• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
These last two halves by Durant are some of the worst basketball he's played in years :(

Marc Gasol looked like the DPotY in that half and the league won't be nearly as fun when Perkins is out of it next year.

Dthomp

You can blame it on Scott running him to the ground.

I completely blame Scott. I just don't see them doing anything about it unless KD were to come out after losing this series and throw him under the bus (Which he will not do) Look what it did for MJ and Magic. Please KD, call for his head. We need it! and amnesty Perk for fucks sake. Hell, I think Shaq could give us more at this point then Perk is at this point of his career

KingKong

I mean Brooks sucks and everything but it's hardly his fault that Ibaka has been miserable and there's something wrong with your roster when Fisher ends up being the second best player for most of the series

if Westbrook wasn't hurt they would have walked to the Finals again

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I mean Brooks sucks and everything but it's hardly his fault that Ibaka has been miserable and there's something wrong with your roster when Fisher ends up being the second best player for most of the series

And been beaten in the Finals, with ease.

The moment Brooks could no longer rely on iso's, his team was done. He needs to know that simply saying "play harder" isn't coaching.

jjasper

Chuck is right at this point in the series you should know players tendencies and be ready for their moves. Yet Perkins and Ibaka have no idea where Zach is going with the ball.

Dthomp

But it is his fault that Ibaka is out on the perimeter instead of being in the post. It's his "non" game plan where they are slowly walking the ball up the court and going 1 on 5 with KD instead of running like against Houston. This team ran all season and Reggie is capable of that and could get Serge going in transition versus hanging out behind the ark. Brooks hasn't shown an offensive set in 3 seasons, he has been carried by having two of the top 10 players on his team to make up for his shortcomings. If that was a SVG, JVG, or Jerry Sloan behind the bench even without YNB they'd be in a position to win this series. I'm not a coach but could see in the last few games that KD is gassed. How dumb do you have to be to run your star down to the point where he can't get a solid shot off?

rando14

doesnt matter how far you get really if you dont have chance at all of winning

But it is his fault that Ibaka is out on the perimeter instead of being in the post. It's his "non" game plan where they are slowly walking the ball up the court and going 1 on 5 with KD instead of running like against Houston. This team ran all season and Reggie is capable of that and could get Serge going in transition versus hanging out behind the ark. Brooks hasn't shown an offensive set in 3 seasons, he has been carried by having two of the top 10 players on his team to make up for his shortcomings. If that was a SVG, JVG, or Jerry Sloan behind the bench even without YNB they'd be in a position to win this series. I'm not a coach but could see in the last few games that KD is gassed. How dumb do you have to be to run your star down to the point where he can't get a solid shot off?
ibaka doesn't want to be in the post. he wants to be taking jumpers and 3s.

Dthomp

ibaka doesn't want to be in the post. he wants to be taking jumpers and 3s.

Well I want to be 5 inches taller and a significantly bigger bank account, but those aren't things I get just by wanting them.

Get your ass in the post and grab some rebounds. If we were so desperate for 3 point shooters we could have just kept Harden and traded him after the season. Ibaka is costing enough money that he needs to do what the team needs and not what he wants.

KingKong

Ibaka has been missing layups all series and he's the one not going into the post. Reggie is nowhere close to Westbrook so they can't run. Yeah Durant is being worn down but he kind of has to play this much. And not to mention that all the games have been really close and it could have easily been 2-2 right now with OKC being very outmatched in player skill

Dthomp

I hate Memphis as much as I do Miami

but OKC isn't done yet

They can still take this to 7

in fact..I NEED them to take it to 7 for the Spurs to get a couple of days off.

WCF might start Sunday :x

LOL. As much as I'd like to see us push this a few more games, it isn't going to happen. KD hasn't had any time off the court yet this game so I figure Brooks will run him to actual death. Now I have to become a Spurs fan because I HATE Miami.

Ibaka's hands and touch around the rim are terrible and he has no post moves and he's a good shooter though.

Dthomp

Ibaka has been missing layups all series and he's the one not going into the post. Reggie is nowhere close to Westbrook so they can't run. Yeah Durant is being worn down but he kind of has to play this much. And not to mention that all the games have been really close and it could have easily been 2-2 right now with OKC being very outmatched in player skill

That is the frustrating part about being an OKC fan. Any other coach would have them in better situations in these games. There is no consolation prize for losing every game by 3, you know they will double/triple KD at the end of the game so draw up a play for KMart or anything other then dribble into the triple team and try to shoot over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom