• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derwind

A healthy Bulls can push Maimi to game 6 or even 7, but they not healthy...

There's something really wrong when Miami has the more beasting frontcourt....

At least if Nets pull through they can match up player wise, not that there bigs are gunna make that much of an impact.

And is Luol Deng gunna suit up tonight? Someone need to give Belinelli a rest, the dude looks so gassed in the 4th.

Derwind

With the way the Knicks played yesterday and the two games before that, I don't see them beating the Pacers. Though I imagine it'll be a drawn out series, though, ending in bitter Knick tears.

Pacers in 7

:|

Assuming the Knicks don't play like hot garbage, they have a serious chance to beat the Pacers.

Assuming they don't play like hot garbage and make phantom passes to nobody.

Into

Heat in 5
Knicks in 6
Grizz in 7
Spurs in 4

BTW the sports media is already starting the "Where will Dwight/CP3 go?" to make sure people keep visiting their sites after the Playoffs

jjasper

We have a better chance against Memphis than people think. Russ never did shit against them anyways, so I think we'll try to ugly it up and rely on the individual scoring of KD and him finding open three-point shooters.

We're still definite underdogs, but we still have HCA and by far the best player, and that has to count for something.

One thing you are discounting is YNB's D has always bothered Conley and Jackson/Fisher just won't be able to defend him as well.

who do the Pacers have that can create off the dribble in the half court or run the PnR well? Lance Stephenson? George Hill? lol. Paul George's handle is okay,but he works through that fuckball offense to get his points..or just stands at the three point line and chucks.
NY has three players that can create off the dribble. Indy's defense is good enough to contain JR and Melo, but Felton will tax that Pacer ass.

the Pacers will burn NY in transition though, Stephenson and George are good athletes and can finish strong at the hoop. ....I saw how well Jeff Green managed to score on the Knicks by just putting his head down in transition and making a full speed charge at the rim.

Cloudy

Banned
BJcaNiTCMAAWWT6.jpg

lmao

Im alright with the Bulls losing tonight. The highlight of our season was ending Miami's streak and that's fine.

They've battled through a lot, have been incredibly fun to watch at times and incredibly frustrating at times. If rather them lose in a tough game 7 on the road than get destroyed in a sweep by Miami.

Also, Rose was seen in two different clubs in Chicago after the Bulls lost game 6. I'm not saying he needs to be hanging in Deng's ER room or icing Noah's foot or holding Nate's hair back while he pukes, but it's just poor taste to go out partying in such a public way.

With the way the Knicks played yesterday and the two games before that, I don't see them beating the Pacers. Though I imagine it'll be a drawn out series, though, ending in bitter Knick tears.

Pacers in 7

:|

at the very least, if each team wins their home games then we can win in 7. we split the season with them.

but i think the celtic series was a huge wake up call and it also helps the game is tomorrow so its still fresh on their minds. im going with 7 but wont be surprised if we win earlier.

Im alright with the Bulls losing tonight. The highlight of our season was ending Miami's streak and that's fine.

They've battled through a lot, have been incredibly fun to watch at times and incredibly frustrating at times. If rather them lose in a tough game 7 on the road than get destroyed in a sweep by Miami.

Also, Rose was seen in two different clubs in Chicago after the Bulls lost game 6. I'm not saying he needs to be hanging in Deng's ER room or icing Noah's foot or holding Nate's hair back while he pukes, but it's just poor taste to go out partying in such a public way.

It's a win/win for us. If we win, then we knocked off the lol nets, if we lose we don't have to hear about Rose until next season and we can be in the same situation as the rest of fans, watching the Heat win another fucking title.

Rose only cares about himself, solidarity be damned

Derwind

The only takeaway I got from this is Rose has a life and he's living it. I'm not fond of the idea of him not suiting up when he's medically cleared to play but on the other hand I can't hate on him for living his life. I don't think he's a detriment anyone by partying it up, not the best PR but whatever.... not every aspect of someones life should be publicized.

Hell I don't see how him suiting up can affect the Bulls post season chances. If they actually had a chance, that might be a different story all together.

Ultimately what the Bulls need to do is scrub this post season, making some moves and getting a better post presence on this club. Booze is a joke defensively IMHO and Noah can't be the only go to hustle player on the team....

I used to think Rose really was a humble exception, now I realize he's as fake as any other NBA player. Talented, but fake.
I thought the simmons answer posted by giri was really good. Rose should wait until he feels absolutely correct but he should have just said he was gonna sit out the season instead of the whole"i can play at any time/only god know/" shit and string fans along.
Q: Can you hold it against Derrick Rose for not coming back?

Absolutely not. See, Gilbert Arenas affected the NBA in four ways …

1. He's the first NBA star who tapped into the potential of connecting with fans on the Internet (with his groundbreaking Agent Zero blog). Then Twitter happened, and Facebook, and Instagram, and now we're at a point where Kobe could run for president because he's so good at social media. In fact, I think I'd vote for him in 2016. As long as he wasn't running with Dwight Howard.

2. After he bolted Golden State for the Wizards, they named a rule after him — the Gilbert Arenas provision, which makes it easier for teams to sign their own restricted free agents who were second-round picks.

3. They also named three unwritten rules after him: "Don't bet large sums of money with teammates during poker games on chartered flights," "Don't bring guns into the locker room for any reason," and "Don't give someone a massive nine-figure contract if you're not positive he's healthy."

4. He's the all-time "came back too soon" cautionary tale for anyone who suffered a major knee injury. Gilbert tore a meniscus near the tail end of the 2006-07 season, came back too soon, reinjured it in November, missed much of the season, came back too soon a second time, reinjured his knee in the playoffs, came back too soon the following fall, had a third surgery, and ended up playing 15 games total in two years. Make no mistake — he was NEVER the same.

Now? He's a cautionary tale, the name that floats through the head of any player who wants to keep pushing himself to play, feels really good … but doesn't totally trust his knee yet. Magic Johnson's biggest professional regret is coming back too soon during the 1981 season. He knew his surgically repaired knee didn't feel right, but as Magic tells it, you start feeling that pressure from every direction. Fans, teammates, coaches, the owner, you name it. And it's not even intentional. Might even be something as simple as someone saying, "How's the knee feeling?," only they make eye contact for an extra second and you start thinking, Does he not believe me? You get in your own head. You feel guilty all the time. Your confidence is shaken. You can't do the one thing that always came easiest to you. So you start pushing yourself to come back, tricking yourself, convincing yourself to feel a certain way. And that's when you can get in trouble.

As Magic put it, When you're ready, you know. If you're wondering even a little? Then you don't know. I think that's where Derrick Rose is right now. He's in his own head. He doesn't totally trust his knee yet. His hammies still hurt. And yet … he feels horrible that he can't help his team. So he's vacillating, and fortunately, GILBERT ARENAS keeps flashing through his head in all caps. Over everything else, that's Arenas's real legacy. Nobody wants to be The Next Guy Who Came Back Too Soon.
it probably make sit worse for bulls fans since every body is dying he technically injured any more. Anyways, stop pretending like you won't love him again when starts playing again next season :p

just because he has no emotions doesn't make him humble though lol

Spurs in 5 vs Warriors, but I think it's just as likely to be a sweep

Grizz in 5 over Thunder. This is a bit weird to pick 5 for a road team (normally 6) but man I just don't like the OKC offense right now without YNB

Miami in 5 vs Bulls IF Hinrich/Deng play, sweep otherwise or sweep vs Nets

NYK in 5 vs Pacers. I could see it going 7 and I could see Indy winning. But I think we're in or a shitacular 2nd round.

Emwitus

Grant Hill ruined his career to play for the fans for 1 round.

It was all shot to hell when Hill, a free agent to-be with a nice guy image to uphold, decided to come back way too early from an ankle injury late in 1999-00. Sound familiar? He then, as Orlando’s new showy centerpiece, came back far too early in 2000-01. In trying to play the nice guy, Hill overreached, and his health and career never recovered.

http://ph.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nb...-absence-experience-grant-170519451--nba.html

Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom