• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Popper @StevePopper 2 minutes ago
Shumpert says he's a go - will wear a strap or brace - but said he's fine to play with no limitations.
Tina Cervasio @TinaCervasio about 5 minutes ago
Shumpert also says, he's not sure which fall in game 3 he actually hurt/bruised knee, but it never hurt in game. Soreness started in AM.
Also Knicks finally making a needed adjustment: Knicks going big to start the game.
Steve Popper @StevePopper 2 minutes ago
Well this is interesting: starters for Game 4 tonight at Indiana: Felton, Shumpert, Anthony, Martin, Chandler.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Idk about starting Shumpert over Pablo. You still need a playmaker, and Lord knows Felton has not been providing as well as he should be.

Outside of that 1/8 Saturday he's been the 2nd best player for the Knicks this postseason, you just hope he's fully over the ankle injury. Also this has to setup more dribble drive from Shump and probably the integration of Copeland/Novak. What's the point of going big if you don't play either?

Fatalah

Tonight is one of the most important nights in Melo's career. The problem is, the entire team needs to step up, not just one player. Hope the Knicks don't lose sight of that.

We're responding by going big, huh?

Well, this could work if we hit our shots. It took 18 offensive rebounds to put 82 points together and stifle the Knicks enough to win with low scoring. If we can cut that rebounding advantage a bit, maybe we'll score some more. Either way, we need:

- Anthony to have an effective, efficient game
- Chandler to not be abused by Hibbert
- Felton and the guards to attack the paint endlessly so that those bigs can be threats in the pnr
- Smith to wake the fuck up

effzee

I guess Mike Woodson gave in and listened to Screaming A.

Amare better get some minutes tonight if they want an offensive punch off the bench cause lord knows it won't be JR.

This is the series for the Knicks. Lose tonight and there is no way they win 3 in a row.

This is a huge game for Woodson also:

Game 3 was a pathetic, embarrassing display on all fronts. No energy, no flow, no effort. No nothing. Obviously Woodson is not to blame for Tyson Chandler looking like a shell of his former self, or Jason Kidd’s continued disappearing act. But he is to blame for plenty.

As the coach, it is his primary job to make sure his team is (a) ready going into the game; and (b) able to adjust throughout based on what is and is not working. Woodson failed horribly at both Saturday night and his team was laughed out of the building as a result.

Case in point: the Pacers watched the Knicks convert layups and dunks on the pick and roll all first half. At halftime, Frank Vogel adjusted his team’s approach, instructing Roy Hibbert to stay with the big men even as our PGs hit the lane, take away the bounce-pass-for-a-dunk to Chandler, Martin and Melo and challenge Kidd and Prig to finish around the rim.

And how did Woodson counter? By leaving those two out there instead of sending Felton in to attack attack attack.

Whatever sideline spat he and Felton were in is moot — the coach has to identify the other team’s strategic maneuvering and respond with his own. A similar thing happened in the second half of Game 1, when Felton’s huge first 24 minutes were countered by a Pacers defensive adjustment to which Woodson never countered back.

Instead of sitting down and joining Vogel in a chess match, Woodson stood arms folded, defiant to tweak his approach.

Of course this is one aspect of a couple games. And of course Mike Woodson knows a helluva lot more about his team and basketball in general than I do.

But Woodson’s failure to adapt his game plan to keep working what worked and abandon what did not are as big of a reason that we lost Games 1 and 3 as any missed shots by Melo and JR.

I am not suggesting that Woodson make Copeland the first guy off the bench tonight because refusing to do so would be stubborn loyalty to JR, but there has to be some Plan B in the head coach’s back pocket — some ability to change the team’s approach on the fly — if this series is going to turn around.
Woodson has to effing stop the trend of ignoring adjustments that worked just because they're different (see Celtics game 6) and wake up. Be accountable for his decisions.

Man Knicks fans, 3 minutes left until another huge Game 5 in Indy. I have seen so many in the last 20 years ... all memorable. But this is the biggest playoff game for the Knicks since arguably Game 7 in 1999 in terms of impacting futures/reputations. Let's do this, Knicks-GAF.

Carmelo guarding Stephenson? That is a bad matchup for Carmelo...

and George/Hibbert will stay on the court as long as Carmelo is on the court. Vogel was very strict in saying that.

Pimpwerx

This game is boring already, so let me ask this question here.

Angelina Jolie lost her boobs to threat of cancer. In years past, the thread would have been plastered with all her greatest cleavage shots and animated gifs, as a celebration. I read that thread and see only one post with any Jolie pics in it. ONE. I made a second post, but soon edited it after the fun police chimed in saying we don't need to post pics. WHAT? This is another instance where I realize the internet has left me behind. Who comes online to be sad and serious? What happened to the days of celebration? I don't know. I'm not long for this e-world. PEACE.

Emwitus

Angelina Jolie lost her boobs to threat of cancer. In years past, the thread would have been plastered with all her greatest cleavage shots and animated gifs, as a celebration. I read that thread and see only one post with any Jolie pics in it. ONE. I made a second post, but soon edited it after the fun police chimed in saying we don't need to post pics. WHAT? This is another instance where I realize the internet has left me behind. Who comes online to be sad and serious? What happened to the days of celebration? I don't know. I'm not long for this e-world. PEACE.

This post perfectly sums up that PEACE

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

#neaux1curr

If those bigs aren't going to leave the paint, and the guards/wings aren't going to double, shoot that short jumper right in between them until they move. Not bad so far, Knicks.

thekad

Banned

OT has been near unbearable for awhile now.

Melo is saving the Knicks' bacon.
He's done that alot this year. Knicks running more chip plays on George and no way Hibbert will come out. He's getting decent looks on his jumper. Nice comeback by the Knicks (horrible O by Pacers), now will Woodson go STAT/Copeland or Novak at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom