• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

ITALIAAAAAAAA.

Great game England. Tough conditions both teams didn't play to what they were capable of. Still think they both make it out the group.

Everyone except Rooney and Paletta.

Marchisio was player of the game for me. And Pirlo of course.

Looking forward to the match against Uruguay and Costa Rica.
That will show what their capable of.

untitled-5t1ujt.gif

Sigh. Seeing Pirlo is always painful as a Milan supporter.

Nah, I have no regrets. He was poor that last season at San Siro and if he stayed with us he'd probably be retired by now because the system we played didn't make the best use of his genius.

It's just a privilege to see the man continuing to do his thing on the biggest stage, goddamn I love him so much

Fjordson

Fuck it.

Proud of the likes of Sterling, Sturridge, Barkley... those younger players did their best and deserve credit.

People who should be standing up and showing the kids the way like Rooney and Gerrard did fuck all. Rooney did less than fuck all, good assist maybe but cost us goals and overall was absolutely pathetic.

Ross has to start the next game, has to. We are in a tough position now, very tough, we have to win both our next games. Very slim chance of that.
Agreed. Sterling was fun to watch, was a good effort today.

We may be fucked now, though.

England will never progress while they persist with the likes of Rooney and Johnson. Feel sorry for the young players like Sterling, Barkley and Welbeck.

Rooney robbing Barkley of the ball and then proceeding to blaze the ball over the bar summed up the situation in a nutshell. He's fucking selfish and represents an era of underachievement and hype. Congrats ItalyGAF.

trixx

Grats to Italia Gaf. Anyone on gaf rooting for Ivory Coast. I hope they do well because they may be Africa's only hope.

Into

Sterling showed a lot of effort and courage.

Rooney as always in these tournaments was shit, but Sky Sports has spent too much time labeling him a "world class" player, so he will always play and get picked.

No Italian player would ever get that sort of treatment, everyone is replaceable

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
England pushed they just couldn't figure out how to get through or get it into the box

The good: sterling, Sturridge, Welbeck

The bad: Gerrard, Johnson, Baines

The worst: Rooney

Hopefully shaw starts against Uruguay

And Rooney gets left in the hotel

Randdalf

I think England played very well, we were the better team for long periods but our defending was just poor, especially for the second goal. I don't think we deserved to lose, but that's football. Once Italy started defending deep we were done for as we lack the ability to penetrate a defense that is so tightly packed.

Altazor

fucking Woy.

EDIT: Rooney and Baines were baaaad. I thought Johnson was going to be a disaster ('cause he has been terrible for LFC lately) and he surprised me - he was decent. Cahill was ENG's best defender by a mile. Thought Stevie was mediocre. The attack was ENG's best part - Sterling was ace, Sturridge was lethal and even Danny Welbeck looked dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom