• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcane

Fifa+world+cup+2014.+Apparently+is+a+facepalm+contest+suggested_751d28_3498872.jpg

Especially at Shrek.

[Fugo]

#englandstayfree #36yearswithouteverbeatingus

dat Pirlo, dat Candreva
great touches by Balotelli
Sirigu played well and didn't make us miss Buffon

survivor

Banned
England played an average game, outside of the assist, Rooney was a disappointment. They need to step it up for the next two games. Sturridge and Sterling played pretty well however.

Arjen

That second half was horrible.
England Uruguay is going to be interesting.
Fuck the last match though, I need some sleep.

Tristam

Fair play to Italy; the first goal was class and Balotelli's wasn't bad either. (Fantastic to see that the Italians don't dive anymore.)

danwarb

I'm really disappointed with that, for how poor Italy's defence were and how much better England's attack was. If England had set up with Lallana wide instead of Rooney, Italy wouldn't have had half their chances.

Both sides looked a mess, but England got it so wrong with no help for Baines on the left.

England have some really good players now. They just need a manager with a brain.

Buzzati

Banned
England will never progress while they persist with the likes of Rooney and Johnson. Feel sorry for the young players like Sterling, Barkley and Welbeck.

Rooney robbing Barkley of the ball and then proceeding to blaze the ball over the bar summed up the situation in a nutshell. He's fucking selfish and represents an era of underachievement and hype. Congrats ItalyGAF.

This. England has a great future with their young talent, though. Some of the most promising players in a decade. The sooner they stop using Rooney the better.

Walshy

The deciding factors were the in-game management from Hodgson and Prandelli.

England got progressively worse every tactical change Hodgson made.

Okay so the game was overall good a bit slow but you can blame that on the conditions.

Ballotelli and Pirlo were the best players the latter really deserved that last goal and Salvatore did his job.

Sterling and the other young players were a nightmare for us. Methinks they'll guide England to victory against Uruguay. Rooney and Gerrad belong on the bench for doing bollocks for the English. I'd keep Rooney for more showing more of his brilliant corner kicks however.

Now I can watch the Japan game in peace.

Foshy

[Fugo];116579993 said:
Sirigu played well and didn't make us miss Buffon

yeah i kinda hope Sirigu stays. Buffon is a legend, sure, but I don't want him now after seeing what happened to Casillas.

mreddie

Yeah about that...It's the english football team playing not the british. Please don't lump Scotland, wales and Northern ireland in with the english football team. Although they would love to have Gareth Bale playing for them.

Funny thing was I was gonna put the English Choke Job. They need to get rid of Rooney. Just ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom