• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Unreal

14256759510_1ae86a90fd_o.jpg

14256761310_f6bfed96e3_o.jpg

Denton

It is kinda bizzare how great TSMAA look when playing on plasma, and how bad it looks when playing on monitor up close.

ijQ0HbWLi7vp7.png

iYQzTJx0tsUzt.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
It is kinda bizzare how great TSMAA look when playing on plasma, and how bad it looks when playing on monitor up close.

ijQ0HbWLi7vp7.png

http://i2.minus.com/iYQzTJx0tsUzt.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Distance does wonders for aliasing. That AA looks super weird and cooky

Denton

Distance does wonders for aliasing. That AA looks super weird and cooky

The lame thing is that MSAA 4* looks even worse. And when I tried MSAA 8*, I had 6fps.
And with AMD I cannot try TXAA. So the only good way to antialias would be downsampling I guess.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lol that dump was so bad I just assumed it was the console version in the console screenshot thread. I didn't even realize this was actually the pc screenshot thread.

Spazznid

Tons of shots...

Don't take what they said the wrong way, everyone here appreciates unique contributions. But if you plan on posting here, read through the rules in the OP, there aren't that many. And if you plan on sharing, make sure it's something that's not been seen a million times before in the same way. Think about whether or not the shot has some sort of action, or story it tells can help with that.

For example, I personally take around 100-300 shots of Remember Me when I'm screenshotting. Out of all those, I usually only end up submitting 5-12 shots, deleting the rest. Going through a bunch of 8K BMPs and deleting them one by one takes forever, but it really makes you get better at thinking about your shots and how they're set up.

14260679200_6c0416b709_o_d.png

14260679250_f97b23b390_o_d.png

I think HBAO+ is working, but are there any other tools I should know about with this game? Just using HBAO+ and GeDoSaTo for the moment.

Only 2 pics per post, man!

Also, using Imgur is not allowed, it highly compresses screenshots.

Don't take what they said the wrong way, everyone here appreciates unique contributions. But if you plan on posting here, read through the rules in the OP, there aren't that many. And if you plan on sharing, make sure it's something that's not been seen a million times before in the same way. Think about whether or not the shot has some sort of action, or story it tells can help with that.

For example, I personally take around 100-300 shots of Remember Me when I'm screenshotting. Out of all those, I usually only end up submitting 5-12 shots, deleting the rest. Going through a bunch of 8K BMPs and deleting them one by one takes forever, but it really makes you get better at thinking about your shots and how they're set up.

I think HBAO+ is working, but are there any other tools I should know about with this game? Just using HBAO+ and GeDoSaTo for the moment.

Oh, really sorry guys, my bad. Thanks for the tips, already edited my post.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Edit: Pictures were not good, sorry about that xD
You're more than welcome to keep posting. If you want to hide the HUD in watch Dogs before taking screenshots, go to: Users\username\Documents\WatchDogs\filefolder\GamerProfile

Open the gamer profile xml and change these values from 1 to 0:

Code:
UseCompassMiniMap="1" UseRoadSignHilight="1" UseSubtitles="1" UseReticle="1" UseWaypoint="1" UseHintsAndTutorial="1" UsePdaNotification="1" UseMinimap="1" UseDynamicMission="1" UseItemAndRewards="1" UseMissionUpdate="1" UseFelony="1" UseEquipmentAndTools="1" UseAmbx="1"

You're more than welcome to keep posting. If you want to hide the HUD in watch Dogs before taking screenshots, go to: Users\username\Documents\WatchDogs\filefolder\GamerProfile

Open the gamer profile xml and change these values from 1 to 0:

Code:
UseCompassMiniMap="1" UseRoadSignHilight="1" UseSubtitles="1" UseReticle="1" UseWaypoint="1" UseHintsAndTutorial="1" UsePdaNotification="1" UseMinimap="1" UseDynamicMission="1" UseItemAndRewards="1" UseMissionUpdate="1" UseFelony="1" UseEquipmentAndTools="1" UseAmbx="1"

That's nice! Didn't know about that, thanks!!!

BONKERS

Watch Dogs finally use decent ambient occlusion. Brings more realism I think...

QFT.

It's not the AO that's the problem.

ijQ0HbWLi7vp7.png

iYQzTJx0tsUzt.png

Distance mah friend. It doesn't fix everything from moderate distances but it makes a difference.

If you sit at the right distance from your TV, things will look a lot different.

Also: Are you running your Plasma with 4:4:4? That can also contribute to the problem

Top Bottom