• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

see this is exactly how I said it was going to happen. Motherfuckers on here we're like "Zeus your crazy why would they pay his brother to be a bench warmer"? because, it would allow them to funnel the family at least 1 extra million a year.

Brandon Rush is .. a lot better.

right or wrong your agreeing with my point also I think Cope can become decent at defense in time....

Keeping JR for cheap is perfect.

Too bad I'm sure that story is some sort of media plant/troll and will result in the price going up.

Also, Copeland will probably be perfect for someone like the Spurs or something - he can come off the bench for quick offense/shooting, fit the system, play a high pace, and not worry about getting buried arbitrarily as long as he's doing his job.

Keeping JR for cheap is perfect.

Too bad I'm sure that story is some sort of media plant/troll and will result in the price going up.

Also, Copeland will probably be perfect for someone like the Spurs or something - he can come off the bench for quick offense/shooting, fit the system, play a high pace, and not worry about getting buried arbitrarily as long as he's doing his job.

JR is a terrible. Fans will soon be calling for his head the more they get to see him.

Pimpwerx

Does anyone know what Calderon's plans are? Is he looking to get paid or win?

he's a really good shooter and if we could get rid of chalmers.........

Rio is a Spo guy. Not sure he'll ever be gone. Worst case, he'll remain Cole's towel boy, after Cole takes all his minutes. He's not bad as a backup, and we don't need someone like Calderon who pounds the rock. More importantly, we can't afford Jose. He was producing well for my fantasy team all year, so I assume he's gonna collect a modest payday. Way above MMLE that we can give. PEACE.

Rio is a Spo guy. Not sure he'll ever be gone. Worst case, he'll remain Cole's towel boy, after Cole takes all his minutes. He's not bad as a backup, and we don't need someone like Calderon who pounds the rock. More importantly, we can't afford Jose. He was producing well for my fantasy team all year, so I assume he's gonna collect a modest payday. Way above MMLE that we can give. PEACE.
Well best case scenario is that Cole is starting next year. I mean, he's younger than Rio, more athletic an a far better defender and after the all star break has been stroking the three better than him.

Cole probably won't start as long as Chalmers is there but he's definitely earned more minutes than him.

rando14

hey gondo your team sucks dick

but glad you're allright mate

nod.gif

Into

Despite having a great regular season, winning Sixth Man of The Year and what seemed like Mike fixed his previously bad attitude, J.R will still just be remembered this season for disrespecting the C's and going on a massive slump in the playoffs. So even if he starts playing well next season, there will be always that doubt that he may have a meltdown in the playoffs and not perform.

But what else can the Knicks do, Melo, Chandla' and Stat are eating so much of the cap, that they would be lucky if J.R stayed, they really cannot make all that many moves. They will lose Copeland probably, Prigioni might go back to Europe to play there, Sheed' is done...again.

Stat needs to really earn his paycheck, because right now he is the one holding them back, or rather, his contract. Nobody is crazy enough to go after him, not even the Nets

Nix will get worse next season unless Amare turns back the clock and they become some sort of force, unlikely. While Indiana gets more experience and maybe gets Nate Rob as a backup PG, while Chicago finally gets healthy.

Bishman

Spurs / Heat finals will literally be a toss up.

I got my money on the Spurs. Popvich + vets aka Duncan, Parker, Ginobli + team ball the Spurs play will win the series in 6 games.

Plus remember the finals is 2-3-2. If the Spurs can steal a game on the road, they will be in the driver seat.

so when SA wins tonight (tho i expect the game to be a lot closer and more competitive) are we still rollin with "Memphis in 6" gaf?

Ehh, why don't we let the teams play first. While I certainly hope and think SA will win tonight, Memphis didn't make it this far by being chumps.

If SA does win tonight, I think they are set up to steal one in Memphis. They'll have four and a half days of rest, and Duncan and Parker seem hellbent on not repeating last year's mistakes. I'm actually surprised by the level of emotion San Antonio has shown coming into the WCF. Not saying that guarantees them anything -- there are none in sports.

LOL at first take thinking lebron will win anywhere close to 6 championships. Durant's gonna block that fairytale.

I can see LeBron winning 5-6 if Miami can keep their core together. It's just winning one at a time. Who would have thought Michael Jordan would have won 6? LeBron has the ability and now he has the support.

Spurs / Heat finals will literally be a toss up.

I got my money on the Spurs. Popvich + vets aka Duncan, Parker, Ginobli + team ball the Spurs play will win the series in 6 games.

Plus remember the finals is 2-3-2. If the Spurs can steal a game on the road, they will be in the driver seat.
the 2-3-2 finals format is the dumbest fucking thing ever

I can see LeBron winning 5-6 if Miami can keep their core together. It's just winning one at a time. Who would have thought Michael Jordan would have won 6? LeBron has the ability and now he has the support.

Wade seems way more broken down compared to where Pippen was by the time the Bulls were trying to get the second one though.

Wade seems way more broken down compared to where Pippen was by the time the Bulls were trying to get the second one though.

He's not in the greatest shape, thats true but he's good enough to offer support. Also, the Heat will be able to continue filling up the holes as they become available just like the Bulls and Lakers did under Phil. Bosh and LeBron will be good for the next 4-5 years.

He's not in the greatest shape, thats true but he's good enough to offer support. Also, the Heat will be able to continue filling up the holes as they become available just like the Bulls and Lakers did under Phil. Bosh and LeBron will be good for the next 4-5 years.

I'm just going to enjoy history being written As we're in the moment

unless history is choosing to write a Miami Heat collapse and implosion, in that case fuck this world

KingGondo

Banned
They're gonna have to ditch Wade eventually, but I don't think that's as big as a loss as people think as long as they can keep Bosh and Bron together.

Bishman

They aren't as good as last year in the post season so far. On paper they are but the only deep ball threats they've had over the last two series are Ray Allen and Norris Cole. Brons deepball has regressed, Battiers has regressed and so has Chalmers. It makes their small ball game less dominant.

And Wade is one big shot away from being out. The Pacers are going to make sure they don't get out of that series without a few injuries.

They can flick a switch at any point as far as shooting goes, but if they maintain the threepoint percentage they have against Indiana and San Antonio I think they are going to be in trouble. Less so against the Pacers because they can't score enough, but its going to get them wrecked against the Spurs.

The Spurs shot .376 from long-range during the regular season, the fourth-best mark in the league. That's held firm with a .372 playoff rate as well, the second-best mark among all playoff teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom