• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Couldn't have happened to a classier outfit, still remember what Suarez did to Ghana last time.

This tournament is rife with karmic justice

asbroo.gif

rzwkym.gif

nofhhd.gif

Embarrassing, lose out to the underdog and start going for just injuring them.

0 points and -2 goal differential. Still to face England and Italy.

Uruguay in tough. Costa Rica probably won't get another point but they won't be an easy 3 by any means.

denx

Expected much more from Uruguay.

I don't know why tho since they barely qualified through play-offs and the did awful in the CONMEBOL qualifiers.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Uruguay should go home and not comeback. What a disgrace.

Cavani has been completely unimpressive since he left Napoli.

rzwkym.gif

nofhhd.gif

Embarrassing, lose out to the underdog and start going for just injuring them.

Maxi Pereira gets away with things like that regularly in the Portuguese League. It´s so fucking ridiculous that on the video of Benfica´s celebration of the League title, one of his team mates asked how the fuck does Maxi never get a red card and Maxi just laughed.

danreis

Uruguay needs a complete rebuilding. They were an old team in 2010, and this is almost the same roster. I mean, Forlan for god sake. His last season was a joke, he just can't be a starter nowadays for a decent team.

Glad England face Uruguay next and not Italy. Not that I'm all too worried about Uruguay but with Suarez back and them being desperate it could get real fucking ugly.

Its why I'm also worried about Chile vs Spain next. I never want to face a team that is desperate after a big loss.

RoySFNR

That's a painful read. Also funny how twelve million was still a normal amount to pay for a player for us back then.

Let's not forget that we almost went bankrupt because of the financial consequences involved with getting those kind of players. As awesome as it will be getting those big names, long term it will cause problems.

Well, we fixed the same problem by buying Mertens and Strootman and selling them for more. Buying Robinho's might be out of the question but Campbell didn't cost more than 1 million when Arsenal picked him up according to the staff despite his talent being obvious.

We might be derailing this thread a little though :p

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That dirty bastard at the end totally lost his shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom