• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that shocking you? Don't you remember two years ago when he guarded Rose?
He doesn't guard guys like that the whole game. Also Nate Rob is different from Rose in that not even Nate knows what he's doing. I half expect Nate to try and take LeBron in the low post, Lil' Him is cray.

He doesn't guard guys like that the whole game. Also Nate Rob is different from Rose in that not even Nate knows what he's doing. I half expect Nate to try and take LeBron in the low post, Lil' Him is cray.

No one is saying he'll guard Nate all the time, but just like when he guarded Rose, it will be at crucial moments of the game such as end of quarters and end of the game or when Nate scores 3 buckets in a row or something like he has been known to do.

Hes going to be too tired to draw that matchup all night. Chase Robinson around all night, then have Butler getting in his ass again on the offensive side? Too much. It would make more sense to have Wade try and do it, but I think Wade would get burned. Wade'll be on Butler.

Edit: The difference between this and Rose is that the Bulls didn't have anyone then that bothered Lebron when Lebron was going 1v1 with the defender.

Deng is bigger than Jimmy and usually defends Lebron well. I hope the difference is that Nate lets Marco handle the ball when the trap or LBJ comes at him.

giri

No one is saying he'll guard Nate all the time, but just like when he guarded Rose, it will be at crucial moments of the game such as end of quarters and end of the game or when Nate scores 3 buckets in a row or something like he has been known to do.

So basically, he can't guard nate all game.

K.

Tom Penny

Chris Brown gonna whoop Rihanna and JR...

Screen-Shot-2013-05-08-at-3.49.50-PM.png

falastini

Grizzlies' offensive efficiency in clutch situations before the Gay trade: 94.2. Since? 109.8

To be honest, I think Rudy had a good percentage for making clutch shots. I can't remember where the statistics are, but in comparison to other stars he wasn't bad. The problem is, Hollins would always just run the same Iso plays for Rudy in clutch situations. It was predictable as hell.

At least now, you don't know who's taking the final shot. And I'd rather Conley have the ball in his hands, making plays, then watch Rudy try to dribble.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Hes going to be too tired to draw that matchup all night. Chase Robinson around all night, then have Butler getting in his ass again on the offensive side? Too much. It would make more sense to have Wade try and do it, but I think Wade would get burned. Wade'll be on Butler.

Edit: The difference between this and Rose is that the Bulls didn't have anyone then that bothered Lebron when Lebron was going 1v1 with the defender.

Deng gives Lebron issues as well. Deng is bigger and has longer arms than Butler too.

KingGondo

Banned
Why, is there an excess of hamburgers in OKC that are threatening the team?
I'm not even anti-Glen Davis, I just don't think that's a very fair trade. Not sure how we'd use him even if we did trade for him.

BTW, a guy called into local radio today claiming to be a carriage driver downtown, and he had a discussion with a visitor from Houston (before game 1). The guy told him "we stole Harden from you," and that OKC can beat Miami if they just glued Perkins to the bench. This Rockets "fan?"

Daryl Morey.

giri

I'm not even anti-Glen Davis, I just don't think that's a very fair trade. Not sure how we'd use him even if we did trade for him.

BTW, a guy called into local radio today claiming to be a carriage driver downtown, and he had a discussion with a visitor from Houston (before game 1). The guy told him "we stole Harden from you," and that OKC can beat Miami if they just glued Perkins to the bench. This Rockets "fan?"

Daryl Morey.

Not fair... for who?

Its silly because it doesn't actually help either team. But unfair? thabo is an extremely 1D player, and lamb hasn't played in what, 2 months?

And Glen Davis, some how, was putting up ok numbers in Orlando. Not sure how efficiently. But at least he is a big body that could guard zach/marc and not be a total offensive liability.

KingKong

And Glen Davis, some how, was putting up ok numbers in Orlando. Not sure how efficiently. But at least he is a big body that could guard zach/marc and not be a total offensive liability.

well someone has to score and rebound even on terrible teams

Chris Brown gonna whoop Rihanna and JR...

Screen-Shot-2013-05-08-at-3.49.50-PM.png

Fucking idiot. He's actually averaging better numbers in the playoffs this season than last season, and he's at 34% shooting. Good job lowering your future salary. He better step it up at some point.

Turns out Bron was trying to replicate Ray's shooting form from the line.
nba_lbj_allen_d1_576.jpg

It turns out that Ray Allen does more than spot up for three-pointers for the Miami Heat. The veteran guard also moonlights as LeBron James’ personal free-throw shooting coach. The two are working together in an effort to fix the one weakness in LBJ’s game. Per the Heat’s team website: “A career 74.7 percent free-throw shooter, James has never hit the 80 percent mark for a regular or post season. And it’s just about the only benchmark the four-time MVP has yet to hit after topping 40 percent from three this year. If James has a weakness, it’s hitting, not getting, free-throws. And he knows it. ‘I need and I want to shoot in the 80s,’ James said during the Heat’s week off. ‘That’s my next goal, my free-throw shooting.’ As it turns out, the Path to 80 has James not only trying to match Allen free-throw for free-throw after practice, but trying to match Allen’s mechanics in games in the second round of the playoffs. [...] ‘That’s what we’ve been working on, trying not to get him to dip,’ said Allen, a career 89.4 percent shooter. ‘That dip is what puts the ball in a weird position. It’s interesting because his mechanics, if you watch them when he misses – I’ve studied him shooting them a lot – that dip puts him in a bad position to where he starts trying to move the ball in different places and he ends up missing in different places. We’ve talked about it. He understands it. I just watch him and try to give him information and he seems like he has better confidence. I don’t know if he adopted my routine, I think he just goes to what’s comfortable for him. Looks good. He missed two free throws [last night] but he looks like he has a greater deal of confidence when he’s on the line. Just how he shoots it looks a lot more fluid. Our little free throw games, they’re definitely helping him.’ [...] ‘The other thing I told him, I said, ‘Sometimes you can have great form and you just miss,’ Allen said. ‘You didn’t do anything wrong, you just sometimes miss.’”

alba

Little is the new Big
Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOO BULLS! Grabbing Game 2 would be huge. Noah beast unleashed etc, gogogogo! <3

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Has anyone talked about phil jackson in okc?

Not going to happen. It would been glorious but nope. Phil wants to be a Gm/coach nobody with a roster worth a damn is looking fore both right now....

Also is Rihanna that erykah Badu of athletes now... Cause JR was doing more than aight, then he ran into that crazy bitch and look at him now.....*sigh

NBA-AGE, I was on East Lansing's NPR station with a colleague talking about First Book and such. Do you guys have any desire to listen to the segment? If so, I can post it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom