, 90% of NBA people without any methodology picked Heat/Thunder finals. In the NBA you don't need methodology to pick likely champions most of the time. Best of 7 format almost guarantees that the best team wins.

But Hollinger makes crazy predictions, backs it up with his methodology, and then wants his claims forgiven.

Remember "Nuggets will have the second seed in the West" prediction at the beginning of last season? They finished 7th. That's not probability, that's being stupid. And his reason for that idea was "they had one of the best point differentials after the Melo trade last year"
They finished sixth, Broseph.

It's like that gift exchange you play at Christmas time when people steal your gift and shit.

Mamba, you change your mind and start believing the hype?

I'm still riding with the "we ain't making the playoffs" train.
Nope as far as contender goes. They may make the playoffs. Their schedule is easy now so if it happens it happens the next 28 games.

...Hollinger also predicted the Heat beating the Thunder in the Finals before the season, Vag. I'm not sure what you're even arguing.

And the other two points you argued included teams that were destroyed by injuries.

Top Bottom