• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

I thought Ibaka doing well in defense against memphis, I thought he gonna got roasted badly but he actually fighting their frontcourt respectable, he does suck at offense aside last night..

Perkins though.. they might as well play with 4 player.

Emwitus

He also looked uninterested most of the year and was never at 100%. By his standards, it was a pretty bad year.

Yes, by his standards he doesn't deserve one, but even uninterested dwight was still holding the lakers together. Kobe/nash/pau and even metta were just terrible. I'd be disinterested at times if every single possession i had to cover everyone's ass. But he worked through it and the numbers show he was a net positive defensively on the court.

Dwight having a defensive rating of 100 this year should have been nearly impossible considering how bad the Lakers were defensively.

He's going to destroy the league if he's completely healthy next year.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Wade collided with Jimmy Butler while making a move in the post in the second quarter, contact that was mild and innocuous by this series’ standards – by any standards, really. He missed a fall-away jumper and avoided putting weight on his right leg as he staggered toward the sideline.

“Shooting pain,” Wade said. “It hurts. But eventually I was able to come back, retape my knee and come back out and try to finish.”

Finish he did: 3-for-10 from the field with six points, bringing his scoring average in this postseason to a lethargic 12.3. The bone bruise that sidelined Wade for six games in April and Game 4 of the first-round series against Milwaukee just won’t leave him alone.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/...th-diminished-wade-in-lineup-at-least-for-now

How pathetic are the Heat's two first round opponents where Wade can average 12PPG in the playoffs and the Heat are about to only lose 1 total game?

Let's put it this way: Ray Allen is outplaying Wade by a not so insignificant margin.

EDIT: Jesus. I just realized Bosh is averaging 13.5PPG. East is such a joke.

reilo

Rachel Nichols said:
Knicks are having team orthopedist fly in to look at Shumpert's knee pregame.

Why can't you be a man like Shumps, huh Rose?!

reilo

Was it the same knee he injured?

Yeah, it's his left knee.

Shumpert, who did not practice Monday, expects to suit up for Tuesday's Game 4 at Indiana, despite a sore and bruised left knee, New York Newsday reports.

Spin: While his confidence is almost always brimming over, Shumpert is still experiencing an ailment to his surgically-repaired left knee, which should cause some concern.

Branduil

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/...th-diminished-wade-in-lineup-at-least-for-now

How pathetic are the Heat's two first round opponents where Wade can average 12PPG in the playoffs and the Heat are about to only lose 1 total game?

Let's put it this way: Ray Allen is outplaying Wade by a not so insignificant margin.

This NBA era post-lockout will be known in the future as the Asterisk Era.

Over the last 2 games Shumpert has forced 12 turnovers on Paul George. Imagine what George can do w/o Shump in the game...

James White/Quentin Richardson, you're up LOL.

I take it that's its unknown if his previous injury had anything to do with the severity of his current knee injury if he supposedly hurt it taking two falls on it.

Wiggins going to Kansas, I'm glad.

Hopefully he can actually dribble and shoot because those all-star games were frightening in how Rudy Gay-esque he looked.

I don't see how anybody could call him the next Lebron. Lebron was a 6-8, 250lb manchild at 18. This kid looks about 6-4, 190. No way could he succeed by going straight to the NBA.

I don't see how anybody could call him the next Lebron. Lebron was a 6-8, 250lb manchild at 18. This kid looks about 6-4, 190. No way could he succeed by going straight to the NBA.

Wiggins is 6'8.

There have been more comparisons to McGrady than LeBron I think. "Next LeBron" is just an easy way to say that he's the next great wing prospect for the NBA.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I've seen Wiggins at that Jordan High School game. He is nice but he is not Lebron and I keep telling ya'll Jibari Parker is better right now.

linsivvi

Wiggins will be Stern's retirement gift to the Lakers.

Who cares if he's not the next LeBron? We only need the next Kobe.

In before Vag.

Pimpwerx

Bosh averaged 14/7.8 last postseason, compared to 13.4/8.5 so far this year. Interesting note, he's shooting 41% from beyond the arc so far. This might be a thing for postseason Bosh.

As for Wade, that's easily explained by the increased bench production. I only looked at the games where Bosh was starting, because the dynamics of the rotation are the same.

20ppg Knicks
15ppg Thunder

37ppg Bucks
38ppg Bulls

Wade averaged 20ppg last year, and that was bolstered by Bosh's absence in the Indy series. The bench is scoring 20ppg more on average, which more than compensated for the 8ppg less Wade is scoring. Add to that improvements on both ends of the floor, and it's not like the path is any different.

Knicks last year were better than this year's Bucks. Last year's Indy team was almost as offensively inept as this year's Bulls. If Bosh wasn't injured, that series might have been a sweep. In the end, it's hard not to think the path is easy when the team is that much better than everyone else. But it's not just the East. Miami would destroy anyone in the West just the same. Well...maybe at a much faster pace. PEACE.

Nori Chan

idk if old if it is fuck you i do want a i want

BKL5uD6CIAAyeM_.jpg:large

My favorite is the Dr. Brian Cole one

Emwitus

Bosh averaged 14/7.8 last postseason, compared to 13.4/8.5 so far this year. Interesting note, he's shooting 41% from beyond the arc so far. This might be a thing for postseason Bosh.

As for Wade, that's easily explained by the increased bench production. I only looked at the games where Bosh was starting, because the dynamics of the rotation are the same.

20ppg Knicks
15ppg Thunder

37ppg Bucks
38ppg Bulls

Wade averaged 20ppg last year, and that was bolstered by Bosh's absence in the Indy series. The bench is scoring 20ppg more on average, which more than compensated for the 8ppg less Wade is scoring. Add to that improvements on both ends of the floor, and it's not like the path is any different.

Knicks last year were better than this year's Bucks. Last year's Indy team was almost as offensively inept as this year's Bulls. If Bosh wasn't injured, that series might have been a sweep. In the end, it's hard not to think the path is easy when the team is that much better than everyone else. But it's not just the East. Miami would destroy anyone in the West just the same. Well...maybe at a much faster pace. PEACE.

Say what. Only the lakers/houston would get "destroyed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom