• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

We've had Nash/Blake/Kobe and Dwight/Pau/Clark lineups in the same quarter.

Pringles is totally clueless.
I'm okay with tha second one. Clark can play at that spot and the team has no other sf besides Jamison to back up Ron.

But don't play two pgs. Meeks or Jamison you idiot! Or pau of course but he might be tired from the long run.

thekad

Banned
Rockets are so inconsistent it's crazy
I thought they played pretty well. Just had a really bad stretch at the end of 3rd/beginning of 4th. McFail is mostly to blame there. He had an Asik/Morris/Parsons/Delfino/Douglas lineup out there for some reason then went small when the Nuggets had Faried at center...

cacophony

I thought they played pretty well. Just had a really bad stretch at the end of 3rd/beginning of 4th. McFail is mostly to blame there. He had an Asik/Morris/Parsons/Delfino/Douglas lineup out there for some reason.

why can't we get a coach who isnt a dumb ass w/ substitutions. same shit with Adelman

Where are you from?

lol ppl on the realGM board are idiots. Losing Ed is worth the price of getting rid of Calderon. They realize Calderon is a FA next year, right?

I went to school at York U in North York, but Im living in the prairies right now. Sota is closer to my area. Im not at my last straw yet, but if BC comes back with a renewed contract I am finished with the Raps

linsivvi

I'm okay with tha second one. Clark can play at that spot and the team has no other sf besides Jamison to back up Ron.

But don't play two pgs. Meeks or Jamison you idiot! Or pau of course but he might be tired from the long run.

I'm ok with the 2nd one too. What I am saying is he has no core philosophy of how the team should work. It's like he's just randomly pulling lineups out of his ass.

Vahagn

Every year people prove to not understand scheduling and margin of victory.

Oh stop

For every one time Hollinger makes a prediction about future success due to his formula (which heavily weights margin of victory and schedule) he's wrong like 6 times.

During the entire Lakers Finals runs of 08-2010 Hollinger kept saying mid-season that the Jazz would finish with the top record, or make it to the WCF, or make it to the finals, depending on when he was writing the articles.

Made the same proclamations about Portland as well.

Margin of victory is actually way way wayyyyyyyyy overblown.

Case in Point

Srsly

Banned
How many of you are going to be shocked when the Celtics prove to be much better without Rondo? And the Grizzlies without Gay.

Oh stop

For every one time Hollinger makes a prediction about future success due to his formula (which heavily weights margin of victory and schedule) he's wrong like 6 times.

During the entire Lakers Finals runs of 08-2010 Hollinger kept saying mid-season that the Jazz would finish with the top record, or make it to the WCF, or make it to the finals, depending on when he was writing the articles.

Hollinger has actually been top 3 in accuracy for regular season record accuracy the last few season iirc. And first one of those years. People just like to focus on the misses rather than the majority of right calls.

Edit: among other predictors that is. A pool of like 20.

Vahagn

Hollinger has actually been top 3 in accuracy for regular season record accuracy the last few season iirc. And first one of those years. People just like to focus on the misses rather than the majority of right calls.

Edit: among other predictors that is. A pool of like 20.

Based on what? Dude changes his opinion ALL THE TIME. You mean he makes pre-season selections and then by end of season they're accurate? Maybe. But I guarantee that throughout the season, he's written MISS after MISS after MISS that he's just forgiven for.

shira

"I'm tired of this,'' Casey said. "I'm tired of losing games because of missed calls at the end of the game. I know the league's going to come down on me for this, but I don't care. Guys have fought their hearts out, played their hearts out and at the end of the game we get cracked, apology, go back to Canada.''
Casey said his initial belief a foul should have been called was supported by his review of the video.
"I've been in this league 18 years and I've never seen as many missed calls at the end of the game to cost us the game,'' Casey said. "We have good officials. Too good to miss calls and short-change these young men like that. And it's not right.''

Casey just daring Stern to fine him and apologize to him at the same time.
BC gotta pull the trigger on him to keep the heat of his crazy ass.

Rudy Gay and DeMar DeRozan are the exact same players and Gay-DeRozan-Bargs is just about the most miserable complementary group in the NBA. That group has no efficient players and no passers and no shooters and none of them will even be the first option and they all make a lot of money; this Raptors team makes no sense at all right now. BC has no idea what he's doing..

truth. I see no cause for optimism here. I said it earlier all these guys are ball stoppers.

I honestly am impressed that Kobe is still embracing the point guard. I did not think he would be able to keep himself from attempting to go off.
Ah shite I jinxed that ish

thekad

Banned
Oh stop

Case in Point

Do you know what a probability is?

I honestly am impressed that Kobe is still embracing the point guard. I did not think he would be able to keep himself from attempting to go off.
Ah shite I jinxed that ish

Say what you will about how great Kobe was playing for most of the first half of the season, but, as long as they don't turn it over, ball movement has been way WAY better since he became Kobe Johnson.

Vag, you are responding to a post about how people don't take into account the amount of home versus road games a team has played. I'm not sure if that's a great jumping off point for a Hollinger attack.

And changing your mind is actually a good thing to be able to do because you'll never be right about everything and simply denying things you got wrong will lead you to no results and no growth.

Hollinger's draft and player development models were kind of shitty though but I don't know if he even wanted to do that draft stuff since he barely watched any college basketball.

Top Bottom