• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
goddamit,Id lose my shit if Rose came back to play against Miami in the next round. I want someone to wipe the smug fucking looks off Miamis face

I don't know how much he would help given that he hasn't played in a calendar year. His time to come back was when he was actually cleared.

Aron+Baynes.jpg

148189510.0_standard_352.0.jpg

He cannot be stopped, only contained.

The LA media has been so weird, especially former Laker players, talking as if the Lakers aren't playing hard enough.

It's as if they actually think the drop from Nash, Kobe, and Blake to Morris, Goudelock, and Duhon shouldn't matter.

Only James Worthy tells it like it is. Everyone else all "WHY CAN'T THEY WIN!?!? TRY HARDER!?!?"

The LA media has been so weird, especially former Laker players, talking as if the Lakers aren't playing hard enough.

It's as if they actually think the drop from Nash, Kobe, and Blake to Morris, Goudelock, and Duhon shouldn't matter.

Only James Worthy tells it like it is. Everyone else all "WHY CAN'T THEY WIN!?!? TRY HARDER!?!?"

They're getting ready to slam Dwight or Pau.

PBY

Banned
Chi is better with Jimmy buckets, who will make life difficult for your boy, WoW. theyll win 2 games with the roster they have now.

The Bulls might win 2, but just know that in 2010 the Heat were way worse- like Dampier/Bibby minutes worse- and the Bulls had Asik and Korver- and it was 4-1. A close 4-1, but out in 5 nonetheless.

They're getting ready to slam Dwight or Pau.

That's so fucking stupid. I've thought they've played fairly well in the series considering the Spurs are just packing the paint all game long.

I always thought the media's belief "as long as Kobe plays they can win" was it. Weird with Kobe out seeing them still claim they should win.

Anyway:

Tom Haberstroh
Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings missed 1,589 shots this season, more than any duo in the NBA. End of an era. (Please?)

LOL

That's so fucking stupid. I've thought they've played fairly well in the series considering the Spurs are just packing the paint all game long.

I always thought the media's belief "as long as Kobe plays they can win" was it. Weird with Kobe out seeing them still claim they should win.

I agree with you but let's be honest the media needs someone to blame.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Aron Baynes starting tonight in place of the injured Splitter.

who the fuck is Aron Baynes? Pop showing zero respect.

Aron was a top foreign prospect that was rated higher than Splitter ever was. Spurs signed him in the middle of the season and he played a few games. He's still getting use to the NBA pace so he's been in the d-league for a while.

espn said:
Among the options being considered by the Toronto Raptors as they weigh the futures of team president Bryan Colangelo and coach Dwane Casey is making a run at Phil Jackson, according to sources with knowledge of Toronto's thinking.

Now that heavyweight sports executive Tim Leiweke has been hired as the new president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment -- the Canadian conglomerate that owns and operates the Raptors, NHL's Maple Leafs and Toronto FC in Major League Soccer -- Toronto's chances of successfully luring Jackson north of the border appear to be much more realistic.
oh god, dumbfuck Colangelo out and Zen master in? please basketball gods let it happen

Even if Howard abuses Barnes, that doesn't necessarily mean Lakers win. They need Gasol to be Olympic and to get some production out of the bench. Goudelock wasn't horribad last game.

DJ88

Awesome, just got a call from work telling me I don't have to come in Mon or Tues anymore since the Heat swept and the Bucks wont be coming back to the hotel. Thanks Heat!

Even if Howard abuses Barnes, that doesn't necessarily mean Lakers win. They need Gasol to be Olympic and to get some production out of the bench. Goudelock wasn't horribad last game.

It was all about the defense, scoring is the least of their issues. They can't defend shit, scrubs or all stars, they just give up too much.

Top Bottom