• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Spazznid

Texture packs are pretty essential for some games though. Wouldn't want to play New Vegas without some kind, lot of nastiness throughout. I mean you can probably run Crysis 3 at 4K if you turn the settings to low but what's the point.

True, but the point I was mainly trying to make was about the game's engine.

I mean texture packs to a point, but in motion, you won't notice if it's 2048 x 2048 or 1024 x 1024 most of the time, if it's designed well enough. There are exceptions and Bethesda games are on an engine I particularly dislike. Also I'm pretty sure Crysis has a very acceptable framerate at 4K, but I don't feel like installing it atm. TBH, though, depending on your monitor, you only need to downsample a little bit and use some non-intrusive AA for a very clean look, IMO.

Hi guys,

I recently bought a AMD R9 290x to replace my two GTX670.
I loved to play my game with higher resolution than 1080p with downsampling but I don't know how to do it now with my AMD Card ...

Thanks You !

( i'm french, i apologize for my english )

This is a good method for a lot of DX9 games.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807472

masterzh

Neo Member
iDKa7t3x0Ru4z.jpg
That spider in fountain :D Anyway nice shots.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
e

Of course, but people aren't playing those ENBs at 60 FPS or anything of that nature. I have a 780 Ti so I have some room to spare. Mirror's Edge in particular lets you go pretty far and maintain a great framerate.

If I remember correctly, Unreal (who has probably the best looking ENB I've ever seen) has said that they get around 40-50fps~ and I remember the GPU being fairly standard (ie nothing like SLI'd 780ti's or anything).

You can get games looking gorgeous with a good GPU and playing great.

As far as texture packs go, you mostly just need a lot more VRAM for that stuff.

14605084744_bb2b12f92a_o.jpg

This is Sonja of the Whiterun Companions. The Companions love to fight, eat and drink. Sonja is drinking a liitle more than ususal because she tries to forget her date with the Jarl of Whiterun.

14605085014_5df4b0b45f_o.jpg

She really tried to make an impression but without her armor and sword she feels uncompfotable and Belethor sold her a cheap LotR necklace what the Jarl certainly noticed. Shes also the only UNP body around while the Jarl is swimming in seveNBase whiterun girls
he's also married with kids, strange date, strange Jarl

14607117085_79e2f4ca6f_o.jpg

So she drinks a little more to make her forget the date even faster. Maybe she already had a little too much of that fine argonian ale.

14607117245_ddda1d8a36_o.jpg

The next day she is out in the woods hunting deer, companions don't buy that overprized Whiterun market crap, they need fresh meat!

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
This is Sonja of the Whiterun Companions. The Companions love to fight, eat and drink. Sonja is drinking a liitle more than ususal because she tries to forget her date with the Jarl of Whiterun.

She really tried to make an impression but without her armor and sword she feels uncompfotable and Belethor sold her a cheap LotR necklace what the Jarl certainly noticed. Shes also the only UNP body around while the Jarl is swimming in seveNBase whiterun girls

So she drinks a little more to make her forget the date even faster. Maybe she already had a little too much of that fine argonian ale.

The next day she is out in the woods hunting deer, companions don't buy that overprized Whiterun market crap, they need fresh meat!

Creepy.

14607309205_d709bf94b2_o.jpg

Out of nowhere she is attacked by a troll, normaly trolls don't live in this area and she wasn't expecting to find one here.
Someone must have player.placeatme 000etc the troll into the woods

14607309315_1113a3a71a_o.jpg

Before the troll can seriously harm her, he is jumped at by a large grey wolf.

If I remember correctly, Unreal (who has probably the best looking ENB I've ever seen) has said that they get around 40-50fps~ and I remember the GPU being fairly standard (ie nothing like SLI'd 780ti's or anything).

You can get games looking gorgeous with a good GPU and playing great.

As far as texture packs go, you mostly just need a lot more VRAM for that stuff.

That's really impressive, have never had much luck getting Skyrim to look as good as the best screenshots so one of these days I'll need to try again. Had far more luck with it than GTA IV though.

14605084744_bb2b12f92a_o.jpg

14605085014_5df4b0b45f_o.jpg

Uh-mazing. Can you share your settings and mods if the list is not too long? I just re-installed Skyrim and have applied some:

amidianborn weapons, armors, creatures
book covers
enhanced lights and fx
lush trees and grass
static mesh improvement mod
water
flora overhaul
among

Max settings at 2560x1600 and it still looks off; certainly not as good as yours or anyone else's. If anyone has some tips...

Uh-mazing. Can you share your settings and mods if the list is not too long? I just re-installed Skyrim and have applied some:

amidianborn weapons, armors, creatures
book covers
enhanced lights and fx
lush trees and grass
static mesh improvement mod
water
flora overhaul
among

Max settings at 2560x1600 and it still looks off; certainly not as good as yours or anyone else's. If anyone has some tips...

I've got nothing too fancy installed, I think it's the story that make the pics look better. We're not even introduced to the pig-like aliens and it's already on top of Game of Thrones, if i dare say so myself ...
this is David Cage quality right there!

Short mod list (graphics only) that are probably standard for mod beginners like me:
1. official texture pack
2. high res texture pack (Skyrim HD, i went with 2k instead of 4k because i dont think the difference was very big)
3. Climates of Tamriel (for screenshots not important, but it greatly enhances the variety of the weather outside.
4. Enhanced light and fx
5. Immersive armors and weapons
6. Cloaks of Skyrim and Winter is coming
7. Splash of rain
8. Wet and cold
9. Better circlets and Ultimate Assortments.
10. Superior Rock Textures.
11. Appachii Hair
12. Race Menu
13. Dimonized UNP body
14. Mature skin textures
15. Gemlin queen jewelry
16. Static mesh improvements
17. Footprints
18. Enhanced blood textures.
19. Bloody facials.
20. Sporty, sexy sweat texture.
21. Realistic teeth (which look too white and perfect honestly)
22. Phiinix ENB + bokeh dof & tilt shift plug in (comes with the memory management patch)
23. Flora overhaul 2

Of course skse should be installed, and recently what Vampire mentioned (realistic water 2 etc), there are some more I cant remember right now but they are not that important to the overall look. Some ini tweaks to enhance the shadow res and selfshadowing of trees etc. I only run in 1920x1080 as the framerate is still more important for me and I personally don't like playing with any dof that is in your face so i turn that off during gameplay and only use that for screenshots

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Your VH screenies look wonderful. Keep them coming. I have the game in my wishlist trying to make a dent in my backlog before picking it up, but may have to get it sooner than planned thanks to your screenshots.

I actually finished it today unfortunately. It is quite good (minus the lame QTE bit towards the end) and there are a ton of gorgeous areas, but I tried to be pretty selective with the areas I took screens of. The art is really pretty in motion.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Yo fuck banding.

Picked this up in the steam sale and finally decided to try it out. Game looks pretty damned stellar in motion. Banding isn't as harsh in daylight. Also, it's reaaaal damn hard to get screenshots while playing!

screenshot_2014_07_09_00_06_06_by_aloo81-d7pv7tv.jpg

screenshot_2014_07_08_23_44_46_by_aloo81-d7pv7ui.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Wow, there are some cool Minecraft shots in the last couple of pages.

$0.99 screenshot time, Crash Time 2, 4x or 8xSGSSAA shots, cropped to remove black bars and replay controls.

burningwheelshi2014-0p6uu9.png

burningwheelshi2014-01kujm.png

Top Bottom