• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Unreal

14262172409_0b1b77c002_o.jpg

14444898511_ed2604a5bf_o.jpg

Every time I see Skyrim screenshots with an ENB I get sad because when Fallout 4 comes out, we won't be able to use an ENB with it :( (ENBs don't work with DX11)

And jeez, pick your shots man. Some of those are totally generic and add nothing to the others.

That's just opinion though.

There are hundreds of the same shot posted from a tonne of games here. There are also, seemingly 'generic' shots as well on every page.

Give him a nudge for the image quality and amount of pics per post but you can't really tell what type of footage can be shown or not.

Some people have posted low quality mods, or bugs or pics looking at nothing but a wall...

If you don't like it, keep scrolling.

Back on topic, Unreal and Jim, some stunning looking Watch Dogs moments captured. Well done on creating and using that freecam. Marketing/wallpaper material for sure.

That's just opinion though.

There are hundreds of the same shot posted from a tonne of games here. There are also, seemingly 'generic' shots as well on every page.

Which is only natural, google screenshots of a specific game and chances are you find a dozen very similar to your own. A lot of people buy these games and the space inside the gameworld is very limited, even with free camera and fov changes a lot of people have the same idea.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Nice, am getting the itch to reinstall W2 again.

Some older screens I captured with previous gtx 670 rig. Can't remember exact settings used, nothing drastic - just slightly modified ini, and downsampling if I remember correctly. Pardon the hud and gpu overlay;

witcher2201302050507235.jpg

witcher2201302050519252.jpg

midhras

Wasn't there a rule not to post more than three consecutive posts for one game? Also the Witcher 2 is a looker, but the sharpening is often atrocious and the absence of FOV control is the pits.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Wasn't there a rule not to post more than three consecutive posts for one game? Also the Witcher 2 is a looker, but the sharpening is often atrocious and the absence of FOV control is the pits.
Indeed. I think disabling sharpening was one of the first things I did when I first tinkered with the ini, that and increased shadow values to proper ultra settings, they were stuck on low, iirc.

Haven't been keeping up to date, does GeDoSaTo work with Witcher 2? Really feel the urge to downsample it as far as I can go.

Even back closer to release, I never liked the Witcher 2's graphics. Something just doesn't do it for me.

I know technically it's impressive, but artistically, nope.

I guess that's why the world is such a great place, with so many different opinions.

Tnecniv... nice to see someone else playing Bound by Flame. Solid (non AAA) quality game. Just hope you chose your path 'correctly'. The game is horribly flawed at the end boss... Enough to make me recommend no one purchase until a 'fix' is issued or at least a reset skill tree option.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Even back closer to release, I never liked the Witcher 2's graphics. Something just doesn't do it for me.

I guess that's why the world is such a great place, with so many different opinions.

Tnecniv... nice to see someone else playing Bound by Flame. Solid (non AAA) quality game. Just hope you chose your path 'correctly'. The game is horribly flawed at the end boss... Enough to make me recommend no one purchase until a 'fix' is issued or at least a reset skill tree option.
Well said, I think W2 holds up well both artistically and technically, but I have no problem with those who think otherwise. It would be quite a boring world if we all had the same tastes. Am looking forward to W3.

I enjoyed your Bound screenies. Fwiw, am taking ranger path with pyromancy abilities, so far so good, but I haven't played very far into the game yet. Am liking what I have seen so far though, it is pretty solid for a lower budget title.

misho8723

Banned

Well, i like the graphics of W2 not because of the technical beauty, but for one reason: opposite other RPG games (and developers) everything, every little thing in that game looks just so beautifully and handmade,.. everything has a purpose, it isn't just there because something needed to be there, but because it makes sense.. that's why i don't like what i have seen from the new Dragon Age, but loving everything what i have seen from W3

Denton

Also: Are you running your Plasma with 4:4:4? That can also contribute to the problem

Honestly, I am not sure what that means and how I can check it. But I have 55" and sit (or lie) 2.5 meters from it, and games look stunning, much better than on my (very high-end) LCD.

Hahahaha. I knew your taste was completely off with your intense dislike for Watch Dogs, but better confirmation I never could have wished for. And by "off" I mean "completely opposite to mine".

Top Bottom