• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
Jarrett Jack at least lead both teams in +/- with a -19.
i

Fuckball champion.

I'm surprised Curry made it out of his infancy without needing a wheelchair. I feel bad for the guy. I've never seen a basketball player turn his ankle so much. Most of the time when he does it he's not even cutting or getting it stepped on or anything. It just rolls on him.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm surprised Curry made it out of his infancy without needing a wheelchair. I feel bad for the guy. I've never seen a basketball player turn his ankle so much. Most of the time when he does it he's not even cutting or getting it stepped on or anything. It just rolls on him.
For the ankle roll tonight, he took a sideways jump and came stomping down hard to make a quick stop. I feel like he should know that's not a move he should be doing when his ankles are prone to collapse underneath him.

I'm curious as to what causes guys to be prone to ankle sprains? Is there something fundamentally wrong with how they learned to run/jump/land? Are their ankles just structurally weaker genetically?

AcridMeat

Banned
Speaking of injuries, thanks to the age of HD TV, I've been noticing just how much you can see all of the scuffs and scrapes that these guys are covered with. Gives you a better idea just how intense playoff basketball can be.
Thompson's warrior scar is crazy. Looked like he'll be getting another too.

Spurs played the way I expected them to. They can't be that cold for that long. Good on the Warriors to keep it close despite shooting poorly and not being able to run an offense the way they like to most of the game.

Changes I think they need to make, Curry's health a bit irrelevant, have Thompson and Barnes run the offense more. I'm so sick of seeing Jack try to penetrate then bring it back to half court with 6 seconds left.

The last push they attempted, Jack took it up twice and had a quick shot on the clock, and the jumping turnover. Thompson got to the rim and blew a lay up, but at least he can get by and has the size to see an option open.

Oh and friend and I were talking about Klay being the face of the franchise, it's unfathomable but with Curry's health could be a reality.

Simmons finally posted part III to his trade value column. Glad to see he is finally seeing the light on Blake:

untitled-580jmz.gif

Also lol at him konexing Curry tonight.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

J2 Cool

Proud of the Bulls effort tonight, but could have taken it if they contained Cole and didn't allow Bosh 19 rebounds. They had nothing left on offense at the end. Don't understand how Thibs can keep a decent offensive player in Rip on the bench when dudes are struggling to find any rest at all. Played in 2 games, 10 minutes these playoffs. Doesn't make sense, he put up 16 per 36min last year's playoffs.

Mahonay

Banned
Proud of the Bulls effort tonight, but could have taken it if they contained Cole and didn't allow Bosh 19 rebounds. They had nothing left on offense at the end. Don't understand how Thibs can keep a decent offensive player in Rip on the bench when dudes are struggling to find any rest at all. Played in 2 games, 10 minutes these playoffs. Doesn't make sense, he put up 16 per 36min last year's playoffs.
I'm under the impression that Richard Hamilton is some kind of reanimated corpse that sometimes plays basketball for several seconds at a time.

Fjordson

Jack has been solid for us this year so I don't want to shit on him too much.

If we could stop running Iso ball when he gets it that would help also. Don't know if that's Jackson calling for it or Jack doing it on his own or other players being lazy, but there are some possessions down the stretch when Jack is playing point where we get zero movement at all. Basically just him dribbling around looking for an opening.

There was a play with about two minutes left where we had cut it to 5, Klay had just hit a 3, and we come down and just ball watch as Jack dribbles down the shot clock. Resulted in a Jack air ball and it was basically the end of our chances to come back. Really took the air out of the crowd and I'm pretty sure SA came down and scored.

I'm curious as to what causes guys to be prone to ankle sprains? Is there something fundamentally wrong with how they learned to run/jump/land? Are their ankles just structurally weaker genetically?

he sprained the ankle he rolled in the Nuggets series. (the left one, not the surgically repaired right ankle)

Fjordson

I guess that is slightly encouraging that it's not the one he already had surgery on. I just pray he can finish this year without the left one turning to dust.

Miami doesnt look invincible at all to me, it took a career night from Norris Cole to close out a Bulls squad with a 7 man rotation, missing two starters.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I doubt the latter. His dad was a pretty dependable player from what I remember.

His dad was a spot shooter tho

I would think it's from sprains when younger that don't heal right

My ankles are fucked from hoops

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Miami doesnt look invincible at all to me, it took a career night from Norris Cole to close out a Bulls squad with a 7 man rotation, missing two starters.

That was a less than stellar game by Lebron and Wade and they won by 10.

Expect that same type of performance when playing the Bulls. They are physical but if Miami turns it on and plays like game 2 then it will be over.

ari

Banned
That was a less than stellar game by Lebron and Wade and they won by 10.

Expect that same type of performance when playing the Bulls. They are physical but if Miami turns it on and plays like game 2 then it will be over.
Those phantom fouls fucked up any momentum the bulls was getting. Not saying that the refs are on miami 's nuts. All I'm saying is that some of those fouls was nonexistent and the refs don't care if the players act and throw themselves dramatically by wailing their arms in the air or on the court by simple getting brushed against. Its fucking bullshit and the last 10 minutes was hard to watch because of it.

zychi

Banned
Missed the game last night, saw the highlights, Lebron with the bitch hangup move on Naz, and then flops like he weighs 95 pounds. Naz pushes a linebacker like that, you think hes gonna slide to the other side of the lane? Nope.

What a bitch.

Those phantom fouls fucked up any momentum the bulls was getting. Not saying that the refs are on miami 's nuts. All I'm saying is that some of those fouls was nonexistent and the refs don't care if the players act and throw themselves dramatically by wailing their arms in the air or on the court by simple getting brushed against. Its fucking bullshit and the last 10 minutes was hard to watch because of it.

well you have to admit the Bulls put a bull's eye on their back willingly.

h3ro

It's likely a combination of all of the above.

In terms of why he keeps getting hurt, medically, the biggest predictor of future injury isn't genetics or technique, it's history of previous injury to the same area. Basically, once you pop, you can't stop.

Thompson's warrior scar is crazy. Looked like he'll be getting another too.

Spurs played the way I expected them to. They can't be that cold for that long. Good on the Warriors to keep it close despite shooting poorly and not being able to run an offense the way they like to most of the game.

Changes I think they need to make, Curry's health a bit irrelevant, have Thompson and Barnes run the offense more. I'm so sick of seeing Jack try to penetrate then bring it back to half court with 6 seconds left.

The last push they attempted, Jack took it up twice and had a quick shot on the clock, and the jumping turnover. Thompson got to the rim and blew a lay up, but at least he can get by and has the size to see an option open.

Oh and friend and I were talking about Klay being the face of the franchise, it's unfathomable but with Curry's health could be a reality.

Thompson and Barnes....I think the team has the most to improve with Barnes taking that extra step. The kid has all the tools to be a star...just needs to put it together.

It's a bit of both...when you sprain your ankle, your ligaments lose the elastic tension that helps stabilize The ankle. Typically, rehab builds muscle around that area to regain some of that permanently lost tension. In curry's case, I'm guessing it's stretched way too hard. Also, when you fuck up one ankle/knee etc...you start favoring the other side more even when healthy...thus his left ankle is starting to roll now. This is the same thing that happened to me in my early 20's (except other way around). The way I ended up fixing my problem was through p90x...yoga x in particular (balance poses and increasing my flexibility greatly-I went from wearing ankle braces to not needing them period). But then I don't play nearly the same level or frequency of basketball that he does.

Also didn't he have a really bad leg injury back in college? I would gather that's the source of his injury at this point.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Will tomorrow be the first time GSW is featured on an ABC game?

They should take this opportunity to wear those shirt jerseys again.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

lol. They should leave that uni for the history books and never wear it again.

h3ro

I didn't mind the jersey having sleeves as much as I didn't like the mismatched yellows of the jersey and shorts and the weird decision to have pinstriped shorts and no stripes on the jersey.

ryzAhBG.jpg

Dumb.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Curry is 2-19 with Green on him this series

yo daaaaaaamn

I'm just confused why it took so long.

Before the series I figured green would be on him a ton.

I didn't mind the jersey having sleeves as much as I didn't like the mismatched yellows of the jersey and shorts and the weird decision to have pinstriped shorts and no stripes on the jersey.

.jpg

Dumb.

I can't imagine having to play an NBA game with short sleeves.

I can't even stand shooting around in short sleeves.

Missed the game last night, saw the highlights, Lebron with the bitch hangup move on Naz, and then flops like he weighs 95 pounds. Naz pushes a linebacker like that, you think hes gonna slide to the other side of the lane? Nope.

What a bitch.

Nazr is the bigger bitch

Dude can't play in this league anymore so he has to resort to bullshit fouling and fake tough guy tactics

ryzAhBG.jpg

Dumb.

Not just the colors are mismatched, also the styles... I hope they keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom