• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
Spurs tonight looked more like the team I expected to bulldoze through the West. If Curry's ankle is really fucked again, Warriors are done. I see San Antonio winning out and closing the series after this if that's indeed the case.

If they Warriors are going to have Jarrett Jack bring the ball down the court instead? Jaysus.

duxstar

Real talk, I wonder if this game was the Warriors back court returning to Earth, Pop's defensive adjustments, or some combo of both. If Curry's ankles blew up tonight, the Spurs will win game 4. Esp since they play again Sunday

No idea but to me (I claim to be no pro analyst; or have any clue about the NBA really) but it seemed like Danny Green really stepped up his defense on Curry tonight, although some of the other people said Curry get's streaky like this.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Jack fucking up with his heroball should surprise no one

Its like watching Bobcat Failton all over again

linsivvi

NBA is so predictable. The drama is fake- 90% of the time the better team wins.

We've been through this. NBA is predictable because of the number of possessions in a basketball game and 7-game series. It is superior to the single elimination format of NCAA and international tournaments.

To the surprise of nobody, Spurs and Heat both take back home court advantage tonight.

Except these dudes:
Peace out Spurs. You ain't winning any game in Oakland.

warriros will win the next 2. warriors in 6.

Spurs are cooked. Just too old and slow to keep up with the backcourt of GS. Can't wait to rub this loss in to some of the locals tomorrow...

I find this loss more demoralizing than the game one choke job. The Warriors looked like the better team for two games on the road and came home to completely stink for 48 minutes. At least game one was just 4 minutes of historically bad basketball.

I'm really proud of this win. tbh we played really, really well. Pop's adjustments were masterful.

Everyone's gonna talk about Tony and Tim but Danny may have been our best player. His defense was beautiful

This was the first game where it felt like I was watching a Spurs game instead of a Warriors game. Which is depressing.

I'm really proud of this win. tbh we played really, really well. Pop's adjustments were masterful.

Everyone's gonna talk about Tony and Tim but Danny may have been our best player. His defense was beautiful

To be fair, Golden State crashed and burned after Curry twisted his ankle. They could have definitely comeback and won that game.

Instead their fate was in the hands of Jarrett Jack and some good ol' fashioned fuckball.
Nah they were never coming back. Curry was ice cold all night.

Man curry can be so good but I'm worried he's going to have many injury plagued seasons in his career because of those ankles.

fertygo

Eh the spurs still look mediocre to me. they look smart and always took GS momentum, but outside Parker burst at first half they doesn't look impressive at all. GS even missing a ton of nice shot.

Mahonay

Banned
Nah they were never coming back. Curry was ice cold all night.

Man curry can be so good but I'm worried he's going to have many injury plagues seasons in his career because of those ankles.
There's been plenty of games where Curry was ice cold and then just hits ridiculous shots at the end of the game. Warriors did a really bad job of drawing up plays to get him open though. So maybe it was a pretty remote chance.

There's been plenty of games where Curry was ice cold and then just hits ridiculous shots at the end of the game. Warriors did a really bad job of drawing up plays to get him open though. So maybe it was a pretty remote chance.

Green was in Curry's jersey all game and then Curry messed up his ankle again. What would lead you to believe anything would be different?

Mahonay

Banned
Eh the spurs still look mediocre to me. they look smart and always took GS momentum, but outside Parker burst at first half they doesn't look impressive at all. GS even missing a ton of nice shot.
To me the Spurs pretty much outclassed the Warriors almost that entire game outside of a few small runs. They had an answer for everything Golden State was doing. Now that I think about it, if they had gotten more defensive rebounds, this game would have not been close at all. Offensive rebounding was keeping Golden State close.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

He really adjusted to GS's best player getting hurt well.

#masterful

Heatles nation is goin in on Nazr Mohammmed. He just retweeted this:
"cory stanley ‏@man_of_steel12 57m
@NazrMohammed silly nigger Lebron is MVP for a reason"

Mahonay

Banned
Green was in Curry's jersey all game and then Curry messed up his ankle again. What would lead you to believe anything would be different?
Curry didn't mess up his ankle until they were trying to make their comeback with a few minutes left. When he tweaked his ankle, I definitely did not think the Warriors were going to pull a win out. It was over after that.

Yes, Green locked him down all game, but Curry is a good enough shooter where if he could just get a bit of daylight he can start stinking them. There was time left., then the ankle gave way.

