• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Speevy

Banned
I want to play this game with such graphics! How?

My advice is be careful.

Install just the mods they suggest for you and watch a tutorial.

It's very easy to screw up your game. I did everything perfectly with one of the ENB mods but I got a little careless/greedy and ended up with flower patches popping up everywhere I walked. Ugly stuff.

Spazznid

14406219500_7b766a0360_o.png

Also, are you using the latest version of Cinematic Mod?

Been ages since i last played this. New build is so different. Having a new PC to play it on is even better, 1920x1200, 6x in game DS, and getting almost 30fps lol

pcars2014-07-0721-13-umjvb.png

pcars2014-07-0721-14-svj5u.png

Is the game still playable at this level of quality? Because these screenshots are among the best Skyrim screenshots I've ever seen.

If you have enough VRAM (If possible more than 2GB) you should be able to comfortably lock it at 30, maybe even 60 with a strong GPU and no crazy resolutions. At least that's my experience after starting to mess around with Skyrim modding recently. I gave up on super heavy mods due to only having 2GB VRAM though.

That said, 30fps is kind of a no go for this game for me as you really need a keyboard to play it properly (shortcuts, etc.) and I don't like 30fps with keyboard/mouse.

Seyavesh

I like this shot a lot. What mods did you use? The feathers and rifle and hat look pretty cool:)

the outfit is from the 'nvbs desert scorpion battle suit'

the hat is just the brown ranger hat from base NV

the rifle is from gun runner's arsenal DLC for NC, it's the "medicine stick" .45-70 rifle

this is me trying to recreate the shot with the current ENB i use.. it doesn't quite work out, which sucks. i really don't know what got that kinda 'rich' kinda lookin' shot
KST.jpg

and this is with with the enb i use for the snowy wasteland
IST.jpg

This thread makes me not want to play games knowing such IQ is possible but currently unplayable, lol. Nice shots all around!

Are the Divinity ones done at 4K? If so I think I'll sacrifice 60 FPS and just play at 30 because those look quite sharp.

No, 1440p. I'd still get around 30 FPS at 4k, but I prefer the tradeoff at 1440p for playing.

Weird, my IQ doesn't look nearly that good at the resolution. Really looking forward to getting a new monitor in a month or two. Still can't decide between the Rog Swift or the gsynced 4K asus when that comes out. Suppose I wouldn't be playing games at 120 FPS often with the IQ I like but it'd be nice to have the option/general browsing improvements.

Edit: Started it up and I suppose it does look similar, just in motion it doesn't look quite as nice.

Nibel

If you have enough VRAM (If possible more than 2GB) you should be able to comfortably lock it at 30, maybe even 60 with a strong GPU and no crazy resolutions. At least that's my experience after starting to mess around with Skyrim modding recently. I gave up on super heavy mods due to only having 2GB VRAM though.

That said, 30fps is kind of a no go for this game for me as you really need a keyboard to play it properly (shortcuts, etc.) and I don't like 30fps with keyboard/mouse.

Ah, okay - thanks for clearing this up! I played Skyrim but in vanilla state, and this looks like miles ahead of what I saw, hehe. Based Nexus!

I know I'm in the minority with this but I think that this screenshot alone gives me a better sense of atmosphere than any Diablo 3 playing session ever did. Love the ship in the background (and hope you can hijack it).

Wulfegang

I took a great screenshot from "The Wolf Among Us" this morning but wanted to make sure I could post it before hand to avoid a possible spoiler. It's of a character that makes their appearance in Episode 3 which was released April 8, 2014. I wasn't sure if enough time has passed to post it or if even posting any character from a game like that would be considered a spoiler.

Thorgal

I took a great screenshot from "The Wolf Among Us" this morning but wanted to make sure I could post it before hand to avoid a possible spoiler. It's of a character that makes their appearance in Episode 3 which was released April 8, 2014. I wasn't sure if enough time has passed to post it or if even posting any character from a game like that would be considered a spoiler.

The rule on no spoilers is usually dropped after 6 months .

But if said character is not a spoiler in itself or one cannot draw any spoilers out of the posted shot without context I don't see why not .

If you want to play sure , you can link to the photo's with a warning included .

Wulfegang

The rule on no spoilers is usually dropped after 6 months .

But if said character is not a spoiler in itself or one cannot draw any spoilers out of the posted shot without context I don't see why not .

If you want to play sure , you can link to the photo's with a warning included .

Oh I didn't know it was 6 months. Front page said 2 months in the rules so I better wait. It's just a photo of the person but does not give any names, dialogue, or context to the scene. I'll wait a while and post the screenshot in a couple of months. Better safe than sorry!

Thorgal

Oh I didn't know it was 6 months. Front page said 2 months in the rules so I better wait. It's just a photo of the person but does not give any names, dialogue, or context to the scene. I'll wait a while and post the screenshot in a couple of months. Better safe than sorry!

Sorry i thought it said 6 months instead of 2 so my mistake .

You can post them if you want but if you have doubts just link to them .

Wulfegang

Screenshot from The Wolf Among Us I took this morning while getting anxious for the final episode to release today.
Warning: The following link contains a screenshot of a character introduced in Episode 3, so if you do not want to be spoiled do not click! Please delete if this breaks any rules or I did not post it correctly.

The Wolf Among Us

Reese-015

Hah so awesome to see all the Minecraft shots. I love Minecraft and always felt it looks absolutely fantastic with shader mods.

Reese-015

Eh plenty of games released from last gen are playable at 4K. Even some from next-gen are too if you have a proper rig.

Indeed. I loved playing the Mass Effect trilogy supersampled on my laptop with mid-range specs. So good. Same for Mirror's Edge. That game just ROCKS with supersampling cause it gives it the truly clean aesthetic that it deserves.

e
Eh plenty of games released from last gen are playable at 4K. Even some from next-gen are too if you have a proper rig.

Of course, but people aren't playing those ENBs at 60 FPS or anything of that nature. I have a 780 Ti so I have some room to spare. Mirror's Edge in particular lets you go pretty far and maintain a great framerate.

Spazznid

This thread makes me not want to play games knowing such IQ is possible but currently unplayable, lol. Nice shots all around!

Are the Divinity ones done at 4K? If so I think I'll sacrifice 60 FPS and just play at 30 because those look quite sharp.

Certainly playable with today's top cards.

ENB's are brute force methods AFAIK. I can play them at 60 fps without the addition of various HD texture mods. There's certainly a balance, but let's just say that a well-developed engine and game are the most crucial parts. For example, I can get 120 fps at 4K mostly with Remember Me, but that's why I play it at 8-10K, because I can :p.

Certainly playable with today's top cards.

ENB's are brute force methods AFAIK. I can play them at 60 fps without the addition of various HD texture mods. There's certainly a balance, but let's just say that a well-developed engine and game are the most crucial parts. For example, I can get 120 fps at 4K mostly with Remember Me, but that's why I play it at 8-10K, because I can :p.

Texture packs are pretty essential for some games though. Wouldn't want to play New Vegas without some kind, lot of nastiness throughout. I mean you can probably run Crysis 3 at 4K if you turn the settings to low or medium but what's the point.

xaxaWOW

Hi guys,

I recently bought a AMD R9 290x to replace my two GTX670.
I loved to play my game with higher resolution than 1080p with downsampling but I don't know how to do it now with my AMD Card ...

Thanks You !

( i'm french, i apologize for my english )

Top Bottom