• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
"[Rose] says that he just doesn't have the muscle memory back, is the way he put it," Nichols said during the network's coverage of Game 6 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227507/Derrick-Rose-Being-Held-Back-By-Lack-Of-Muscle-Memory

tim-duncan-deal-with-it.gif

j39eIZtsHXQNK.png

cp3marc.gif

hagoax3.gif

zboexits.gif

iDwfaukajFNqF.jpg

ibdbHeYDc7BSfs.jpg

tim-duncan-deal-with-it.gif

LuchaShaq

Banned
Joey Crawford is incompetent he lost control of last nights game.

Blake Griffin/Chris Paul are the fakest tough guys I've seen in sports maybe ever? They make KG barking at Jose Calderon look like a god damn Roman Gladiator in comparison.

Clippers and Lakers should fire their coaches and then flip a coin for who gets which van gundy bro (unless jeanie gets control of Lakers/brings phil back).

Fjordson

That was hilarious.

Watching the video of Randolph's ejection, it looks like DeAndre Jordan is jawing with him from the bench :lol since you know, he's fucking terrible when he isn't dunking so he doesn't play in the fourth. If I was such a sorry waste of athleticism I probably wouldn't be talking shit to anyone, dude has no shame.

linsivvi

Blake Griffin/Chris Paul are the fakest tough guys I've seen in sports maybe ever? They make KG barking at Jose Calderon look like a god damn Roman Gladiator in comparison.

Clippers and Lakers should fire their coaches and then flip a coin for who gets which van gundy bro (unless jeanie gets control of Lakers/brings phil back).

Joey Crawford fucks up pretty much every game he works on. He's the most terrible human being in the league.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Good god, the Grizzly game turned absolutely ugly as hell. That CP3 shot to Gasol is just disgusting, though the zbo-griffin . . scuffle? thing? . . was not any prettier.

I swear, if we have a first round next year again, I'm going to pull all my hair out. This is turning into some apollo v. rocky shit right here.

masud

Banned
Knicks in dat 2nd round! (pay no attention to how they got there) Haters as always ead. Orange and blue skies son.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Bwahahaha

giri

Good god, the Grizzly game turned absolutely ugly as hell. That CP3 shot to Gasol is just disgusting, though the zbo-griffin . . scuffle? thing? . . was not any prettier.

I swear, if we have a first round next year again, I'm going to pull all my hair out. This is turning into some apollo v. rocky shit right here.

Grizz clippers is an UGLY mismatch of styles and NBA refs don't know what to do. Normally they side with the guy with the biggest nike contract, except, blake legitimately sucks. It astounds me that someone like amare has a better post game.

also, next time blake takes z-bo to the ground, i legitimately don't expect blake to be able to walk afterwards. i suspect z-bo will be ready, and will tear his knee apart. Competitive z-bo forgets about normal human standards :|

charsace

I'm just happy to be the second round. Win or lose this round I'm happy with the Knicks progress.

Chris Paul hurt Blake Griffin's development imo. The offense has focused on Griffin less and so his game has hardly developed offensively. Defensively he's still bad and doesn't use his quickness and speed on defense like he does offense.

giri

I'm just happy to be the second round. Win or lose this round I'm happy with the Knicks progress.

Chris Paul hurt Blake Griffin's development imo. The offense has focused on Griffin less and so his game has hardly developed offensively. Defensively he's still bad and doesn't use his quickness and speed on defense like he does offense.

CP3 all season has been begging for blake to develop a post game.

anyone on the clippers other than crawford to step up as a legit no.2 on offense.

Blakes lack of development is entirely upon him self. what escapism bull shit excuses you're delivering.

i assume that's the same bull shit blakes close "friends" tell him at nigh so he can sleep.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Go Knicks, i'm happy with a first round win outside of this anything is bonus :(... Hopefully we play less iso ball, those times are rough to watch.

charsace

CP3 all season has been begging for blake to develop a post game.

anyone on the clippers other than crawford to step up as a legit no.2 on offense.

Blakes lack of development is entirely upon him self. what escapism bull shit excuses you're delivering.

i assume that's the same bull shit blakes close "friends" tell him at nigh so he can sleep.

Blake is always been too willing to blend in with his team. He did the same thing in college too.

melo, chandler, jr and felton are annoying in how much they whine, just suck it up and play basketball.

good thing we have calm veterans like Kidd and Prig. And then Shump stepped up last night too.

giri

Blake is always been too willing to blend in with his team. He did the same thing in college too.

Thats the weakest of excuses when you're trying to be the best player on your team and your game isn't suited to being "complimentary" at all.

Blake just hasn't put in the fucking work, plain and simple.

Someone should explain to him that this isn't a miss world competition, but a basketball competition, and he may want to exit the gym and hit the bball court in the off season.

If he's still at this level in 2 years then his career will be defined. K-mart at best.

Blake improved his jumper, free throw shooting and developed a little lefty hook counter out of the post. I dont think his development is stagnant. maybe not as fast as youd like. but it aint stagnant.
edit: he was much better defensively this year too.

Playoffs start now for the Spurs. Preseason ended about a week ago. Now let's hope they are not lethargic from all the rest and they are actually ready for the Warriors' intensity.

giri

Blake improved his jumper, free throw shooting and developed a little lefty hook counter out of the post. I dont think his development is stagnant. maybe not as fast as youd like. but it aint stagnant.
edit: he was much better defensively this year too.

blakes jumper is so slow and so forced, i'm not sure you could count it as development. i mean, people see it coming (and it's hard not too) and literally have time to ignore it, turn to the basket, and box out someone else.

And he's always been TRYING that hook shot.

He's shooting better from 10 - 23 feet, but nothing more than natural variance would allow.

So no, he hasn't developed at all really. He's just a year older.

Congrats!

I'm one of the original blake apologists, and was excited to see him start off the season trying more jumpers in the expectation he'd been practicing. Eh. i was dissapointed.

also, his FT % is just back to what it was his rookie season. I don't think thats "development".

The Rose situation is laughable. His teammates have visited the emergency room, puked in the middle of a game, played despite having pain, and have manned up. They're out there competing and even if they lose I have a lot of respect for players like Hinrich, Nate, Noah, etc. This clown has no muscle memory, or any memory for that matter, given the blank expression on his face every time the camera zooms in on him.

giri

The Rose situation is laughable. His teammates have visited the emergency room, puked in the middle of a game, played despite having pain, and have manned up. They're out there competing and even if they lose I have a lot of respect for players like Hinrich, Nate, Noah, etc. This clown has no muscle memory, or any memory for that matter, given the blank expression on his face every time the camera zooms in on him.

not even going to respond to this level of stupidity with a stylised response, here's one from simmons that covers you.

Q: Can you hold it against Derrick Rose for not coming back?

Absolutely not. See, Gilbert Arenas affected the NBA in four ways …

1. He's the first NBA star who tapped into the potential of connecting with fans on the Internet (with his groundbreaking Agent Zero blog). Then Twitter happened, and Facebook, and Instagram, and now we're at a point where Kobe could run for president because he's so good at social media. In fact, I think I'd vote for him in 2016. As long as he wasn't running with Dwight Howard.

2. After he bolted Golden State for the Wizards, they named a rule after him — the Gilbert Arenas provision, which makes it easier for teams to sign their own restricted free agents who were second-round picks.

3. They also named three unwritten rules after him: "Don't bet large sums of money with teammates during poker games on chartered flights," "Don't bring guns into the locker room for any reason," and "Don't give someone a massive nine-figure contract if you're not positive he's healthy."

4. He's the all-time "came back too soon" cautionary tale for anyone who suffered a major knee injury. Gilbert tore a meniscus near the tail end of the 2006-07 season, came back too soon, reinjured it in November, missed much of the season, came back too soon a second time, reinjured his knee in the playoffs, came back too soon the following fall, had a third surgery, and ended up playing 15 games total in two years. Make no mistake — he was NEVER the same.