Regular season ain't the same as at home in the playoffs being defended well all game, being tired, and all the pressure on you.

Curry was not saving them.

linsivvi

Mediocre Spurs might be enough to come out of the West the moment Westbrook went down and now Curry is hobbled. Spurs looked like they would have injury issues but Pop wins again by resting his players and tanking games before the playoffs.

Mahonay

Banned
Spurs were up 10 when ankle got hurt. Can we stop with the narrative that he was about to turn that around.

Edit: They were up 9.
Warriors have enough 3 point shooters were 9 points is a smaller gap than it is for most teams.

I'm not trying to say "IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN". But it was not out of the realm of possibility by any means.

JohnsonUT

Warriors have enough 3 point shooters were 9 points is a smaller gap than it is for most teams.

I'm not trying to say "IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN". But it was not out of the realm of possibility by any means.

It was not out of realm of possibility. But the chances of a comeback happening went from like 10% to 5% when he got hurt. Not something to blame for the loss.

Also, GS scored 7 points in their next 3 possessions. SO they almost did perfect without him until that point anyway.

Mahonay

Banned
Mediocre Spurs might be enough to come out of the West the moment Westbrook went down and now Curry is hobbled. Spurs looked like they would have injury issues but Pop wins again by resting his players and tanking games before the playoffs.
Pop is always one step ahead. Mark Jackson should have known to just sit Steph. Pop's overwhelming karma was too much for his poor ankles.

fertygo

They ain't beating Memphis though, and the finals can be ugly.

Mahonay

Banned
It was not out of realm of possibility. But the chances of a comeback happening went from like 10% to 5% when he got hurt. Not something to blame for the loss.
Yes, you're right, the way they played the entire game is what lost it for them. Spurs were the better team.

But at home, with shooters like that, end of game comebacks can easily happen.

Mahonay

Banned
Guys lets not get ahead of ourselves the series is only 2-1 lol

gsw can still win this series (unless Curry's ankle is fucked).
This is why everyone is saying it's already over. If Curry is not fully back, they're done. And there's a good chance that he's not going to be quite right from the way it looked at least.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The Heat looked pretty vulnerable today. Getting the game physical is crucial when playing against them.

Fjordson

Well not sure tonight could have gone worse. Not only do we lose home court, but Curry hurts an ankle, our shooting goes ice cold, and Timmy D and Parker are starting to get rolling. Even Boris Diaw's fat ass was posting fools up.

Oh well. I knew the Spurs were due for a good game, fuckin knew it. I'm glad we kept it somewhat close, but with Curry hobbling off the court after the final buzzer I'm not feeling great about the next few games.

Also, is Parker injured as well or something? My seats are opposite the benches, but I have shitty eyesight. It looked like he was getting a ton of treatment on his lower leg throughout the game. Though he still kept torching us when he would come back in so not sure what was going on there.

Mahonay

Banned
The Heat looked pretty vulnerable today. Getting the game physical is crucial when playing against them.
My favorite part, in a game where the Heat looked pretty ugly, LeBron still goes 25 points, 7 assists, and 8 rebounds. Even though he uncharacteristically shot under 40 percent, the LeBron James factor was still in full effect. Norris Cole goes off for them, because James was getting him open over and over again.
by off season do you mean life?
I love Curry, but he's definitely got some glass ankles. He needs to stop making those jump stops. He just can't handle them.

Well not sure tonight could have gone worse. Not only do we lose home court, but Curry hurts an ankle, our shooting goes ice cold, and Timmy D and Parker are starting to get rolling. Even Boris Diaw's fat ass was posting fools up.

Oh well. I knew the Spurs were due for a good game, fuckin knew it. I'm glad we kept it somewhat close, but with Curry hobbling off the court after the final buzzer I'm not feeling great about the next few games.

Also, is Parker injured as well or something? My seats are opposite the benches, but I have shitty eyesight. It looked like he was getting a ton of treatment on his lower leg throughout the game. Though he still kept torching us when he would come back in so not sure what was going on there.

He said after the game he got kicked in the shin

Mahonay

Banned
He said after the game he got kicked in the shin
Speaking of injuries, thanks to the age of HD TV, I've been noticing just how much you can see all of the scuffs and scrapes that these guys are covered with. Gives you a better idea just how intense playoff basketball can be.

Jarrett Jack at least lead both teams in +/- with a -19.
i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom