• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play well, maybe. But Kobe, Jordan, Hakeem, etc. went into god mode when their teams were in a must win situation in the playoffs.

Oh no doubt. I've never believed melo was elite like those players. I agree he should have had a bigger impact but I would point the fingers elsewhere tonight. Hibbert shit on chandler for one and Felton didnt score til the 4th.

Oh no doubt. I've never believed melo was elite like those players. I agree he should have had a bigger impact but I would point the fingers elsewhere tonight. Hibbert shit on chandler for one and Felton didnt score til the 4th.

eh kobe always had help himself. melo never had that kind of help.

giri

dont start bro

The comment is rather inane.

So Melo's not top 2 all time.

What exactly was the point then?

Melo's been the only knick that has shown up for the second round. The mocking should be heaped upon JR Smith, Felton & Kidd for providing nothing else.

Sort of like how, Durants not the problem in OKC. Ibaka, Martin Collison & Perkins laying turds are.

Cloudy

Banned
Play well, maybe. But Kobe, Jordan, Hakeem, etc. went into god mode when their teams were in a must win situation in the playoffs.

Tough for him do that on a team that goes with a 3-guard lineup so much. He just doesn't have the ball in his hands as much as those guys.

Paul George had a great game for a guy who went 2-11 from three lol (being serious, but it's funny to think about)

Raymond Felton's true self finally crept through tonight which is a horrible sign for the Knicks when they didn't need it.

So he should chuck more and get lambasted for chucking? Eh, this is on the rest of those guys.

Melo's issue is that he doesn't make any impact anywhere except scoring and he's an extremely inconsistent scorer because he relies so much on contested jumpers.

I don't think he needed to try to score more tonight, but I think he's shown for his entire career that he's just a very good and not great player.

Jeff-DSA

Melo's been the only knick that has shown up for the second round. The mocking should be heaped upon JR Smith, Felton & Kidd for providing nothing else.

Sort of like how, Durants not the problem in OKC. Ibaka, Martin Collison & Perkins laying turds are.

Lack of leadership. As big of a-holes as Jordan and Kobe are, they got their role players to take the playoffs seriously.

I wouldn't really compare KD's and Melo's situations. Melo's been chucking up bricks for most of these playoffs. under 30% shooting throughout but the whole team has been playing like shit(Especially JR) I guess. KD's been doing everything for OKC, and quite well.

So he should chuck more and get lambasted for chucking? Eh, this is on the rest of those guys.

Look I said the finger shouldn't be pointed at melo at all but the other guys. That said, I'd have liked to see melo at some point in the 2nd half try to will them back in it.

Cloudy

Banned
When Kobe's teammates played poorly, he'd score 35 or shoot hisnarm off and at least try to keep em in it.

I junk that is what Jeff means.

Melo has a lot of guys who can create their own shot and think they are good. Kobe has usually played with bums on the perimeter and they knew their roles in big games lol

loss is on woodson as much as the players. no play calling, weird subs. where the fuck was novak? copeland? why did kidd get so much time over prigs?

everyone fucking disappeared this round except for melo and shump. tyson has probably been the most disappointing out of anyone in this team. i just dont understand how hard it is to come out with some fucking energy and urgency.

just fuck this team. hope they will enjoy offseason and realize if they didnt treat playoff games like the regular season, they might have made it to the damn ECF.

Cloudy

Banned
Knicks adjustments:

- Felton must make Indy play him on the drives
- Gotta rebound better
- Need a shooter out there so they stop swarming Melo. Copeland is good cos he4 can rebound as well
- If JR starts cold next game, sit him. He is just worthleess lately
- Less Kidd. He is doing NOTHING out there

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I wonder if Melo regrets not coming to the Bulls.
Dude, for the last fucking time. I've given you links and such.

It was the Bulls who nixed that trade before Melo even had the chance to approve or reject it. They declared Noah to be untouchable, and refused to trade him.

I'm starting to think that you're only saying this to annoy me, lol.

Knicks adjustments:

- Felton must make Indy play him on the drives
- Gotta rebound better
- Need a shooter out there so they stop swarming Melo. Copeland is good cos he4 can rebound as well
- If JR starts cold next game, sit him. He is just worthleess lately
- Less Kidd. He is doing NOTHING out there

Copeland is a shitty rebounder.

BKB-lNDCYAAaJxY.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom