• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

At this point the people saying "how nice would it be for the Lakers to pull a major upset and win the series?" are the same ones saying "hey, the WiiU can turn it around and still be a huge success".

At this point the people saying "how nice would it be for the Lakers to pull a major upset and win the series?" are the same ones saying "hey, the WiiU can turn it around and still be a huge success".

As an atheist, I would be very conflicted by the Lakers winning this series.

I dunno...his big men failed him big time tonight. Outside of Faried, their frontcourt collectively brain farted..

He played Kosta Koufos and Javale at the same time, and then sat them both to play small ball with us. Every time they've tried to play small ball with the Warriors they've done horribly.

It's official:

7891491411os0m.jpg

At first I thought that LA would have had a shot with Kobe, but now I'm not so sure. The Lakers are a pretty bad road team and I couldn't see the Spurs losing at home. But at least the Lakers would have been competitive.

Fjordson

Do you guys think the Warriors should trade David Lee in the future? Try to get a rebounder/defensive guy? Or am I jumping the gun here based on the last two games without him.

Vahagn

Do you guys think the Warriors should trade David Lee in the future? Try to get a rebounder/defensive guy? Or am I jumping the gun here based on the last two games without him.

You can get a rebounder / defensive guy without having to trade one of your best players. Trading talent for people who fill role player needs has always been silly to me.

Good thing is you have Jerry West. He'll add complementary pieces to fill roles instead of trade one of your main guys.

linsivvi

feels good to be out of the 1st round

As made immortal by Tracy McGrady.

Speaking of T-Mac, does it count as getting out of the 1st round when you don't play a single minute of regular season or 1st round games for a team?

Of course not. The worst thing a team can do is to break up a core prematurely, especially when it's a young team.

LuchaShaq

Banned

A rebounder? ....like David Lee.

If I'm not mistaken he's a huge reason why they were #1 in rebound % this season. (Might just be defensive rebound % I forget).

Also against teams that play halfcourt Lee's work in the high post passing to shooters/creating lanes for cutters is vital for their offense.

Yes Lee is awful on defense, but if he played with a health Bogut/healthy rim protecting center all year his deficiencies wouldn't be so glaring. The bigger issue is that when they try to go small him at center is suicidal.

If they trade lee they are going to get shit offers or worse older players with just as bad if not worse contracts like Gerald Wallace/Amare.

Fjordson

I didn't mean that Lee can't rebound, just that the guy coming in would obviously need to be able to fill that role also if he replaced Lee.

But I didn't think of Bogut making a difference defensively, good point. Lee and a healthy Bogut would be a nice frontcourt.

Edit:

You can get a rebounder / defensive guy without having to trade one of your best players. Trading talent for people who fill role player needs has always been silly to me.
Also a good point.

I actually like Lee a lot, I'm just not used to this sort of potential for a good team as a Warriors fan. I feel like this team has a much better chance to be at least competitive in the west for a while compared to anything we've had in recent memory.

linsivvi

I didn't mean that Lee can't rebound, just that the guy coming in would obviously need to be able to fill that role also if he replaced Lee.

But I didn't think of Bogut making a difference defensively, good point. Lee and a healthy Bogut would be a nice frontcourt.

Edit:

Also a good point.

I actually like Lee a lot, I'm just not used to this sort of potential for a good team as a Warriors fan. I feel like this team has a much better chance to be at least competitive in the west for a while compared to anything we've had in recent memory.

I know a PF/C who has had 3 triple doubles in the last 6 games. Interested?

Seriously you need to let this team reach the ceiling before you make any major change. Don't do what the Thunder just did.

LuchaShaq

Banned

Edit:

Also a good point.

As much I LOVE watching Bogut play, dude is injury prone.

If Ezeli can't be trusted on the court due to his awful hands the warriors need to go after a guy like Sam Dalembert/Birdman for cheap to protect the rim when Bogut is hurt.

pilonv1

Lacob loves Lee, he'll never trade him. Landry is only on the books for next year as well and Jack is a FA. Better option is to try to keep the bench deep.

Man, if Melo can dominate the Celtics en route to a sweep, while George Karl's Nuggets troll themselves out of the playoffs in the first round yet again...glorious.

Man, if Melo can dominate the Celtics en route to a sweep, while George Karl's Nuggets troll themselves out of the playoffs in the first round yet again...glorious.

that "must deep team in the playoffs" and "they have two starting five teams" i heard last season and this season might be done if they lose in the first again.

Melo wins the trade D:

sucks about Gallo though, fuck injuries.

Sanjuro

If this is how the Knicks fans act after winning three games, I can only imagine the terrible Boston Marathon jokes they are going to make once the series is over.

Unbelievable.

Pat Beverley makes no apologies:
"I want to go against Russell Westbrook again and battle him again," Beverley told Yahoo! Sports by phone on Friday evening. "I didn't try to hurt him, but that play was something I've tried in the past, a play that worked against the Suns earlier in the season – and it's a play that I'm going to continue to try again."
I didnt think it was a dirty play at all. But he might find himself on the receiving end of a forearm to the face next time he does it.

If this is how the Knicks fans act after winning three games, I can only imagine the terrible Boston Marathon jokes they are going to make once the series is over.

Unbelievable.

They were made before the series started lol. New Yorkers understand tragedies greatly, but we will not hold back. Even when united we hate Boston lol

Personally I don't hate Boston.

Unbelievable.

Are you really being preemptively offended? There will always be shitheads who make tasteless jokes. There might be a few here, but they'll be banned.

Celtics were fucked before the series started, they're simply not very good. New York should be worried that they're averaging under 90 points against a team that has no business being in the playoffs. Whereas Indy is averaging 110 against ATL.

Sanjuro

Are you really being preemptively offended? There will always be shitheads who make tasteless jokes. There might be a few here, but they'll be banned.

Celtics were fucked before the series started, they're simply not very good. New York should be worried that they're averaging under 90 points against a team that has no business being in the playoffs. Whereas Indy is averaging 110 against ATL.

Not surprised, just surprised to see them on this board and from certain members.

No arguments here about Celtics being fucked.

i guarantee none will come close to bostonians shitting in bill russells bed

How is that applicable? Getting old quick, kid.

Dominican thought he would try again to be funny but when he got told it wasn't cool, he said we were "killing his vibe"

some dumb shit like that

yea like atl is a good team.

Top Bottom