Now? He's a cautionary tale, the name that floats through the head of any player who wants to keep pushing himself to play, feels really good … but doesn't totally trust his knee yet. Magic Johnson's biggest professional regret is coming back too soon during the 1981 season. He knew his surgically repaired knee didn't feel right, but as Magic tells it, you start feeling that pressure from every direction. Fans, teammates, coaches, the owner, you name it. And it's not even intentional. Might even be something as simple as someone saying, "How's the knee feeling?," only they make eye contact for an extra second and you start thinking, Does he not believe me? You get in your own head. You feel guilty all the time. Your confidence is shaken. You can't do the one thing that always came easiest to you. So you start pushing yourself to come back, tricking yourself, convincing yourself to feel a certain way. And that's when you can get in trouble.

As Magic put it, When you're ready, you know. If you're wondering even a little? Then you don't know. I think that's where Derrick Rose is right now. He's in his own head. He doesn't totally trust his knee yet. His hammies still hurt. And yet … he feels horrible that he can't help his team. So he's vacillating, and fortunately, GILBERT ARENAS keeps flashing through his head in all caps. Over everything else, that's Arenas's real legacy. Nobody wants to be The Next Guy Who Came Back Too Soon.

One two three umbuto, RIP chant

Wonder when KG will retire, he should announce it during the finals for maximum troll

Pierce gets bought out at the start of free agency, he will be pissed but he'll end up on......the spurs, T-Mac + Pierce D:

If knicks get blown out on Sunday then I'll be shocked, they gotta shrug off last round asap

But knowing JR he was probably partying last night and will tonight

I think CP3 is gonna leave or demand people get traded.

jjasper

It might have been the worst officiated game I have seen in person. But watching how the Clippers went out maybe it was necessary to keep the Clippers fro cheapshoting the team to death.

Fox318

One two three umbuto, RIP chant

Wonder when KG will retire, he should announce it during the finals for maximum troll

Pierce gets bought out at the start of free agency, he will be pissed but he'll end up on......the spurs, T-Mac + Pierce D:

If knicks get blown out on Sunday then I'll be shocked, they gotta shrug off last round asap

But knowing JR he was probably partying last night and will tonight

I think CP3 is gonna leave or demand people get traded.

CP3 ain't gonna leave. He would lose $30 million right?

not even going to respond to this level of stupidity with a stylised response, here's one from simmons that covers you.

Fast forward to the middle of next season when Rose is missing significant chunks of games because of, "Sorry guys, but my body still feels off. Only god knows when I'll be back."

giri

Fast forward to the middle of next season when Rose is missing significant chunks of games because of, "Sorry guys, but my body still feels off. Only god knows when I'll be back."

And he'd still be producing more than most guys who came back from that position and that injury, who have figured?

giri

It might have been the worst officiated game I have seen in person. But watching how the Clippers went out maybe it was necessary to keep the Clippers fro cheapshoting the team to death.

I don't agree with lopsided foul calls often... but the clips went out there with a mission of making it "physical". And they paid a price for trying to play a style that they just don't, for the sake of making an impact on opposing players.

And some of their shit was just cheap.

I think the flagrant calls were right, no one should have been ejected on those alone. I think the clips got away with a few too (blake not being called a technical / flagrant for dragging z-bo to the floor unnecessarily was stupid).

The same way that the grizz got a few they shouldn't have, and got away with a few.

Some of the early fouls against the clips in the first and second quarters were REALLY ticky tacky, but not necessarily "uncommon". And they were largely called on the grizz too. (Conleys foul on Cp3 in particular sticks with me).

I wouldn't have said it was officiated badly, but it was certainly an ugly game. Which in the end will suit the grizz, so i'm sort of surprised the clips went out of their way to play that style.

LuchaShaq

Banned

If the Bulls didn't throw away Asik and Korver for nothing I'd be with you.

With or without rose Bulls have a 0% chance at the title unless OKC (well they already did) Miami, San Antonio, and Memphis all had crippling injuries.

If management didn't take a championship seriously in July/August last year why should Rose take a 2nd round series seriously now?

Goes both ways.

Joey Crawford fucks up pretty much every game he works on. He's the most terrible human being in the league.

Crawford may be an attention whore and a terrible ref, but he isn't a worse person than say Lance Stephenson who threw his gf down a flight of stairs and then stomped on her, or someone who sexually assaulted a mentally unstable woman.

If the Bulls didn't throw away Asik and Korver for nothing I'd be with you.

With or without rose Bulls have a 0% chance at the title unless OKC (well they already did) Miami, San Antonio, and Memphis all had crippling injuries.

If management didn't take a championship seriously in July/August last year why should Rose take a 2nd round series seriously now?

Goes both ways.

I'm guessing that the Bucks should have laid down because their management traded Bogut for Ellis? He's been medically cleared to play and he is choosing not to. That's his choice, but he should realize that it isn't a popular decision. I guess if the Bulls regress even further he shouldn't play at all in 2014, right? A lot of people here defended Kobe when he told Howard to man up and play. But when golden boy Rose decides to sit out when he is apparently fully healed (according to doctors, any way) he is given a free pass.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm guessing that the Bucks should have laid down because their management traded Bogut for Ellis? He's been medically cleared to play and he is choosing not to. That's his choice, but he should realize that it isn't a popular decision. I guess if the Bulls regress even further he shouldn't play at all in 2014, right? A lot of people here defended Kobe when he told Howard to man up and play. But when golden boy Rose decides to sit out when he is apparently fully healed (according to doctors, any way) he is given a free pass.

Laid down? no.

If Illyasova or larry sanders was hurt, would I think they should have come back before they were 100% healthy and confident? Fuck no

Look I'm no rose fan, I think he is one of the most overrated players in the league and shouldn't have even been top 5 in MVP voting the year he got that joke of a fucking award.

giri

Yeah, you should totes play cause it's not popular to not play, fuck yo career!!!!!!

jjasper

I wouldn't have said it was officiated badly, but it was certainly an ugly game. Which in the end will suit the grizz, so i'm sort of surprised the clips went out of their way to play that style.

Yeah I don't really understand why the Clippers decided to get all physical. If the refs don't call it all it would do is allow the Grizz to play their game and if they do call it tight you get the Grizz shooting FTs and foul trouble.

Also I can't wait for Wojo's follow up on the hit piece he wrote about Hollinger and the trade that turned the team from a team playing .500 ball into a contender.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Isn't she a bit too old for him?

KCJHoop
Deng still in hospital

Poor Bulls. They should honestly just trade Rose now. I'm sure somebody in the league still thinks hes a superstar.

h3ro

Poor Bulls. They should honestly just trade Rose now. I'm sure somebody in the league still thinks hes a superstar.

You can't be serious. He's one of the best talents in the league and what he's dealing with is completely subjective. If he feels he's not ready, then he's not ready. Coming back prematurely can only end in another injury. The "play through pain/injury" adage doesn't apply here. Deng's situation doesn't apply in the slightest as they're two completely different issues.

Pony anime has rotted your brain.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You can't be serious. He's one of the best talents in the league and what he's dealing with is completely subjective. If he feels he's not ready, then he's not ready. Coming back prematurely can only end in another injury. The "play through pain/injury" adage doesn't apply here. Deng's situation doesn't apply in the slightest as they're two completely different issues.

Pony anime has rotted your brain.

If he wanted to sit out the season thats fine. Thats totally understandable. If he wanted to shut it down from the beginning than thats what he should have told his team and the fans.

Whats not cool is all the bullshit about him wanting to play. Thats a load of crap. Him stringing the fans along by having his brother talk shit about the organization, by saying garbage like his "muscle memory" not being there and all that other crap is totally different.

fertygo

If he wanted to sit out the season thats fine. Thats totally understandable. If he wanted to shut it down from the beginning than thats what he should have told his team and the fans.

Whats not cool is all the bullshit about him wanting to play. Thats a load of crap. Him stringing the fans along by having his brother talk shit about the organization, by saying garbage like his "muscle memory" not being there and all that other crap is totally different.

He already said he don't mind skipping season like in february. Its just obvious at that point, but people keep nagging about it.

Whatever.. people will changing tone if its really benefit him and bulls next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom