• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truphenom

LOL @ knicks resigning J.R. Smith. Have fun being irrelevant for another decade.

If it's the 4 yrs 5 per like ppl are saying its not the worst contract ever. He's a glue sniffer but i'm not sure the Knicks could find anyone better in the off season with their limited ability to make moves.

JR Smith at 5m a year for only 4 years is pretty good, and is a tradeable piece if he sucks more than he typically does.

But he only allows us to hope we can maintain what we have - he doesn't improve us unless he gets better somehow (which he likely isn't going to do).

If it's the 4 yrs 5 per like ppl are saying its not the worst contract ever. He's a glue sniffer but i'm not sure the Knicks could find anyone better in the off season with their limited ability to make moves.

JR Smith at 5m a year for only 4 years is pretty good, and is a tradeable piece if he sucks more than he typically does.

But he only allows us to hope we can maintain what we have - he doesn't improve us unless he gets better somehow (which he likely isn't going to do).

Agreed. Its like The Lin situation but without a Felton option for backup. Its JR or nothing, some team could still drive up his cost, we'll see.

It's not a bad contract at all; it's just the fact that he's still on your team

But who knows maybe he comes back a changed man in his 10th year

They're gonna have to ditch Wade eventually, but I don't think that's as big as a loss as people think as long as they can keep Bosh and Bron together.

They're all going to opt out next year and Wade will re-sign for the MLE, problem solved!

AirBrian

Thanks, my family and I are fine. Appreciate all the well wishes, this is truly Best-GAF.

Glad you and Tyler are OK. Stay safe...looks like more bad weather could come today too.

Isn't Pristine a Mavs fan that lives up there too? I saw him post in the tornado thread, glad he's OK too.

Emwitus

When people talking about lebron leading a soulless cavs to the finals I forgot he got eliminated by a dwight howard lead team as the number 1 seed hahahaha. How did we all forget that?

Glad you and Tyler are OK. Stay safe...looks like more bad weather could come today too.

Isn't Pristine a Mavs fan that lives up there too? I saw him post in the tornado thread, glad he's OK too.

Pristine is in Texas but his stuff was wrecked by a different natural disaster =/

When people talking about lebron leading a soulless cavs to the finals I forgot he got eliminated by a dwight howard lead team as the number 1 seed hahahaha. How did we all forget that?

Nobody forgot that; you're just the only one who cares enough to keep bringing up the past lol

Smokey

Pristine_Condition is in Texas, I'm pretty sure.

Glad you're ok man. I am terrified of driving or going through the plains at this time of year. I got fam in Wichita which got hit by a few the other day but obviously no where near Oklahoma type damage.

Seeing that movie Twister when I used to live in Kansas destroyed my psyche as a kid during the spring/summer.

Pimpwerx

Yeah, 2-3-2 really doesn't make sense in 2013. Hopefully Silver gets rid of it.

It still makes sense for travel. The Finals are such a large production now, there's even more equipment transferring from coast to coast. 2-3-2 is superior logistically.

It's also smart because there remains a difference between conferences. The 2-3-2 minimizes the HCA, thus not penalizing the team that had the tougher fight all season. I like the format, and not just because it's worked twice for us. I just think it keeps fans from feeling butthurt because their team was better, but had to play in a better conference.

Basically, if you're good enough to win the championship, you better be able to win on the road. Otherwise, you don't deserve that ring. PEACE.

Bishman

It still makes sense for travel. The Finals are such a large production now, there's even more equipment transferring from coast to coast. 2-3-2 is superior logistically.

It's also smart because there remains a difference between conferences. The 2-3-2 minimizes the HCA, thus not penalizing the team that had the tougher fight all season. I like the format, and not just because it's worked twice for us. I just think it keeps fans from feeling butthurt because their team was better, but had to play in a better conference.

Basically, if you're good enough to win the championship, you better be able to win on the road. Otherwise, you don't deserve that ring. PEACE.

Not having home court is an advantage in the finals. SMH.

Just watched coach nick's breakdown of the spurs/grizz game 1 matchup. SA's defenders cheated on Allen and Prince and came over to pressure Zbo every time he touched the ball in the post. I said earlier that those guys present a real problem for the Grizz' scoring opportunities, especially Allen, whose jumper looks fucking broken. Bayless and Pondexter will probably get huge minutes tonight

Yea, hard to ignore the fact that you can live with losing or winning games based off of Allen and Prince killing you with jumpers--it just seems unlikely to happen. Its easier said than done to get those rotations on point, but its one of the reasons why I prefer Spurs v Heat as a more competitive matchup.

Yea, hard to ignore the fact that you can live with losing or winning games based off of Allen and Prince killing you with jumpers--it just seems unlikely to happen. Its easier said than done to get those rotations on point, but its one of the reasons why I prefer Spurs v Heat as a more competitive matchup.

Yeah, if my soul was on the line I think I'd take Joakim Noah hitting an elbow J over Prince. They're both ugly, but Noah will gut his in.

Would be the biggest troll move if Phil Jackson becomes the Clippers coach but then again Sterling is too cheap and a control freak to pay/let Phil run the Clips organization

unlike Melo, LeBron James says he'll be able to dunk on Roy Hibbert and the Pacers
MIAMI - LeBron James saw that block Roy Hibbert applied on Carmelo Anthony's dunk attempt. He was impressed, mostly because it represented such a huge momentum shift.
But this is James we're talking about, the high-flying defier of human capabilities.

He seemed offended that a reporter would even ask whether he'd hesitate to drive against Hibbert.
"Me?" James said incredulously. "Me?"
Reassured the question was about him, James dismissed the notion.
"Nah."

The Pacers succeeded against the Knicks, in part because Hibbert was a lone force in the paint who allowed his teammates to stay on the perimeter and defend the 3-point shot.

The Knicks had opportunities to drive on Hibbert, who badly outplayed Tyson Chandler, and Indiana's center responded with 19 blocks in six games.

Of course, nobody finishes at the rim like the Heat, specifically James. The four-time MVP said there isn't a player in the league who could deter him from a dunk attempt.

"If I think I can finish over the top than I'm going to go for it," said James, who has played in five of the last seven Eastern Conference finals. "Once you get in the air you want to think, score first, pass second, and see where it takes you.

"But I do protect myself though. I had a nasty fall when I was in junior high school, broke my wrist. So I'm very protective of how I take off."

Would be the biggest troll move if Phil Jackson becomes the Clippers coach but then again Sterling is too cheap and a control freak to pay/let Phil run the Clips organization

Sterling holds a grudge against Zen master cause Phil's been extremely critical of him in the past. and Donald sterling wont forget that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom