• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOu're fine with Spo second?

I'm fine with it. On the one hand, he was expected to have a team with a great record that dominated the league. On the other hand, the team he coached dominated more than anyone expected and ran off a ridiculous 27-game winning streak which is 2nd all-time. Nobody expected that.

...so like I said, there isn't really an argument for why he shouldn't be there. Even Spo exceeded expectations, technically.

As for Karl, his team might've even won their conference if they were healthy all season, and his starless team was a dominant force all season. I don't necessarily agree he was the best coach all year, but I can't be mad he got COTY because of what he did this season.

entremet

Karl? He did a great job with his talent, but Mark Jackson should've gotten it, especially with his turning around of a franchise in the dumpsters for years.

''Once he got it, I knew he was going to try to get some contact. The first thing I didn't want to do was get a foul, so I backed back, he kind of lost his footing and fell and I was able to just run toward the ball and get a deflection,'' said Allen, a member of Boston's NBA title team in 2009.

Love it when good defenders anticipate the flop and the guys look all kind of stupid

8th place for Thibs? There's only one guy I see Thibs losing to and that's Pop. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Thibs had Nate Robinson and the corpse of Nazr Mohammed starting for half the season.

No one wants to coach Deron. I think it's hilarious. There was some dispute as to whether or not he coach killed Sloan and I think that answer is very obvious right now.

THIS IS WHY GRIT SUCKS.

While you need intelligence and athleticism as well on defense, effort/intangibles are pretty important as well. Zach Randolph went from a miserable defender to a plus defender by dramatically upping his effort level on defense. Intangibles might get blamed too much in situations where a player is unathletic or can't dribble (where their lack of ability gets confused for a lack of "killer instinct") and insane narratives about intangibles can occur due to random luck at the end of games, but they matter on defense, they just aren't the only thing (unless you consider BBIQ an intangible as well or something).

charsace

No one wants to coach Deron. I think it's hilarious. There was some dispute as to whether or not he coach killed Sloan and I think that answer is very obvious right now.

txXJhgQ.png

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Got to give exec to grunwald. He remade the roster, signed the 6th man of the year to 3 million, and knicks made it to the second round. (morey and colanglo teams couldnt do that)

Branduil

Brooklyn is just a disaster of a team. They're paying over $80 million in salaries to guys who probably deserve $40 million at most. They're now locked into a roster that can't even beat a depleted Bulls team, and they don't have any way to get better. No coach should want any part of that unsalvageable mess.

Vahagn

Kevin McHale is a top 10 coach! Rockets fans should feel lucky to have him.

Love Karl but the Nuggets really just met expectations. Everybody laughed at Hollinger but he was right. Not really sure why he won it.

No he was not! He said the Nuggets would be 2nd in the West last year. They were 7th. People need to stop giving Hollinger credit for shit he's wrong on

You're getting this because? Carlesimo sure wanted to coach him. I'm sure so did Avery and wasn't happy he got fired. Phil not signing on has nothing to do with Deron...well maybe it does, in that Deron isn't MJ or Kobe. That's about it.

linsivvi

LoL.....

That reminds me not overpaying Lin and getting felton for a reasonable long term contract.

The Rockets made money from Lin, and he only has 2 years left. And because of the poison pill Lin doesn't even hurt the Rockets like he would have if the Knicks matched. The Rockets can even trade him and the new team won't take a hit like the Knicks would have either. Yes, it's bullshit but Morey pulled it off, twice in the same off season. And then Harden for Martin and a player the Thunder doesn't even play.

I'm happy Karl won it. He deserves one after all these years.

The voting is odd, but whatever. I'd just like to know who gave Vinny that first place vote lol

Indiana / Memphis finals will finally dethrone Detroit / San Antonio.

As the best Finals ever?

Frank Vogel with only three first-place votes seems really low.

If you said three years ago that a team lead by Paul George, Roy Hibbert, and David West was going to finish 1st in defense, everyone would have laughed.

G-Hill MVP leads that team, get it right.

Even if that happens, which I doubt, they're still winning the series.

Well see what happens tonight. I could see Miami winning by 18, I could see Chicago winning by 1.

Who knows

. Even though The Lakes have been out, I am enjoying this years close matches. These games have been amazing, all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom