• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

So Amare was not expected to play in the first round, any news on that front?

Haven't heard any updates on that front yet. Doubt he plays though, maybe later in the series if he gets some real practice time in.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Is this rose thing still an issue... He will come back next season strong. Everyone acts like these aren't facts

1. His physical style of play at the level he does it requires him to be 100% because if he is not he could (and would) likely injure.

2. He could (and would) likely mess up team chemistry

3. Bulls have been doing pretty damn good without him

4. Its not like Rose was the missing piece on a top contending bulls team. If anything the bulls took 2 steps back this season losing korver and asik when all they needed was a better starting SG or perhaps a big PG to play besides rose before

5. Bulls ownership is some cheap bastards so why should rose kill yourself for them if they haven't put him into position to win anyway

Is this rose thing still an issue... He will come back next season strong. Everyone acts like these aren't facts

1. His physical style of play at the level he does it requires him to be 100% because if he is not he could (and would) likely injure.

2. He could (and would) likely mess up team chemistry

3. Bulls have been doing pretty damn good without him

4. Its not like Rose was the missing piece on a top contending bulls team. If anything the bulls took 2 steps back this season losing korver and asik when all they needed was a better starting SG or perhaps a big PG to play besides rose before

5. Bulls ownership is some cheap bastards so why should rose kill yourself for them if they haven't put him into position to win anyway

Or...there is a chance rose is no longer the same and doesn't want people to know yet.

fertygo

That point about Gilbert Arenas in Rose's situation is true, heck Rose maybe already halfway into that road.. Last season he already injured a lot before the ACL tore, and he always rushing back.. that not end well, if he got that once more due to rushing, he will suffer like Arenas, similar player too.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Maybe Rose doesn't want to play because he thinks the Barclay's Center is haunted? I mean, James Johnson is no longer on the Bulls to protect him.

Korosenai

tim-duncan-deal-with-it.gif

This is like, the greatest thing ever.

Nori Chan

No rare double flop in the op? it's like reilo just wants his name attached to the thread :|

Heat in 4
Indiana in 6
Grizzlies in 6
Spurs in 5

Westlo

watching clippers and grizz game 6, lmao @ memphis crowd shouting refs you suck right before the end of the second quarter after they've been given 30 free throws in the first half.

I'm so conflicted. On one hand I want this misery to end, on the other hand I don't think too highly of the Nets and would love for the Bulls to knock them off. Can the game start already?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Heat in 4
Spurs in 5
Indiana in 6
Memphis in 6

Heat over Indian in 5
Memphis over Spurs in 6

Heat over Memphis in 6 (finals goes 2-3-2 again right?)

Heat in 4
Knicks in 6
Grizz in 5
Spurs in 4

Someone needs to find out what Dwights saying. We need context!!!

Is he saying "Watch your back"... not the lip reader

"thats bullshit man"

Knicks in 7
Grizz in 5
Spurs in 6
Heat in 6 against Chi, 5 against Brooklyn.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I don't see the Grizzlies losing more than one game against OKC. The X-factor in the series is Nick Collison. For some reason, he's Z-Bo kryponite.

LuchaShaq

Banned
This is what I wanted to pick, but I can't help but feel like the Spurs will find a way to ground Curry better than the Nuggets did.

In the 3 regular season games against the spurs Curry did play he had one amazing game and 2 kinda crappy games.

Heat in 4(Nets win game 7 vs bulls)
Spurs in 4(warriors defense is terroble & pop wont let curry go off)
Grizzlies in 6(maybe durant drops 50 and kmart does something and collison plays for a game or two.)
Knicks in 6(heat/knicks ecf plz)

KingGondo

Banned
We have a better chance against Memphis than people think. Russ never did shit against them anyways, so I think we'll try to ugly it up and rely on the individual scoring of KD and him finding open three-point shooters.

We're still definite underdogs, but we still have HCA and by far the best player, and that has to count for something.

Zep

Banned
We have a better chance against Memphis than people think. Russ never did shit against them anyways, so I think we'll try to ugly it up and rely on the individual scoring of KD and him finding open three-point shooters.

We're still definite underdogs, but we still have HCA and by far the best player, and that has to count for something.

It does count for something friend. That will push it to a 6-game series.

A win or two.

KingKong

I wouldn't say that Durant is by far better than Gasol and the overall talent on the Grizzlies is higher than OKC.

Oh and they also have a real defense and their offense isn't just jacking up 3s

Brook Lopez would give the heat trouble........in 1 game
Heat in 5 vs Nets or Heat in 6 vs Bulls

Spurs in 5, Curry will get locked up by dat Leonard

Knicks in 6 but lol if die die die JR keeps struggling

Grizzlies in 5 , zbo and best gasol wreck everyone

Bread

Banned
One two three umbuto, RIP chant

Wonder when KG will retire, he should announce it during the finals for maximum troll

Pierce gets bought out at the start of free agency, he will be pissed but he'll end up on......the spurs, T-Mac + Pierce D:

If knicks get blown out on Sunday then I'll be shocked, they gotta shrug off last round asap

But knowing JR he was probably partying last night and will tonight

I think CP3 is gonna leave or demand people get traded.
smh not even close

if pierce does leave, he better win a title. and i will do whatever it takes to see him in his first game back in boston.

Heat in 5
Knicks in 6
Grizz in 7

And I'm still not feelin' SA... but

Spurs in 7

Edit -- Damn, just heard on ESPN Deng is out for sure. Welp.

Pimpwerx

The godawful Bulls are getting taken to 7 by the hapless Nets, yet people think they're gonna win 2 games against Miami? Is there some injury I don't know about? I'll go with my usual pick of Heat in 5, but I expect 4 blowouts of a team that can't score, isn't that great defensively anymore, and isn't healthy. Way too much respect being given that mixed bag of scrubs.

Heat in 5
Pacers in 6
Spurs in 6
Memphis in 6

I've been incredibly wrong with my picks, so whatever. PEACE.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
With the way the Knicks played yesterday and the two games before that, I don't see them beating the Pacers. Though I imagine it'll be a drawn out series, though, ending in bitter Knick tears.

Pacers in 7

:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom