• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

More Divinity: OS
screenshot_2014-07-06brscb.jpg

(that second one uses a camera bug)

That "bug" should be a FEATURE by default. That looks awesome.

legacyzero

Banned
Different strokes for different folks, but to me, ENB can add to the post-apocalyptic feel - as well as the addition of a lot of grass does. I don't mind people being purist if that's what they like, but I applaud Bethesda for allowing modders to take a game and build on it in ways that satisfies their personal esthetic.

I've probably shared at least some of these on GAF already, but whenever someone states ENB and/or mods diminish the look of the game, I feel like I not only have to counter by saying that this is of course opinion, but I need to show what I mean when I say that at least for me the opposite is true. That said, I fully agree that it's totally up to taste what looks good, and that these shots might epitomize whatever one might think is bad about modding.
Best shot out of the four.

You're absolutely right on all fronts. And you wont hear any arguments from me over mod support. It's amazing.

But 3 of the four shots you posted were just plastered with some bright, blurry shader that just kills the overall quality of the shot, especially IQ-wise.

Sure, some dry and dead grass can help add to it. But overall, it's just too much with all the shaders. Plus, what may work for Skyrim, just doesn't work for Fallout.

I do like Wanny's shots mostly, though.

You're always going to find someone that prefers a game without ENB. Nothing blows me away like Fallout 3 as seen by Anthemios.

Some of these are pretty good, too.

midhras

Fallout's contrast is so out of whack that I've used shaders to reduce the brightness, if anything. You're right about the aliasing though. As Cyberpunked said, by being unable to resort to AA, you're either going to have to run the game at crazy resolutions (and sadly, it doesn't hotsample) or use DOF to hide some of it. For me the pros vastly outweigh the cons.

Anthemios' work on Fallout 3 is brilliant. Nothing can touch that.

tJT.jpg

Cheat Engine?

Aren't there already good console controls?

I wouldn't call them "good." There's no freecam while the game is timestopped. And by that I mean there's no way to move the camera around with your character frozen in position. I always found the method required for Remember Me to be very wonky. But I couldn't get the camera working in Cheat Engine so.... blah :(

You gotta use:

Realistic Water Two - ENB Textures
Realistic Water Two
Watercolor for ENB and Realistic Water Two

Do you have the mod W.A.T.E.R installed aswell? Or does it interefere with Realistic Water 2 etc? My water is black, doesnt look unrealistic for snowy dark Skyrim but realism isn't everything and even after installing the mods in your list it is still black (maybe it's the enb preset?)

Do you have the mod W.A.T.E.R installed aswell? Or does it interefere with Realistic Water 2 etc? My water is black, doesnt look unrealistic for snowy dark Skyrim but realism isn't everything and even after installing the mods in your list it is still black (maybe it's the enb preset?)

Nah don't use W.A.T.E.R as it would interfere.
It could be your enb.
Are you using the newest enb dll file as the water mod I use needs it.

Question to the Skyrim modders here. How are your loading times with ENB? Mine definitely went up quite a bit and especially the experience in cities has been crap due to that. It's not terrible but probably similar to the 360 version (With SSD...)

As I want to play through the game I got rid of the ENB, just using texture mods, COT, etc.

Nah don't use W.A.T.E.R as it would interfere.
It could be your enb.
Are you using the newest enb dll file as the water mod I use needs it.

Hm, I've the latest enb installed. But I went a little overboard with mods in general, being a beginner to modding like that means a few CTD's lol... guess I'll try to deinstall WATER and some other mods I've tried and see if i can get the Water to look a little more like in your shots. Thanks.

(BTW, do you TSVedit your mods if LOOT gives you an entry? I have 4-5 entries but no errors, thinking about running them through tsvedit to make sure everything is ok)

EDIT: To Shennmu

I have Skyrim installed on a physical HDD (7200rpm), not on an SSD. With mods and enb my loadtimes when entering/leaving cities are still way superior to the loadtimes I've experienced on 360.

Top Bottom