• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cess007

We need a new off topic thread, with the highlights so far. Just so people understadn WHY we love this game.

Every single time i get asked why i love football, i showed them the last 5 minutes of Italy vs Germany from the 2006 WC. If they can't get it with that, nothing will.

Baleoce

CONCACAF to FIFA:

F2III4XHGH6JJ28.LARGE.gif

Love this haha. Hoping USA Ecuador and Honduras follow suit. Okay, maybe that last one is expecting a bit too much xD

snaffles

Shame to see the match end that way, awful 'tackle' by the Uruguay player. Great win for Costa Rica though, going to be an interesting group to watch.

Altazor

England is Liverpool in disguise, that would never happen.

Expect amazingness.

managed by Roy fucking Hodgson. I expect nothing.

Regarding URU vs CRC: damn. Never expected that. And while I'm a bit sad for Tabárez, Suárez and Coates, I'm happy for Costa Rica. They were excellent today.

Uruguay's manager is absolutely terrible based on this "performance". Can't imagine they don't have a single playmaker to call upon, and there was no real shape or plan whatsoever. Cavani was terrible on the ball, frankly, but a #9 needs service, and the creative reigns were completely at the feet of a 35-year old who plies his trade in Japan.

Costa Rica did well though. Joel Campbell showed he could compete physically which is so key if you want to be a lone striker. That he could basically win them the game on the football stage shows he's abit special.

So its my first time watching the world cup in general.
What should I know?
I don't really follow soccer too much.

1) Football. Not soccer.

2) 8 groups. 4 teams per group. 2 best in each group qualify for round of 16.

3) Fifa dosen`t allow for video checking, so referees make mistakes and people rage a lot.

4) Uruguay was not supposed to lose to Costa Rica. Thats what makes this so fucking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom