• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
BKB-lNDCYAAaJxY.png

Who is that imposter?

masud

Banned
They are who we thought they were. 2nd round losses for the next 5 years confirmed. I'm not even upset, this is exactly where I thought the season would end.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Pacers-Memphis finals. It's Stern's nightmare scenario. This is what we want.

Yuck that would be a nightmare. Not because of the Grizzlies though. I like watching them. But the Pacers are horrible tv. Just painful.

I am really hoping to see a Grizzlies vs Warriors conference finals.

Into

JR Smith is being exposed as a fraud, dude played well in the regular season, as soon as he won the sixth man of the year, things went downhill.

And Chandler is perhaps playing even worse, its just that you notice Smith's bricks more easily, but Chandler has been awful for a long time, maybe its a injury, i do not know.

Maybe Cuban is more of a genius than I initially thought. Deron Williams looked like shit during large portions of this season and the argument could be made that he isn't worth his contract. Cubes didn't resign Chandler and Chandler has regressed majorly. It's kind of odd how Miami is getting more production, for way, way, way cheaper out of Birdman than NY is getting out of Chandler.

Pacers-Spurs/Pacers-Griz would definitely be my dream match-up ( since I'm a Pacers fan ), but at the very least I want Chicago to come out of the East ( don't really like their players, but I love the way they play ).

How is Cuban a genius? His entire off-season was built around signing Deron. He just looks lucky.

He did not pursue Deron as much as people think he did. He wouldn't even leave the taping of his television show Shark Tank to meet with him. It was more of a half-assed interest if anything.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
JR Smith is being exposed as a fraud, dude played well in the regular season, as soon as he won the sixth man of the year, things went downhill.

And Chandler is perhaps playing even worse, its just that you notice Smith's bricks more easily, but Chandler has been awful for a long time, maybe its a injury, i do not know.

JR is who he's been for his entire career.

Chandler is hurt.

linsivvi

Cuban gave up any chance for the Mavs to repeat or even content for a few seasons, at a time when his franchise player's window of opportunity is closing fast.

He screwed up royally.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Jason Terry wanted upwards of 8 mil a year
Chandler was looking at 10+
Kidd was dead
Barea is getting paid now too

I mean.... okay, yeah, go for it. You either win a lockout chip or retool before the new CBA shafts the entire league and keep from ending up like the Pistons (or the Lakers)

masud

Banned
JR is who he's been for his entire career.

Chandler is hurt.
Yeah lol at JR being exposed. He did the exact same shit last season. Knicks - age has bee waiting to die/die all season. I'm just glad it's gonna happen in the 2nd round.

Jason Terry wanted upwards of 8 mil a year
Chandler was looking at 10+
Kidd was dead
Barea is getting paid now too

I mean.... okay, yeah, go for it. You either win a lockout chip or retool before the new CBA shafts the entire league and keep from ending up like the Pistons (or the Lakers)
Dys solution to everything is to tank. Bobcat culture.

why would anyone but diehard Pacer fans want Indy in the Finals? I hate Miami, but I hate eye gouging basketball even more.
Not gunna happen tho, Miami is too good at denying entry passes into the post and Indy's guards arent good off the dribble, so theres no way they survive against MIA in the fourth quarter for four games.

Pimpwerx

why would anyone but diehard Pacer fans want Indy in the Finals? I hate Miami, but I hate eye gouging basketball even more.
Not gunna happen tho, Miami is too good at denying entry passes into the post and Indy's guards arent good off the dribble, so theres no way they survive against MIA in the fourth quarter for four games.

People hate Miami so much, they'd rather cut their nose to spite their face. No one watches the Pacers now, and no one would watch them in the Finals. No one actually enjoys their unwatchable brand of basketball, not even Pacers fans. PEACE.

Fjordson

Basically what Pimpwerx said. Will take Indiana's boring ass over having to watch any more of Miami.

But it doesn't matter 'cause I can't imagine NY or Indy beating Miami.

linsivvi

True story. I felt asleep watching game 3 because of Pacers ball.

fertygo

Indy go to finals mean the process against miami would be hilarious as fuck though, I can't imagine that wouldn't entertaining.. I can't imagine the finals with memphis though, might as well watch WNBA.

Wouldn't happen anyway.

Is this where the Knicks suicide booth is?

Just curious.

Anyway, Knicks are guaranteed to lose if they can't foul with impunity like Indy can...and they won't be able to do that to LBJ if they make it that far, so it doesn't matter.

Knicks need to shoot more 3's. Amare should shoot more long jumpers than trying inside moves.

No, the inside moves are okay.

Indiana wants nothing more than for people to take contested long jumpers. You have to break their box with short jumpers, and pull the bigs out once they're forced to deal with the fact that they're giving up shots/floaters inside of that box.

They give false ISOs up to wing players, and do not double because they want your only options to be dealing with Hibbert in the paint or shooting inefficient long 2-point jumpers.

We definitely need to find a way to shoot more 3s, though. The shooting from yesterday is decidedly un-Knicks like.

effzee

Watching the Knicks not even attempt to drive is in infuriating. Especially JR Smith who is actually quite explosive once he beats his man off the dribble.

Woodson either needs to bench him or play him much less if he is going to stink it up like this. Play Amare 15-20 minutes.

tyson has been extremely disappointing two playoff years in a row. he hasnt done shit this year. its like those back to back 20 rebound games were flukes

If the Pacers and Heat play it will be a repeat of this Bulls/Heat series. The Pacers will make things difficult for Miami, but when the calls start favoring Miami and they're not able to get over the hump tempers will flare and the Pacers will lose their composure. See, the old Lebron would have been rattled when he was pushed in the last game. Marion got inside of his head and he performed like shit in the Finals. But Lebron really isn't like that now. He plays into it. The Lebron in the Dallas series would have went scoreless in the fourth quarter if he was pushed down instead of scoring ten points on clutch plays.

I love the way you read minds

It's called a series prediction. A hypothetical. I don't feel like the Pacers have a chance against the Heat. There's a lot of bad blood there, just like the Chicago series, and I don't expect players like David West to behave themselves. If Miami gets a ten point lead the game is essentially over in any game. At home or away against them. Miami will not settle for jumpers and chuck three pointers the entire game.

Vestal

Watching the Knicks not even attempt to drive is in infuriating. Especially JR Smith who is actually quite explosive once he beats his man off the dribble.

Woodson either needs to bench him or play him much less if he is going to stink it up like this. Play Amare 15-20 minutes.
Yeah i dont get it either. Every time that Carmelo drives something good happens. Yet he is content in dribbling for 8 seconds and putting up a contested 18 footer

Knicks PGs have to drive into the paint incessantly and probe for slashers/bigs or try short-range jumpshots until Indiana's personnel proves they can prevent anything worthwhile from happening when they do so.

Knicks bigs have to set screens high to facilitate those drives every single time until they prove they can deal with those screens. We know Indiana will not double. We know they are loath to leave the vicinity of the paint. Why help them do what they do?

Knicks defenders have to harass ball-handlers every second until Hibbert/West establish position 10 feet or less from the basket. We want them to cough up the ball, throw idiot passes, or limit the amount of time that Hibbert/West/George have to make an offensive decision in the post.

Just do that shit.

linsivvi

Now the Maloofs are saying they won't sell the team to the local group at all, basically forcing the owners to choose between approving the relocation and receiving money from the Sonics or blocking it and giving money to the Maloofs.

This Kings saga is worse than Dwightmare.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Now the Maloofs are saying they won't sell the team to the local group at all, basically forcing the owners to choose between approving the relocation and receiving money from the Sonics or blocking it and giving money to the Maloofs.

This Kings saga is worse than Dwightmare.
The Kings should be in Seattle. It just makes more sense.

linsivvi

The Kings should be in Seattle. It just makes more sense.

It's obvious that both Sacramento and Seattle can support a team with proper management and a modern arena. Seattle will get their team eventually, and it should be from a city that can't support an NBA team.

Cloudy

Banned
A lot of people on here consider CP3 to be a better player than Melo, right? So how come CP3 doesn't get nearly as much shit for not having any deep playoff runs?

Melo at least made the WCF and could make the ECF this year..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom