• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Vesely still has a chance to play like a lottery pick.

He's still super athletic and can be a decent shot blocker. Can still disrupt the passing lanes and get out in transition.

He just has to learn to stay on the damn court. He fouls needlessly and can't stay out there. I'm hoping he can look good this year.

SamuraiX-

It's nice to see Vesley having developed a skill set on offense. Doesn't look nearly as raw as he did when he came into the league.

Just needs to work on finishing.

With the signing of Farmar, Blake is most likely gone.

They are only around $4.5M above the luxury tax threshold. Bet they are trying to get under that so they don't have to pay repeat offender rate.

They're a more than $4.5 mil above. They need 2 more roster spots so even at 2nd round rookies,it's another $1 mil or roughly $77 million (over $5 mil above). it will climb if they sign anyone with NBA experience. Realistically, close to $78 million.

They have to trade Nash or Blake + someone like Hill/Kaman. I still think Nash is likely in a mid-season deal.

Have to see what other moves they make, but as of right now I'd bet Blake is the starting 2 guard until Kobe returns.

I do agree that once Kobe returns, a PG will have to be moved.

edit: Just remember, to get under the luxury tax they have to can make the deal anytime before july 1st next year.

B.O.O.M

Or their GM is Danny Ainge.

tDolAkj.png

haha good point

linsivvi

They're a more than $4.5 mil above. They need 2 more roster spots so even at 2nd round rookies,it's another $1 mil or roughly $77 million (over $5 mil above). it will climb if they sign anyone with NBA experience. Realistically, close to $78 million.

They have to trade Nash or Blake + someone like Hill/Kaman. I still think Nash is likely in a mid-season deal.

Have to see what other moves they make, but as of right now I'd bet Blake is the starting 2 guard until Kobe returns.

I do agree that once Kobe returns, a PG will have to be moved.

Nash or Blake + Hill. They don't have any exception left, no? They can only sign people at minimum now. Maybe they are taking a wait and see approach, but at least that option is there.

Mothman91

Vesely still has a chance to play like a lottery pick.

He's still super athletic and can be a decent shot blocker. Can still disrupt the passing lanes and get out in transition.

He just has to learn to stay on the damn court. He fouls needlessly and can't stay out there. I'm hoping he can look good this year.

Vesely pls ;_;

SamuraiX-

Vesley is so damn long, good lord.

Love that he's using that wingspan effectively to be disruptive.

Anyone have his measurements? Can't find them at DX...

Glad Metta cleared waivers. I'd be fine with him going anywhere but hope he gets another ring, the guy deserves it. He has worked hard to not just be in great shape and leave it all on the court but he has tried really hard to overcome his demons and become a better person.

Glad Metta cleared waivers. I'd be fine with him going anywhere but hope he gets another ring, the guy deserves it. He has worked hard to not just be in great shape and leave it all on the court but he has tried really hard to overcome his demons and become a better person.

Punched a fan in the stands. Elbowed the Beard in the head. No love.

SamuraiX-

How in the loving fuck did Porter shoot 42% from 3 in his sophomore season at Georgetown?

His shooting form and mechanics are godawful.

Metta only makes sense in NY as a 4, maaaybe as a SF if they go big and slow. His 3 ball is streaky as hell, his passing, dribbling and ball handling are really poor, but he has great hands on defense still, will cause turnovers for opposing teams and will be loved in NY for his hard-nosed, no non-sense style.

It's gonna be funny to see vet minimum Metta steal that starting spot from Amarnani.

Metta-age!

Nash or Blake + Hill. They don't have any exception left, no? They can only sign people at minimum now. Maybe they are taking a wait and see approach, but at least that option is there.

right, no exceptions, but min contract is based on years in the league. The more played, the higher it is.

Probably are doing a wait and see.

Punched a fan in the stands. Elbowed the Beard in the head. No love.

Dude is legit crazy. He sees a therapist regularly and doesn't medicate himself with alcohol anymore. He has come a loooong way since punching that fan. He and the fan are actually good friends now. He fucks up occasionally still but he is far from being the violent bizarro version of Royce White.

dont worry bro, hell get his next one with the knicks

Emwitus

linsivvi

That's why he took it so hard with the amnesty. I feel that LA is the first city that truly embraced him post brawl.

Barngani's decent. Bitches stay whining. Shitlyn gon get this work. Fuck da Mets. Fuck da Heat. Fuck this thread. *middle finger to everybody*

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Bruh, the Heat aren't calling.

If he comes back from that injury (and isnt exposed post pp and kg) come 2015. I see him being high in the knicks FA board because everyone knows he is going to leave. Especially after Those Melo rumors of him asking for Rondo.

If Metta comes for the minimum knicks should offer the 1,7 to brooks or k.Mart

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Viking being confident is such a difference. That was by far his biggest hurdle to overcome coming into this season. Hope it carries over.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Knicks don't have haters. They have people who love not lying to them.

One of most trollable teams in sports. Usually only college teams get it like they do.

Edit: Tim Hardaway Jr is on right now in case Knicks fans want to hear it.

Top Bottom